Space Battleship Yamato! (fixed shield)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Skullivan Bones

Space Battleship Yamato! (fixed shield)

Postby Skullivan Bones » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:57 am

The Space Battleship Yamato launches into battle to save the federation! (replaces Kestral A)

There's no wave motion gun on this since i haven't made an FTL mod in actual years, and i didn't feel like mucking about with the artillery, but what it does have is is 2 weapon slots (2 ion blast 1's) and 3 or 4 drone slots (1 combat drone). it starts with 5 levels into drones to try and compensate for only having 2 weapon slots. outside of that its 3 human crew and room setup is pretty standard fair for an FTL ship.

i only spent a few hours working on it, so it lacks any real "flair," but i might revisit it at some point, and do the ship more justice seeing as how it IS my favorite capital ship in sci-fi, but not today :P

feel free to yell at me if something breaks for you and i will do my best to fix it! i'll probably do more anime spaceships at some point (eyes emoji at cowboy bebop) since this was actually pretty fun.

not sure how to upload files to here since this is my first post, but i'll drop a one drive link with the FTL file, and a couple screenshots.

thought i might as well share this ship mod for those who might be interested.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aq_AxbxsNMmmgqA1bEc ... g?e=LfBY9f

if anyone has any ideas for anime space ships they'd like to see in game feel free to message me! i might just do it >:3

also i have no idea if this is properly balanced or not, i just know it works :P have fuuuuuuuuun!!!!

-EDIT- fixed the shield! looks a bit jank because of how shields work, but it 100 percent functional now! :D :D :D :D

i think
Last edited by Skullivan Bones on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Skullivan Bones

Re: Space Battleship Yamato!

Postby Skullivan Bones » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:00 am

:mrgreen: having a weird issue where the shield isnt blocking asteroids and flak that hit the engine area. trying to fix it RN.

-EDIT-

it blocks most of them, but one of every three or so get through, so i just made the shield like... twice as big, hopefully it works :P

-EDIT-

APPARENTLY... superluminal, just decided to stop reading the room images from the datafile correctly for the yamato, and only the yamato. i loaded other ships from the base game and they were fine. so im just gonna start over. the version in my onedrive is playable, so long as little warning signs for the missing interior images is fine. and i dont even know if making the shield bigger fixed the asteroid issue.

like i said, im gonna start over tomorrow. i'll try to get a finished version up by this time tomorrow.

it was working... ya know... until it wasnt...

-EDIT-

after agout an hour and a half of tinkering i think i fixed both issues! the floor image, and a couple of the glows are a pixel or 2 off, but it says they're right where they should be in SL, so i genuinely have no clue how to fix that, and im scared to try after finally getting everything functional again :/ anyways shields work right now, and the room images are all there! if anyone else spots errors besides the floor image and 2 glows in the engine and shield room the please let me know!

-EDIT-

thought i fixed it, still a problem, cost me a 2 hour run, dont know how to fix, cant search how to fix it because "shield" is too common, not gonna try, it works though, just imagine your playing on an extra hard difficulty...

(p.s. i updated the link in the OP so thats the latest version of the ship)

-EDIT-

fixed the shield i do believe.