[OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 5.4.4 Orchids Revamped

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheMultiverseTeam

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.7 [The Militia Update]

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:14 pm

Thanks! Though, if you do have any suggestions/bug reports, please don't hesitate.
Mositron

Re: [OVERHAUL - USES HYPERSPACE] FTL: MULTIVERSE Version 3.7 [The Militia Update]

Postby Mositron » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:27 pm

Omg the Sherlock investigation...nice :mrgreen:
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:34 pm

Yeah, I thought it was an interesting event. I do believe it's broken in 3.7 though, there's 2 options that will close the event prematurely. It'll be fixed in 3.8.
Crowmane

Postby Crowmane » Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:42 pm

Hey,

I just got back into FTL for the first time in a while so I wanted to try out some mods and this one looked interesting.

However, every time I try to launch the game after installing this mod through slipstream (I've tried with Hyperspace installed along with this mod and just this mod alone without Hyperspace) I get an error when the game is on the loading screen and the game freezes in the background.

The error reads:

MinGW Runtime Assertion

Assertion failed!

Program: my FTL directory\FTLGame.exe
File:
/mnt/c/Users/(Possibly the name of someone on the Multiverse team so I wont say it. This is definitely not a directory on my PC)-Work/Documents/Development/FTL/Project/src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp, Line 1383

Expression: text

At the end there are the options for "Abort", "Retry" and "Ignore" but all of them just close the frozen FTL and seem to do nothing else.

My operating system is Windows 10, if that helps.
TheSwiftTiger

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:18 pm

Crowmane wrote:Hey,

I just got back into FTL for the first time in a while so I wanted to try out some mods and this one looked interesting.

However, every time I try to launch the game after installing this mod through slipstream (I've tried with Hyperspace installed along with this mod and just this mod alone without Hyperspace) I get an error when the game is on the loading screen and the game freezes in the background.

The error reads:

MinGW Runtime Assertion

Assertion failed!

Program: my FTL directory\FTLGame.exe
File:
/mnt/c/Users/(Possibly the name of someone on the Multiverse team so I wont say it. This is definitely not a directory on my PC)-Work/Documents/Development/FTL/Project/src/rapidxml/rapidxml.hpp, Line 1383

Expression: text

At the end there are the options for "Abort", "Retry" and "Ignore" but all of them just close the frozen FTL and seem to do nothing else.

My operating system is Windows 10, if that helps.

That's strange, are you patching anything with Slipstream apart from Multiverse?

(By the way, Matthew is one of the devs of FTL so it would've been fine if you kept that in lol)
Crowmane

Postby Crowmane » Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:36 pm

Oh, I'm not knowledgeable about the devs so I was like, better be safe than sorry.

But anyway, I have tried only patching Multiverse with no other mods with it and that also resulted in the error. I have also tried to patch it with Hyperspace since that's a requirement for Multiverse to work but that didn't fix it. I also uninstalled the game altogether and then reinstalled it, that also didn't fix it.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi! I've just read about this mod and I am astonished that there IS a mod developed so long after the game premiere!
On start I want to tell you, that I am devoted fan of CE using it since earliest versions with randomizers etc.
I have few questions.

First is simple... What is the goal of this mod gameplay? In CE it was Flagship (random). Does this mod have it too?

Second. Are there such interesting parts of CE like:
- weapon prefixes (I just love that RPG part),
- additional music,
- space stations,
- artillery guns for each ship,
- graphical improvements (like bomb warning, artillery hits etc.),
- new backgrounds,
- new hazards (minefields, icefields, etc.),
- trade,
- weapons and drones
included or planned to be included?

What graphical improvements can be used along your mod. My current mod list is:

Code: Select all

10 Better Planets and Backgrounds 1.3.1.ftl
11 Better Asteroids.ftl
12 PIE15's Planets (modified by me) 1.1.ftl
20 Extra Names Mod 1.1.ftl
30 CE Resource Pack 1.308.ftl
31 FTL Captains Edition 1.308+.ftl
32 CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
33 CE Generic Sector Names Patch 1.3.ftl
40 CE Additional Music Addon 1.301.ftl
50 EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
51 CE Endless Loot Addon for standard CE 1.308.ftl
60 Extended Pursuit Indicator x5 v.1.3.ftl
(outdated) 61 Expanded Enemy Window 1.2.ftl
(outdaded) 62 Pretty shields 1.0.ftl
(incorporated?) 63 Tweevle's Accessorised Portraits.ftl
90 Random Flagship.ftl

I was doing some expansion for Socializing part of CE. I did one for all races except Lanius, Ghost and Crystals. It included many new outcomes, risks, potentials to buff your ship etc. I planned to finish it, but seeing your mod I can share the code. You can use my ideas if you like.

I will try to run your mod to see what it contains. How often and how big are the usual updates?

I didn't know there is a tool allowing to modify more than usual. CE used only base modding stuff and met a wall of bricks. Any step further was not possible. With your tool I cannot even imagine what can be done! You can take some ideas from games like Sins of a Solar Empire, Endless Space, Distant Worlds and bring them onto FTL field!

Last thing... Once I had an idea to make some crew (random, but with some race specific presets) able to carry stuff with them, upgrading their abilities. For example tools for better fixing, different guns for better boarding etc. This stuff would be rare and only possible to get while boarding or in the shop. Maybe some new abilities could be get like head shielding to avoid mind control for example? Would this be possible with new tools?

Good luck and have fun at modding! I am also devoted Civ 5 modder, so I know how it feels to make new stuff for your favourite mod!

EDIT:
Why Hyperspace site has Troyan virus detected by antivir software?
Links on the site seems to be clean, but the Hyperspace site is infected.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:44 pm

My first game finished. Few things:
Bug 1 folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tlemkig1fk0 ... V7eIa?dl=0
1.Rock ship surrendered, but his crew didn't teleport back, so they fight to the death...
2.Should be capitl letter?
3.Order should be changed imo. The base choice is "do nothing" and I often click 1, 1, 1 and from the sudden I must click 2... Rest should follow like it is now so (Virus should be second; do something else as last. Also Virus should be blue special option, right?
4.Window cannot fit whole name. Should be increased.
5.All ships have missing junks after destroying, including player ship.

Other negative things:
- taking a weapon, even if it is basic laser, on start is little op. I have no problem to fight 3 first sectors. I lost because I neglected hull repairs when I could, but that's the other thing;
- there are to often possibilities to gain the crew; I had all slots filled until sector 3, and one more crew in 4th, so I had to release one man;
- 2nd sector is too easy; no ship had 2 shields, so with 3 lasers I just devastated them;
- variety of 1st and 2nd sector events should be bigger, because they are played the most; it should be priority before new content; for now it is too boring;
- I played 4 sectors and had no quest!
- additional jobs assignments should be better explained; are they worth? I sent 2 man, in empty beacon to discover the map and the fleet rush by 2 jumps! Map was not worth such a lose of distance; CE had the same problem;
- it would be good to have few more backgrounds to not to get the same one each few jumps; variety, variety and once more variety;
- slavery should be resolved like in CE, so you cannot get slave as crew without penalty, unless it is very rare situation when it is volunteer after fight;
- is it possible to add tooltip for enemy weapons? I don't know they abilities, there's no wikia, so it would be good to have at least some overall info on hovering, for example "fast reloading basic missile weapon". It would help a lot!
- are there any blue options related to crew; I had nothing for human or engi so far;
- ships in hangar are not equally aligned, so when you change them, they move horizontally;
- event about exploring asteroid field should take you to it; it is strange when you count risk exploring it, and it is not showing up after clicking;

Other positive things:
- nice new UI stuff; do you plan to add something like Shiny! viewtopic.php?t=25839 ?
- I like new health bar for player; enemies should have similar one;
- I like hacker sector; signal stations should have more variety of destroy events, because they are very often met (I met them 3 times in one sector);
- tons of ships with main advantages listed as icons! Fantastic;
- new Augs are nice for now; Virus really helped me in Hacker sector;

More to come soon after next gameplay! :)

Can you post me base picture for Shell and Orchid crew type? I made Score file for CE using those, and I want to make similar for Multiverse ;)
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:46 pm

2nd run:
Bug 2 folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tlemkig1fk0 ... V7eIa?dl=0
1.Old bug from vanilla, maybe you will fix that; Def laser has name Basic Laser;
2.Lots of hulls have rooms not fitting the actual hull;
3.Can you fix overlapping charge icon and text with the API?
4.All crew on this ship has 99/100 HP;
5.There's unnecessary "1" in text; and... seriously? Enginner, same as engi, 3 hp for 3(!) scrap and 2 turn delay? Devastating...
6.Why it allows me to take the option if I don't have 2 orchids?
7.It says you unlocked Engi ship. Which one? :)
8.Unnecessary text space;
9.It allows to click new unlocked ship, shows empty hangar and runs destroyed ship sound;
10.HP value should be centered;
11.HP bar is not correctly rendered;

Positives:
- awesome orchid and shells designs; and those animations!
- I love engineer crew! So much flavour. Is this the only event when you get such? Are there other unique crew types?
- awesome thing with no exit in nebula! It should be included in all nebula clouds, even non basic;

Negatives:
- I got info about quest marker; open map - nothing; it was in next sector even though I had more than half sector clear; should be changed to current sector or text should be fixed (no screen unfortunately);
- again, lots of crewmen; 7 crew, 6 different species at sector 3, then 2 orchids at 5;

Suggestions:
- unique crews should have some halo around to differentiate them quickly;
- left crew ui tooltip should have more info (at least about uniqueness); no if you hover there, it shows that it is regular human instead of engineer;
- add more options to those bloody giant spiders :)

I would suggest changing personal tasks for your crew to work slighlty different:
- the more crew the better the effect; from 1 to 5 for example;
- jesus, why delay; it's an empty beacon, you have plenty of time normally devoted on fighting and doing event's stuff so there should be no delay at all; scrap or other cost is enough;
- adjust scrap cost accordingly;
- more personalization for each race: why Mantis can fix something? IT would be better to give them personal training option. Make them different;
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Sep 03, 2020 11:27 pm

Quick game 3:
Bug 3 folder: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9tlemkig1fk0 ... V7eIa?dl=0
1.Can even the spaces between ship designs?
2.This whole menu at the beginning breaks the spirit of every design; This should be drone carrier, and you get laser on start...

And another quick game 4:
I played 2 times Multiverse A, Engi A and Separatists A;
You must work on ship balance; Multiverse A is much stronger than said engi ships. 2 dual shot lasers, one of them piercing, nice crew, good modules. Comparing to weak Sep A, which is old Engi B, the weakest ship ever in all mods... You should lower the op-ness of strongest ships to make them relatively equal at start. With Mul A it is not a problem to reach sector 3, 4. With Sep A, it is succes to leave sector 1 :) Balance of the ships is thing that lacks in vanilla, in CE and in all other mods. Try to not continue this tradition.

- nice addon to Sep B with damaging enemy crew;
- you should delete initial event imo. It breaks the game;
- how many lvls crew can get? Once in CE I suggested to increase the cap, but it was not possible. Lvls could be green --> cyan --> yellow --> orange --> red -->purple; it would create new possibilities with certain elites starting at higher lvls;
- can you add new bars? For cloacking system + control, for speed trained in special way;
- can you add possibility to gather repair experience by fixing hull breaches? May at lower rate for example 3 hull breaches = 1 standard repair;