[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Strategerist

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.2 [The Augment Update + Hotfix]

Postby Strategerist » Fri Dec 11, 2020 8:46 pm

Love the work. Super fun mod. I have 2 bugs to report though.
1. Game crashes consistently any time option to "gamble again" is chosen on gambler ship
2. Regenerative teleport tele upgrade is non functional (At least on bishop C -- Teleporter was not level 4).
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.2 [The Augment Update + Hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Dec 12, 2020 6:39 pm

Glad you're enjoying the mod!
Luckily, both of those bugs have already been fixed in the upcomming update, which should hopefully be out soon. Thanks for the report.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.3 [Tales of the Traveling Merchant]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Dec 13, 2020 7:27 pm

4.3 is out!

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added Sylvan the Traveling Merchant. He'll pop up occasionally throughout the game and offer various trades.

Added the lizard people, who you can find in a special quest.

Added 1 new filler event.

Added 2 new Drop-Point events.

Added 1 new last stand event.

Added 1 new orchid event.

Added 2 new zoltan events.

Added 1 new Central Shipyards event.

Added 1 new Crystalline New-Homeworlds event.

Added 2 new no fuel events.

Added 3 new blue options.

You can now stuff the orchid children inside the cloning cannon.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Modified the Smuggler unlock a bit.

Modified Hacker sectors. (but I won't say how)

Spider C now has a lizard instead of a weaver

Removed all uninteresting "free boarder" events. (several still remain where something else is happening)

The monk peace quest is now found on a nebula beacon to prevent it being overriden by quests.

Preigniter can no longer be found in stores, but can be found through a new questline started in the slug homeworlds.

The Jerry start event can now be found in any rebel sector.

There are no longer any empty beacons in the first sector.

Renamed the Crystalline Minelauncher to Shard Launcher

Removed one of the purchace options from the Orchid Forest event so the options won't go offscreen as much.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 BALANCE:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Bishop B now has a suzerain as crew.

Increased weapon performance upgrade cost to 40 scrap and 5 missiles.

Defense scrambler upgrade now costs 110 scrap and 10 drone parts.

Enemies no longer spawn with the nyx.

Burst Laser 3 is 1 second quicker and has a 10% fire chance (previously had no fire chance in vanilla)

Burst Laser 4 now has a 10% fire chance.

Anti-bio focus now pierces 2 shields.

Increased the price of ion stun 2.

Decreased the length and increased the cooldown of Eradicator 3

Lowered the Amp Ion p2 speed.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Fixed being able to bypass the flagship combat check options through going through a different menu.

Fixed the Last Stand using vanilla fleet events.

Fixed the Butler boarding mode not boarding.

Fixed Separatists not having drones.

Fixed the arm slot menu option not appearing because Im a dingus.

Fixed gambling machines crashing when gambling again.

Fixed soft-locking issues with the Separatist harmony link event.

Fixed the anti-bio combat drone not working.

Fixed the Coalition transport having too much crew.

Hopefully fixed the unarmed Civvy Transport spawning past sector 1.

Fixed the Rock bride event not giving a weapon.

Fixed engi ships sometimes dropping the 5 power dd3 instead of the normal 4 power one.

Fixed the Harmony Guard sometimes not dropping a drone.

Fixed the Zoltan trapper offset

Fixed the breach sealant upgrade triggering the Slug Gel storage option.

Fixed the locked Crystal Shards augment not actually having the crystal shard effect (it had rock armor resist instead)

Fixed the Matchbox dropping in stores.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
NOTES/MISC CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
For reference, the IDs of the new events are (in no particular order): SHIPYARD_ZOLTAN_FACILITY, ZOLTAN_FIGHTER_MONK, BOSS_EGGMAN, CRYSTALHOME_ZOLTENVOY, FUEL_SHELL_SCANS, FUEL_FREEMANTIS_CONFUSED, CAPITAL_FREEMANTIS_FRIENDLY, DROPPOINT_CRYSTALS, DROPPOINT_SALESMAN, INFORMANT_RUNNER, ORCHID_DISTRESS_WEEDS
DDarkray

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.3 [Tales of the Traveling Merchant]

Postby DDarkray » Tue Dec 22, 2020 4:27 pm

Hello guys, thanks for the amazing mod as always! I hope my following suggestion would make the mod even better than now. :D

I like the variety of options that some of the augments provide. For example the Emergency Manual gives you an option to do crazy things like cutting down your enemies’ reactor (at a huge cost). But if you don’t want to do that, you can always get a free scrap.

Now the problem is that a lot of those “freebies” (like free scrap) require you to do a bunch of clicks, and it can get a bit tiring after a while. I mean, everyone likes to have free stuff, but I personally prefer a bit more streamlined experience. Perhaps it would be best to automate or even get rid of those small freebies options? Just a thought.

Another augments that fall into a similar category are the ones that produce free resource on empty beacon, as well as the salvage mission option. Again, I feel they’re uninteresting ways of getting free stuff that doesn’t add much to user experience.

BTW, thank you for changing up the empty beacon menu from several updates ago. I think that’s a great change. :mrgreen:
swimmingcop

Postby swimmingcop » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:49 pm

Thanks for making and updating the mod. It's great!

Question, though: is the mod no longer compatible with the FTL Profile Editor? Every time I try to launch it I just get an error popup that says 'Error parsing FTL resources' and I swear it used to work some versions ago.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.4 [Visitors from Across the Multiverse]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:47 am

4.4 is out!
Sorry it took a while, I had a ton of problems with my computer and then the holidays on top of that, but it's finally out!

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Added 12 new miniboss encounters that you'll find randomly scattered about in later sectors. Each one of these bosses also has a special drop tied to it!

Added 39 new randomly spawning multiverse traveler enemies as well, with various gimmicks that you'll have to fight as well.

Added a challenge difficulty select to the start beacon.

You can now sell resources to the Traveling Merchant.

You can now attack the Traveling Merchant if you're feeling really stupid.

Added 15 new ghost enemy ships.

Removed a leto from Aug C and gave it a rusty pegasus instead of regular pegasus.

Added the golden gatling.

Some enemies can now use mannager drones.

New music for the secret questline!

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Reskined Welders, Radiants, Chieftains, Sentinels, and Ruwen to look more interesting.

The Traveling Merchant can now have 8 shields, just for the hell of it.

Added Sylvan to Ancient C.

Improved the Engi loot defense sprite.

Civilian transports and related pirates can now have weapon systems.

Coalition ships now have a few special crew kill texts like most factions.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 BALANCE:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Shields level 7 and 8 cost 10 more scrap, and levels 5 and 6 cost 5 more scrap.

Engines level 4, 5, 6, and 7 cost 5 more scrap, and level 8 costs 10 more scrap.

Weapons level 5 amnd 6 now cost 5 more scrap

Removed one of Ember C's weapons.

Zoltan C starts with level 2 oxygen now.

Increased the cost of the weapon performance ugprades to 7 missiles and 45 scrap.

The currently existing rusty weapons now have longer cooldowns than their base counterparts.

Gave charge I a 10% fire chance

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Hopefully fixed the ghost sector crash.

The Ancient Dreadnaughts now have an AI mode to prevent the bug where you lose the game due to the forced jump because all your crew are aboard.

Fixed salvaging sometimes locking itself when you haven't used it in that sector yet.

Fixed the cloak offset on the auto-transport.

Removed the nevermind options from the atlas secret sector jumps because people couldn't get back and there was no way to properly fix it.

Fixed the slug palace using the wrong background

Fixed the occasional Free Mantis sector crash.

Fixed the lifeform scanner hidden upgrade.

Fixed the Hunting Grounds guard from using the militia reinforcements. Also fixed standard Free Mantis guard ASBs not going away after defeating them.

Fixed conservative beam not counting for certain blue options.

Fixed being able to visit the infested sector twice.

Fixed a certain horse-riding character from not having repair and manning anims.

Fixed Rock B not supporting Clonebay.

Fixed the Central Shell Space guard not giving a crew kill reward.

Fixed the Ancient Trapper spawning with only one onslaught.

Disabled the separatist abilities on enemies currently to prevent the wierd bug where they don't "die"

Fixed a crash with the slug and mantis brawl event.

Fixed the Shard Launcher and Lost Sun Loot (Sekhmet) not allowing the minelauncher blue option for fleet delay.

Fixed Engi and Zoltan sectors using vanilla fleet beacons.

Fixed the arm uninstall option appearing in the wrong menu.

Fixed phantoms not healing in fire.

Fixed the double saboteur blue option in the lost sun sacrifice event.

Fixed the radical clonebay upgrades.

Fixed the crystal visitor in the droppoint.

Fixed hyperspeed augments spawning in the ancient sectors.

Systems are unjammed after killing the orbiter.

Fixed the gardenworlds guard using the same event as standard orchid sectors.
Mositron

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.4 [Visitors from Across the Multiverse]

Postby Mositron » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:16 pm

Does the challenge difficulty affect the vanilla ingame difficulty!? Or is it a combination of both!?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:41 pm

It's a combination, both difficulties have different effects. Normal FTL difficulty select effects things like enemy scaling, enemy AI, scrap/resource gain, and the final flagship. The start menu difficulties impact other event related things instead.
Mositron

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.4+Hotfix [Visitors from Across the Multiverse]

Postby Mositron » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:37 pm

Ok thx, lots of changes this time, looking forward to it :)

Edit: Just started a run before, selected HARD and the second highest setting for your difficulty, where the fleet gets a head start with 1 jump (CHALLENGE if i remember correctly?)
So i just finished sector 3 and in none of them there was a fleet catching up!? Is this on all of your difficulty settings!? Because then i´m going back to version 4.3 ...
Swapbox

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.4+Hotfix [Visitors from Across the Multiverse]

Postby Swapbox » Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:31 pm

Mods is awesome, is there anywhere I can donate?
"There once was a man from peru..."
~ Dream garry