[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Ilikemultiverse

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.9 [Threat From Across the Galaxy + Hotfix]

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:08 am

I copied over ftl.game.orig.exe, ftl.game.exe, and multiverse 4.8.zip. Could you please tell me which folders have the other files I should copy over?
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 4.9 [Threat From Across the Galaxy + Hotfix]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Thu Mar 18, 2021 3:34 pm

Don't copy over the exe files (assuming you already have ftl on your other computer), just reinstall hyperspace instead. You'll probably just want to reinstall mv as well since the 4.9 hotfix is out, which also has a massive file size decrease. Only files you need to copy over are the files with the mv_ prefix in documents/my games/faster than light
tinyrodent

Postby tinyrodent » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:54 pm

Alpha Kestrel shield system can't be manned, is it intentional?
ftlmultiverseisgud

Postby ftlmultiverseisgud » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:57 pm

I am using an updated version of Hyperspace, fresh download. But everytime I try to run multiverse I get an error saying my hyperspace version is outdated and the mod may not work correctly. What can I do about this?
Also it still says 4.8, even though I switched the file to multiverse 4.9
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:43 am

I've tried, but now it freezes upon hitting the E on the loading screen. What can I do?
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:22 am

Alpha Kestrel shield system can't be manned, is it intentional?

Yeah, the alpha kestrel is recreated from footage of the original kestrel from the alpha versions of the game. In said version, shields could not be manned.

I am using an updated version of Hyperspace, fresh download. But everytime I try to run multiverse I get an error saying my hyperspace version is outdated and the mod may not work correctly. What can I do about this?
Also it still says 4.8, even though I switched the file to multiverse 4.9

Hyperspace broke its version check in 0.6.3, so Multiverse will always turn up an error. As long as you have hyperspace 0.6.3 you should be fine (just ignore the error). Incorrect version text is just due to me forgetting to update it. If your menu screen has the "Threat from another galaxy" banner, then you're on the right version.

I've tried, but now it freezes upon hitting the E on the loading screen. What can I do?

Try applying directx (Im not sure if your other computer has it applied or not). If that doesn't work, then honestly I'm not really sure if anything else can be done. You might just have to use an older version if all else fails.
Ilikemultiverse

Postby Ilikemultiverse » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:50 am

I've tried 4.8 and 4.9 hotfix, but I still can't seem to get it working on either computer. I think I'll just wait till the next hotfix comes out.
1khoursandcounting

Postby 1khoursandcounting » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:12 pm

Been having a lot of fun with this mod. It feels much closer to a sequel that I imagined possible so thanks for all the effort that went into this.

I encountered an interesting bug recently which is hard to imagine I'm the first to find but I figure I would post it anyway. The Zoltan Cruiser type C can stack salvos. Unman the Zoltan from the weapons, charge your weapons then fire, It appears that the shots disappear, but as soon as you man them with the Zoltan again all the shots that didn't previously fire will all fire at once, not sure if this is intended or just a side effect of the conservative weapons, either way an interesting bug.
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:45 pm

Glad you're enjoying the mod! The conservative weapon bug is actually a vanilla thing, so we don't have any control over it. Because of that, it's just a "feature" (it's mentioned in the tooltip when you hover over the conservative weapons).
It's because the game buffers shots when its supposed to fire them but can't (you can see similar behavior on the rift waker when fully charged, as it gets down to 0 second cooldown).
1khoursandcounting

Postby 1khoursandcounting » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:09 pm

TheMultiverseTeam wrote:Glad you're enjoying the mod! The conservative weapon bug is actually a vanilla thing, so we don't have any control over it. Because of that, it's just a "feature" (it's mentioned in the tooltip when you hover over the conservative weapons).
It's because the game buffers shots when its supposed to fire them but can't (you can see similar behavior on the rift waker when fully charged, as it gets down to 0 second cooldown).

Good to know, I always forget to check the tool tips for this kind of thing. It's a pretty interesting feature and made the ship a bit more fun to experiment with.