[HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
TheSwiftTiger

Re: [HARD-CODED] FTL: Hyperspace

Postby TheSwiftTiger » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:03 pm

Amigeo wrote:Hello, I'm currently trying to download Hyperspace on mac with wine. I followed the guide for installing it trough wine, but when I get to the loading screen, a textbox pops up saying "hyperspace.xml not found". After the loading screen, the mod seems to work fine, but all of the custom sprites are replaced with warning signs (see screenshot). I thought about just playing without any sprites, but loading up another mod (like Multiverse) just makes the game freeze on the loading screen.
Do you know any way to fix this?

It looks like patching the Hyperspace.ftl failed. It's something to do with patching the mod, but I'm not sure why Multiverse is freezing your game. The game freezes if a message box like the one on your screenshot appears, so it could be that you just missed that?
Amigeo

Postby Amigeo » Mon Sep 28, 2020 10:22 am

Thanks for the quick reply, I've only just realized that the hyperspace.ftl file is optional, so even though it failed to patch, Multiverse should still work, so I probably messed something up when installing. Do you still need to run patch.bps dan downgrade.bat if you already have the 1.6.9 version (from GOG)? You just have to extract the hyperspace and xinput dlls right?
King of Doge

Postby King of Doge » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:57 pm

Whenever I try and load this up i get an error saying there is no XMI file
velotheguy

Postby velotheguy » Sat Oct 03, 2020 6:02 pm

When I try to launch the game with the mod selected in Slipstream, it says the xml file is missing. Any suggestions? Any idea what is going wrong?
King of Doge

Postby King of Doge » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:17 am

velotheguy wrote:When I try to launch the game with the mod selected in Slipstream, it says the xml file is missing. Any suggestions? Any idea what is going wrong?

Happening to me too
ScottishPingu

Postby ScottishPingu » Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:18 am

From what I understand version 0.5.3 has been compressed as a different file type (from .zip) before being converted to a .ftl file. If you go back one iteration and use 0.5.2 everything should work fine.

I'm not sure when the issue will be corrected but I think it's probably quite easy to sort out.

Cheers
Newish to modding, can't draw but can re-colour.

Mods so far:
Ursa Prototype
Ursa Overflow
Dual Boarders
Tactical Espionage
SlipstreeeemREBEL

Postby SlipstreeeemREBEL » Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:18 am

Can someone help me pls??? Whenever I downgrade and patch my FTL for Hyperspace CMD says: "This Patch is not supported for this ROM." What do I do??
sinz

Postby sinz » Fri Oct 09, 2020 8:42 pm

uh it says "hyperspace.xml not found"?Image
Engi-Jager

Postby Engi-Jager » Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:45 pm

So I am running FTL through the xbox app on my Windows 10 PC, and I have to modify FTL through my window's apps. I've tried doing the install recommended for Steam by inserting the downgrader manually but it says that the patch was not intended for this type of ROM. Just figured I'd ask for some support on this.
I've also tried using the Linux suggestion and it still says "This patch is not intended for this ROM"
TheMultiverseTeam

Postby TheMultiverseTeam » Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:13 am

If you're running FTL through xbox, you can't use the steam downgrader. You'll need the xbox downgrader instead. From what I understand, swift hast uploaded this to the forums, but he has uploaded it to the FTL Multiverse discord (you'll probably have to ask him again unless you want to dig for it.)
As far as I am aware, thats the only location the xbox downgrader method can be obtained. I'll bring this to swift's attention as well in hopes he'll post the xbox downgrader to the forums as well, but I have no idea how long that'll take.