[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Aaaaa

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.9 [The (Hopefully) Balanced Update]

Postby Aaaaa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:15 pm

java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1
at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.implWrite(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamEncoder.write(Unknown Source)
at java.io.OutputStreamWriter.write(Unknown Source)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:75)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.EOLWriter.write(EOLWriter.java:81)
at java.io.Writer.write(Unknown Source)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.write(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:342)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.textRaw(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:419)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printText(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:766)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:956)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.printElement(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:117)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:946)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.printElement(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:117)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printContent(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:946)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.printDocument(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:533)
at org.jdom2.output.support.AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.process(AbstractXMLOutputProcessor.java:191)
at org.jdom2.output.XMLOutputter.output(XMLOutputter.java:822)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.sloppyPrint(SloppyXMLOutputProcessor.java:189)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModUtilities.patchXMLFile(ModUtilities.java:330)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.patch(ModPatchThread.java:289)
at net.vhati.modmanager.core.ModPatchThread.run(ModPatchThread.java:92)
Aaaaa

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.9 [The (Hopefully) Balanced Update]

Postby Aaaaa » Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:18 pm

I have posted this issue before, I'll post it again since I still don't know how to fix it. I have tried to run it with hyperspace, and without hyperspace, after setting the game to Vanilla, but I never got a fix. Only this mod gets this error, nothing else.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Could you post the section of the crashlog that says "stack trace" and anything below it? I believe thats the part we need to identify the source of crashes.
Do you have these issues on older versions of Multiverse? Are you certain you're on the right hyperspace version (0.5.2)?
Aaaaa

Postby Aaaaa » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:58 pm

"Stack Trace"? The installer says nothing about it. I'm not getting crashlogs from trying to run the game, I'm getting errors from trying to install the mod via slipstream.

I have the latest version of Hyperspace, and this has happened to me on older versions.

However, before the error, it clobbers 'earlier' mods, even though I was running the vanilla game before installing.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:03 pm

So you get this error even when running ONLY Multiverse? Are you certain your ftl.dat's restore version is vanilla? (Sometimes slipstream backs it up when mods are installed so restoring to vanilla always gives you a modded version). What operating system are you on? I don't believe I've seen this issue before from anyone else.
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.9.2 [The (Hopefully) Balanced Update Part 2]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:53 pm

3.9.2 is out

Code: Select all

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
 NEW FEATURES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Reduced weapon max system power for civilians.

Hacked Civilian sectors can only spawn sector 5+ now.

Federation sector can only spawn sector 4+ now.

Gold armor is now a locked augment.

Coalition ships only get 4 crew. Ever.

Fewer enemies start with 1 weapon power, so less enemies can't damage you in the first sector.

Some auto-ship classes don't start with shields.

Lost Suns can no longer use hacking.

Early game Zoltans and Duskbringers start with no shields (but still have ZS) and have reduced max shields.

Modified Zoltan C's description.

Changed the Rock Live Mine event (which is a vanilla event, by the way) to no longer force you into the situation.

Decreased the prices of shield upgrades.

Increased the price of Slug Clansmen.

Decreased Heavy Ion cooldown by 1 second.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
BUG/ISSUE FIXES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Fixed some tpyos.

Temporarily removed the mantis anim base from crew who need it... this WILL break animations but should prevent crashes some people

have been happening from a bug with hyperspace.

Fixed the distraction buoy text saying you shouldnt see it.

Fixed Spider sector warp.

Fixed Rockmen having two job options in the last stand.

Fixed breeding phantoms on the pleasure barge.

Fixed the Built-In EMP field appearing in stores.

Fixed Flak Charger description.

Fixed Shell loot image.

Fixed Charge Energy projectile speed.

Fixed the Coalition Fighter's file name being "coaliton_fighter" (no change on gameplay)

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
OTHER CHANGES:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Updated Credits.
Official_KP

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.9.2 [The (Hopefully) Balanced Update Part 2]

Postby Official_KP » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:44 pm

The Elite Ships addon should be updated so that the ships don't produce duplicates.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:56 pm

Yes, it's an issue with the way hyperspace appends the files. I've been putting off updating the addon until the last of the new elite factions are added, which should be after 3.10 (which is the Duskbringer Revisit and adds in Duskbringer elites).

It'll also include bug-fixes, changes, and new ships.
Mositron

Postby Mositron » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:45 am

Hmm with the new update the profile editor doesnt work anymore.

Is it possible that you unlock all the ships right from the start!? Or maybe you can show me how to unlock all the ships right from the beginning...
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:22 pm

The profile editor isn't working? Weird, it should still work I think.
Regardless, if you start a new run and press L it should open the console. Type SHIP ALL and that will unlock all of the player ships. However, do note that it is only temporary, so once you close the game they will all lock again.

All of the first page ships, except the ones in the Engi cruiser slot, are finished and have special unlock events (other than the Proto-MV cruiser, which is in the Lanius slot and still has the same "unlock 5 ships" condition). The ship in the Engi slot is coming eventually.