[MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) *LINK FIXED AGAIN!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lieber

Re: [MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) *LINK FIXED!

Postby Lieber » Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:15 pm

I'm a huge Mass Effect fan, so I'm interested in seeing where this mod will go.
Played 11 hours. Still haven't beaten the Flagship.
DarkKat

Postby DarkKat » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:27 am

Moosicorn wrote:Needs reaper ships :)

Reaper would be an amazing final boss to this.
DarkKat

Postby DarkKat » Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:29 am

wishinghand wrote:How hard is it to Mod this game? I'd like to play this mod but change the Mantis to be Turian and the Zoltan to be Salarian. It'd be cool to have enemy drones be Geth and friendly drones just look like the normal 'bots that Cerberus uses.

It'd also be cool to make the Crystals into Protheans.

If your good at making sprites and stuff you should make them and submit it to Captain, maybe work some joint project with him. I'd like to see your Turian sprites and kinda wouldn't mind there being a more femine Quarian
scox2782

Postby scox2782 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't know how hard it would be to do,but couldn't you re-skin the boarding drone as Geth Primes?
Tohster

Postby Tohster » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:12 pm

I personally think that the Engi should be Geth, Zoltans should be salarians, and mantis should be turians.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:17 pm

scox2782 wrote:I don't know how hard it would be to do,but couldn't you re-skin the boarding drone as Geth Primes?

Absolutely.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Megas Domestikos

Postby Megas Domestikos » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:11 pm

Tohster wrote:I personally think that the Engi should be Geth, Zoltans should be salarians, and mantis should be turians.

My thoughts as well.
Space Roman
RiotDragonX

Postby RiotDragonX » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:35 am

The Mantis race should totally be Turian. :D

Although thinking about it, the Rachni would be more fitting...

I take it the blue clothed ones are the Quarians? If so, how come there is still an Engi in one of the pics?
RiotDragonX

Re: [MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion)

Postby RiotDragonX » Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:45 am

DarkKat wrote:
Kieve wrote:
BrenTenkage wrote:Well think about this, They are diverting power to the system they are at, reducing their shields and combat effectiveness

Yeah... Geth Prime don't do that. Hostile targets take priority, at which point you don't want to be in the same vicinity as one without some heavy weaponry and tech / biotic powers to back it up.
I was just musing on the idea that little geth prime sprites would be neat, but they wouldn't make any sense within the context of actual gameplay.

I want to say Geth Primes were more then just red in color, though ME3 might of normalized that. What gave away a Prime was the three glowing dots and some armor difference. Still though as all the platforms varied in color to help change the sprite some maybe a bluish silver tone or something to make it different then just a sprite swap. Its up the the creator though.

Actually, what could be eventually done is the Personnel drones could be made into Geth Prime. They walk around your own ship and are even launched to other ships in order to destroy the crew members or invading parties. Or, we could make the Salarians into the Zoltan, and just replace all the drones entirely with Geth. Have little jetpack Geth flying around shooting the enemy ship, shooting down missiles that attack yours, or crashing into the enemy ship and raining destruction upon their heads.
Lankist

Postby Lankist » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 am

I've tried modding ships with absolutely no positive results, but I ended up with a fairly decent Normandy graphic you're free to use if you want it.