<nameHonoka></name>

This should be:
<name>Honoka</name>
SomeFederationPerson

Re: Additional Events & Texts (AET)

Postby SomeFederationPerson » Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:09 am

Ideas for an event

Hidden federation colony

You arrive at a hidden federation colony that has managed to hide from the rebels until now and it's being attacked by a rebel scout.

(Battle with rebel fighter)

*If ship surrenders,

The rebel ship hails you, "We surrender! One less colony isn't going to make a difference"

Accept surrender (small reward)
"Letting you live does not make everything better, your cause is the reason so many people are dead" (continue fight)

(Rebel ship destroyed) The rebel ship explodes into pieces and you scrap it of useful supplies (medium scrap reward)

The federation colony hails you, "Thank you for saving our colony, I can see your part of the federation. We have been isolated since the federation had collapsed and now we want open trade routes to help the federation. We have to do it in secret because of the rebels but for now take this weapon, augment and scrap to help you destroy the rebels."
(Random weapon, augment and a medium scrap reward)
Rworqx

Postby Rworqx » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:00 pm

i like the idea of the space cafe and the bounty hunter.
JangoBunBun

Postby JangoBunBun » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:27 am

I have found a bug, but cannot find where to report it. Do i report it here, or...?
I'm new to the forums, so i don't know these things.
DAOWAce

Postby DAOWAce » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:57 am

The mod is pretty much abandoned; no point in submitting bug reports with the intent of having the author fix it, though anyone else can take it up regardless so it's still worth it to do so.

Basically, unless the author comes back, you'll have to edit the code on github to correct issues and hope he merges it and compile it yourself.
I don't mean to sound rude, but I can't help the way people interpret my words.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:26 am

This is the correct place to post bug reports. And it's true the mod isn't being developed any further, but feel free to post if you think it's usefull. :)
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
Donbuster

Postby Donbuster » Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:40 pm

I have a new hazardous beacon type (like an asteroid field, Ion storm, or supernova)

It appears that the beacon has been placed to close to a large, gaseous, planet, and you are not in a stable orbit. If you are too deep in the atmosphere when your FTL charges, you will be unable to jump.

Basically, you are given a blue option, if you have upgraded engines, you can fire up your impulse engines to have a chance of stabilizing your orbit, if not, the following things happen
1) you receive occasional random damage from the heat of reentering a Jupiter-like planet. This damage will be less often and lower depending upon your shield level.
2) debris will hit your ship with a high breach chance. This damage will be less often and lower depending upon your shield level, you are also able to dodge this damage.
3) Next to or ontop of the jump button, a red gauge will start to fill; after a minute, when its full, you will only be given the option to wait.

4) assuming you are forced to wait, you take substantial damage from landing. an entire new event tree can be created from landing upon what is essentially the core of a gas giant planet. for instance, maybe you are able to find other ships crashed nearby, with or without survivors. maybe the beacon is a trap for an engie salvage operation, perhaps you can find other ships crashed nearby, salvage engines, get a free engine upgrade from salvaging (perhaps blue option if you have engie crew would be to get system upgrades off of old ships) and escape the planet, but with extra fuel used, perhaps there's a store upon the surface selling the usual. A ship could pass the planet, and hail you from orbit, saying that this happens often, and its his job to get people off. you could cram a good 50-70 events into the crash, and i'm sure you will have many more ideas, as there is much more you can do here than in space.
Foffy123

Postby Foffy123 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 4:46 am

SMM gave me an error when I validated, so I decided to fix it. I'm pretty new to FTL mods (just started playing FTL yesterday) so I figured it's better safe than sorry. Pull request is here.

EDIT: Just saw this post, so it seems the issue has been around for a while. Since the creator is AWOL, you can download the fixed version from my fork here.