[Toolkit] Weapon Synchronizer

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
sul

[Toolkit] Weapon Synchronizer

Postby sul » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:02 pm

An artemis missile synchronized at 12 seconds reload time with the burst laser II, using the Weapon Synchronizer.

The Weapon Synchronizer mod adds the option to synchronize the reload time of your weapons for easier autofire. For example change the reload time of a Flak I from 10s to 12s to synchronize it with a Burst Laser II also at 12s reload time, so they always autofire together. Made for the lazy players that dont like to readjust all weapons each time they fire them together. Weapons can be swapped at game start and at stores for free, and you always swap back to original weapons. Also you can only increase reload time so there is no cheating possible.

Download link (12/28/2016): https://www.dropbox.com/s/yupfsx52cmgdc ... c.ftl?dl=0
Install with Slipstream mod manager, before or after any other mod: viewtopic.php?t=17102
Note: for technical reasons this mod makes the augment "Emergency Respirators" unusable and removes it from all ships.
stylesrj

Re: [Toolkit] Weapon Synchronizer

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:01 am

Why does it need to remove Emergency Respirators?
You do know you can make custom augments that do nothing except work in certain events.
sul

Postby sul » Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 am

stylesrj wrote:Why does it need to remove Emergency Respirators?
You do know you can make custom augments that do nothing except work in certain events.

To open this kind of menu that you can browse, you need to wait for a crewmember to die in an enemy ship. The quickest way I had previously was to suffocate a zoltan (75 health), but that is still a painful 10 seconds wait. Now I equip that enemy ship with a modified Emergency Respirator augment that instantly suffocates the zoltan, so the menu opens instantly. If you have any other nasty trick to kill that guy quickly that dont modify anything I will definitively change it ! :D
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:03 am

Couldn't you just make an event where the ship has a crew member and you simply kill it using an event? Just a suggestion :)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
sul

Postby sul » Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:14 am

elijahdb wrote:Couldn't you just make an event where the ship has a crew member and you simply kill it using an event? Just a suggestion :)

My bad I didnt mention its an enemy crewmember in an enemy ship (the white auto-scout that appears with the menu). So here is my top list of quick deaths so far:
1)- make the enemy ship airless and put a zoltan enemy (it has only 75 health). The zoltan suffocates in around 10 seconds. I also put a level 3 cloak on the enemy ship so you cant destroy it or see it during that time. Wait time: 10 seconds
2)- Modified emergency respirator augment. You modify that augment so instead of slowing down suffocation it instantly kills anyone in low oxygen. Then you equip that augment on the enemy ship (and remove it everywhere else) with the enemy ship. No wait time but you sacrifice the augment.
3)- Give a weapon with personal damage (say a custom antipersonal bomb) to the player, then you have to kill the enemy crewmember yourself. No wait time but you have to carry that weapon around.
For people that really want to keep the emergency respirators I can make an addon that replaces method 2) with 1).
Nicro

Postby Nicro » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:55 pm

Hey there,
I noticed an error in slipstream when installing this mod. Short of skipping some files, it discarded the file "data/events_matnis.xml". I guess this was suposed to be "mantis" instead. Just letting you know.

Log part:

Code: Select all

INFO  ModPatchThread - Installing mod: WeaponSync.ftl
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/dlcPirateBlueprints.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/dlcBlueprintsOverwrite.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/blueprints.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/events_boss.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/autoBlueprints.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/dlcBlueprints.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Skipping junk file: data/events.xml.append~
WARN  ModPatchThread - Non-existent innerPath wasn't appended: data/events_matnis.xml
INFO  ModPatchThread - Repacked "data.dat" (2071778 bytes affected)
INFO  ModPatchThread - Repacked "resource.dat" (262549159 bytes affected)