Looking for a certain mod...

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SgtFrog

Looking for a certain mod...

Postby SgtFrog » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:59 pm

There was this one mod I remember using, like "Advanced Systems" or "Extended Systems" or something like that that allowed you to upgrade your systems to new heights, like 5 layers of shields, or 12 weapon power.
Anyone know where that mod went? I can't seem to find it, and the search function isn't helping because it automatically skips over the word "systems".
Gencool

Re: Looking for a certain mod...

Postby Gencool » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:42 pm

This the one?

Wasn't too tricky to find, maybe you should go wax the Kestrel's hull and train up your Google-fu? (Sorry, that was mean, but I couldn't resist)

Unfortunately I don't think it was updated for AE. It might still work, if it only edits system values, but maybe that's a job for another modder to pick up?

Was a personal fave, actually. I still use those values in my own mods. Would love to see a new take on it.
ImageImageImage
- Gencool (aka Puppetsquid) -- I make weird stuff
meklozz

Postby meklozz » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:33 pm

If that doesn't work with AE, sMPK has a module for this. It says it can be used on vanilla game as well, it's the Enhanced Systems module and it comes in the same download as the rest of sMPK.
SgtFrog

Postby SgtFrog » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:15 am

Gencool wrote:This the one?

Wasn't too tricky to find, maybe you should go wax the Kestrel's hull and train up your Google-fu? (Sorry, that was mean, but I couldn't resist)

Unfortunately I don't think it was updated for AE. It might still work, if it only edits system values, but maybe that's a job for another modder to pick up?

Was a personal fave, actually. I still use those values in my own mods. Would love to see a new take on it.

Maybe I do need a Google-fu refresher, but sadly, that mod does not seem to increase Drone power, which is what I'm looking for in particular. Thanks anyway!
elijahdb

Postby elijahdb » Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:58 pm

SgtFrog wrote:
Maybe I do need a Google-fu refresher, but sadly, that mod does not seem to increase Drone power, which is what I'm looking for in particular. Thanks anyway!

If you want your drone control system to hold more power just use brothershogo's Hayabusa Cruiser. It allows the drone system to hold 12 power.

http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14341
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.