[MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) *LINK FIXED AGAIN!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
DarkKat

Re: [MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion)

Postby DarkKat » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:39 am

boa13 wrote:Are you sure the file was properly downloaded? Try right-clicking on it and using "Save As", or using another browser if you have one.

You can also verify that the file is correct by adding ".zip" after ".ftl" in the file name, and opening it with a normal Zip utility such as 7-Zip or WinZip.

I'll give another browser a try and using 'save as' I checked the files using .zip. I didn't try extracting and they were failing to open to preview the sprite sheets. Said destination file could not be reached.

Edit* Tried another browser and also right clicking and save as. Should note I bought the game through Steam, had no problem getting another mod to work but this one refuses sadly. Even extracting the zip brings up an error. Says unsupported compression method on all the png files when run through a test with 7zip.
Captain_Brian

Postby Captain_Brian » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:12 pm

DarkKat wrote:
boa13 wrote:Are you sure the file was properly downloaded? Try right-clicking on it and using "Save As", or using another browser if you have one.

You can also verify that the file is correct by adding ".zip" after ".ftl" in the file name, and opening it with a normal Zip utility such as 7-Zip or WinZip.

I'll give another browser a try and using 'save as' I checked the files using .zip. I didn't try extracting and they were failing to open to preview the sprite sheets. Said destination file could not be reached.

Edit* Tried another browser and also right clicking and save as. Should note I bought the game through Steam, had no problem getting another mod to work but this one refuses sadly. Even extracting the zip brings up an error. Says unsupported compression method on all the png files when run through a test with 7zip.

My bad, not sure how but the zip archive is corrupt! It must have not uploaded correctly or something...

I'll fix it when I get home this afternoon. Sorry about that!
Captain_Brian

Postby Captain_Brian » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Kieve wrote:
DarkKat wrote:
alextfish wrote:Yikes, it'll be insanely confusing having the "Geth" (Zoltan) use the Engi sprites. I think you should try to find some way to differentiate them from Engi. Maybe just shifting the colour to be more silvery might do.

Having them a little slimmer and / or changing the single 'eye' to red or a teal color would also help. I can see how it is confusing. A darkish blue color on the skin or red for the skin could also help since the geth kinda had different color schemes.

I'd rather see red, with little antenna on the back. Geth Primes ftw! :D
...but since those were hardened battle platforms, it'd only make sense if they were replacing the Rock or Mantis race, not squishy Zoltan.

Yeah, the geth was my first re-skin and I didn't really change that much on it. I was thinking of changing it to a dark steel-blue with maybe some red stripes, and then slimming it down a bit and changing the headlamp slightly. Problem is that I'm a barely passable pixel artist, so any dramatic changes are out of the question. (I still have no idea how I'm going to do Krogan, and I'm not looking forward to the Rachni either.)
DarkKat

Postby DarkKat » Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Thanks I figured it was just something on my end. As for the pixel art, maybe finding a partner to help out wouldn't be out of the question. I know if I was better at it, I would help as well. I think this little mod has lots of potential.
Captain_Brian

Postby Captain_Brian » Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:22 am

DarkKat wrote:Thanks I figured it was just something on my end. As for the pixel art, maybe finding a partner to help out wouldn't be out of the question. I know if I was better at it, I would help as well. I think this little mod has lots of potential.

Ok, this is weird. So I tested the download on my home PC and it worked fine...

Anyway, I re-uploaded it and updated it with a few text fixes I'd been working on, could you see if it is working now? If not, I'll try using a different hosting service.
DarkKat

Re: [MOD] FTL: Mass Effect (Total Conversion) *LINK FIXED!

Postby DarkKat » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 am

The new patch worked like a charm Captain Brian. Thanks for looking into it for me!
wishinghand

Postby wishinghand » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:57 pm

How hard is it to Mod this game? I'd like to play this mod but change the Mantis to be Turian and the Zoltan to be Salarian. It'd be cool to have enemy drones be Geth and friendly drones just look like the normal 'bots that Cerberus uses.

It'd also be cool to make the Crystals into Protheans.
davidov92

Postby davidov92 » Fri Dec 14, 2012 2:50 pm

Captain_Brian wrote:That Normandy is looking good! I'd suggest working in really high resolution for your master working set, and then shrink it down to in-game sizes, that way it isn't as pixelated.

For the ship art, I was just going to plaster the cerberus logo on the rebel ships and the alliance logo on the federation ships.

Well, unfortunately, I'm unable to actually add the Normandy, as the ship creator kind of hates me for whatever reason and keeps crashing.

Also, I did it pixelated and low-res to fit the game's art style, but I'll see if I can get some high-res stuff.
thashepherd

Postby thashepherd » Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:26 pm

davidov92 wrote:Well, unfortunately, I'm unable to actually add the Normandy, as the ship creator kind of hates me for whatever reason and keeps crashing.

Also, I did it pixelated and low-res to fit the game's art style, but I'll see if I can get some high-res stuff.

Try filling in those empty areas in the engine pods with some kind of shaded transparency. For whatever reason, FTL seems to complain when it gets .PNGs that have internal areas of (complete) transparency and will crash or display a black box.
You are the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men - but I'm trying, I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

"Wow, that Kieve guy is one angsty nerd eh."
Sonata - "Best use of Common Lisp in an indie space roguelike!"
Moosicorn

Postby Moosicorn » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Needs reaper ships :)