[SHIP] Elite:FTL Federal Gunship

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Moozipan

[SHIP] Elite:FTL Federal Gunship

Postby Moozipan » Wed May 17, 2017 12:21 am

Hey there,
this ship mod replaces the Kestrel Cruiser with the Federal Gunship from Elite:Dangerous in all three layouts.
It features custom sprite sets for a default, military and pirate variation of the ship. This project originally started as a mockup of both games combined but I figured it makes only sense to go the extra mile and turn this into a working mod.

I have not yet decided to add more ships from the Elite universe because while beeing fun it's also a very time-consuming process. Will wait and see how the feedback turns out or if there even is a demand for this sort of thing from the playerbase.
Also I'd like to thank Cmdr Griefed for testing my mod, Steve Kirby for a reference shot of the pirate skin and Cmdr Rinzler for his "Git Gud Guide to the Gunship". <3

Below you will find a brief overview of the three layouts, the download link and instructions.

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Dropbox: Click here to download the Elite_FTL_Federal_Gunship.zip (2,47Mb)
If the link doesn't work, please let me know and I'll put up a mirror.

First download and install the Slipstream mod manager, then extract the three .ftl files from the Elite_FTL_Federal_Gunship.zip and copy them to the Slipstream mod folder. Select one or more of the ships in the mod manager and click "Patch", then launch the game.

Please tell me if there are any bugs or inconsistencies and I will try to fix them as soon as possible. Thanks!
Stormbringer

Re: [SHIP] Elite:FTL Federal Gunship

Postby Stormbringer » Wed May 17, 2017 3:19 pm

AWESOME!

this is kinda against tradition

normally AE weapons are reserved for class C not A

but it is still awesome.

good to see that the community is still alive.
killin' slugs and beating Rebels since 2014, modding the game since 2016
bamalf

Postby bamalf » Wed May 17, 2017 5:31 pm

O3 :roll:
Image Image Image
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Wed May 17, 2017 7:15 pm

Beautiful artwork! I love how menacing they look, and the shading is subtle but works well. The layout pics (with the darkened UI) are slick too.

The Felicia layout has an artillery weapon; what is it? Standard Artillery Beam, or something custom?
Moozipan

Postby Moozipan » Thu May 18, 2017 12:55 pm

Thanks for your feedback, I'm glad you like my work!
Stormbringer wrote:...
normally AE weapons are reserved for class C not A
You're right and I have to admit I didn't really think about this. Though if I disable AE only layout C becomes unavailable so I hope it's not that much of a problem.
bamalf wrote:O3 :roll:
Hah haven't noticed this while adjusting the interior sprites to my room layout, so thanks for pointing it out. It's a minor issue but I'll definitely write it down.
NarnKar wrote:The Felicia layout has an artillery weapon; what is it? Standard Artillery Beam, or something custom?
It's the standard beam. I haven't made any custom weapons yet but if I include more ships from E:D in the future I'll also work on custom weapons.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri May 24, 2019 2:34 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_ubnL-HaV0 very good ship art, also nice name
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269