[Taking Requests] Mod showcase videos

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [Taking Requests] Mod showcase videos

Postby Biohazard063 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:24 am

Gencool wrote:Also, if you do try the Arwing, make sure you have the most up to date one (I just realized the ship has the potential for a lot of downtime outside of battle which could be boring to watch, so I made a ninja update for it)

The Triumvirate is no different, and my general play strategy (kill crew whenever possible) as well.
Jump cutting is pretty easy in my videos though, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:15 am

Why in Mayneth's name did I suggest the Scrin ship? :lol:

Especially when I had a perfectly functional (at the time) League of Legends-based ship. I think the Etwahl is my most proudest work and it needs to be shown off more.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=27705

The Etwhal (don't ask how it's pronounced. LoL has a guide somewhere but I go with Et-wol) can do some damage early on, but unless you pick up some decent guns, it'll suffer like the Red-Tail does in later sectors once 2-shielded ships turn up.

At least the Crescendo does extra damage to empty rooms. And it's CE compatible. I just changed the names of two augments. The Song of Celerity still allows slavery and piracy which may help with getting better guns.

I'd suggest my Lux ship as well for a try...

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28756

But you'd and everyone else watching would get sick of all that hideous laughter after 1 minute. And you'll need to hear it a lot as the Final Spark charges up (60 second cooldown!) to deliver justice. But such would be the price to pay for an overpowered ion bomb, right?
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:29 am

stylesrj wrote:Snip

I'll add both to the list.
Just keep rule number 6 in mind. And if a ship is genuinely OP, I'll probably won't finish a run with it.
Currently my back log is 10 episodes which means I'm good until November 3rd. Did 2 fairly big mods so rule 3 definitely applies as well.
But both will be showcased as that is the point of this thread.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:31 am

Just keep rule number 6 in mind. And if a ship is genuinely OP, I'll probably won't finish a run with it.

Well I'm not too certain about how OP they really are. The Etwhal's guns simply won't manage past the early sectors. Sort of like the DA-SR12 or the Red-Tail, the loadout is powerful early on but it lives on borrowed time. And you should really check out the artillery. probably not useful in later sectors because if you can take down shields, you can take down the ship just as easily but it's pretty... so, so pretty.

^ I'm doing a run in CE Infinite. Thanks to a Pre-igniter I found early on, the run simply is firing Burst Lasers at the shields, followed by the Crescendo. It really wrecks up empty rooms well :twisted:

With the Demacian Justice Cruiser, the infinite ammo Energy Snare bombs can be used to lock down a single system (provided none of them miss) so you could stop a ship from firing before you bring in the Final Spark, but you only have two weapons slots and you have to put up with Lux's laughter all the way through. Overpoweredness has a very annoying price :lol:

EDIT: Of course the ultimate test to see if the ship is OP or not is after spending 3 hours on a CE Infinite run, not buying everything and then getting your butt handed to you on the Flagship :lol:
Yeah I can never really win against the CE Infinite Flagship.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:42 am

After watching the co-commentary with the Lanius Destroyers, I kept saying to myself "Man I wish I could do that. So much FTL fan theory to share!"

But thanks to the invention of timezones, jobs and this thing called the modern world... I dunno how that could be arranged. :lol:
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:28 am

stylesrj wrote:After watching the co-commentary with the Lanius Destroyers, I kept saying to myself "Man I wish I could do that. So much FTL fan theory to share!"

But thanks to the invention of timezones, jobs and this thing called the modern world... I dunno how that could be arranged. :lol:

Let's just say being both online for like 14h a day makes it pretty easy...
Channel link
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:35 am

So do I get Skype or something or some sort of streaming program that's free?
Because everyone (On LoL) keeps telling me to get Skype or Teamspeak and such and I can never be bothered :lol:
Biohazard063

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:28 pm

stylesrj wrote:So do I get Skype or something or some sort of streaming program that's free?
Because everyone (On LoL) keeps telling me to get Skype or Teamspeak and such and I can never be bothered :lol:

Either of those is fine. I prefer TS myself because the transmission is voice activated (though Skype is usually easier to set up). Which means you only transmit audio when it's above a certain volume meaning background noise and that isn't a thing and takes less bandwidth. As far as streaming goes, every time I did the co-commentary I just used the steam streaming feature.
Delay varied between 2-10 seconds.

Setting things up usually means contacting over steam, so a friend request will have to be in order there.
(And yes, I can also be the one on the backseat if that would be a thing you want to do.)
Channel link
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:38 pm

Are you interested in flying the Cassowary or the Missile Master in between various mods? (I'm still working on the Riven... or at least I keep telling myself that)

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28845 (Cassowary)
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=28834 (Missile Master)

Or are their gimmicks too gimmicky? I know the Cassowary would lead to a run that takes 5 hours to complete (Because the OP laser's spread also serves as excellent projectile defence) and the Missile Master... it uses everyone's least favourite weapons!

I'd also like to say "Hey let's do a co-commentary for one of them" but honestly the Cassowary would require about a thousand sessions and I dunno what there is to say really after "Gatling Missiles" and "Adaptive Warheads" except "Try not to run out."
nono333

Postby nono333 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Can you make showcase about my weapon pack please ?
I thanks you about your videos on PRS :)