[MOD] [AE] C&C Weapons Pack

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Biohazard063

Re: [MOD] [AE] C&C Weapons Pack

Postby Biohazard063 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:56 am

Chrono Vortex wrote:The Ion Cannon is pretty much the only weapon I've tested extensively and to me it seems good, although you are right about it dropping four shields. I'm pretty sure though that only if you're lucky once it get's past those shields it only hits one room. As for the Magnetron Beam, the time the beam is in contact with the shields is what determines how many shields it drops, so I bumped the speed way up and I think I got it to a point where it won't just rip all the shields and the hull to shreds without any effort.

As I've stated, it's been a while since I've seen an ion beam (last one beeing on the Hooker from TaxiService) so if testing shows it's all right, I'm fine as well with it.

Chrono Vortex wrote:The only reason I did that was because it's what happened with the V3 in the original game and I thought it would be funny to keep it that way, but I could change it to do something like what I did in that gif animation (materializing from nothing to green lines and from green lines to the actual missile).

You know... I actually mentioned it looked like the way it worked in red alert 2 during the showcase :D .
Maybe just do something with the lights on the mount itself then? It sort of looks unfinished if you compare it with say the prism laser.
Amateur modder and Let's player (with a substantial FTL and ItB LP featuring countless mods).
Channel link
A list of all my mods can be found here.
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:47 pm

If adding lighting to the weapon is what you mean, I already did that to some extent in the style of other missile weapons (kind of). The thing about adding a full on charge animation is there's not many places to add detail, but I could experiment a little bit and see what I come up with.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Chrono Vortex

C&C Weapons Pack: Version 3.5

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:12 am

Small update. I spiffed up a couple animations, and I also added a new weapon. There were few other bits of polish in the data and sound files done as well.

Prism explosion

Mirage cannon animation

Combat Chronosphere
UsedC

Postby UsedC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:17 pm

Wow, nice! Now we need an Iron Curtain augment or something like that!
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:05 pm

UsedC wrote:Wow, nice! Now we need an Iron Curtain augment or something like that!

Thanks. I've toyed around with the idea of an Iron Curtain augment before, but I'd hate to get rid of the rock plating. I could just go with offensive Iron Curtain tech, like the Iron Dragon has in Mental Omega.
UsedC

Postby UsedC » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:45 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:
UsedC wrote:Wow, nice! Now we need an Iron Curtain augment or something like that!

Thanks. I've toyed around with the idea of an Iron Curtain augment before, but I'd hate to get rid of the rock plating. I could just go with offensive Iron Curtain tech, like the Iron Dragon has in Mental Omega.

Iron Curtain could kill infantry, as I remember, so it can totally be offensive. Or it can give you a Zoltan shield charge, or something like that.
Also, a while back, I made a pretty specific loadout configs for Randtrel mod. It includes C&C, Giantel, Ballistic and Captain's Edition. If someone interested, I can upload it and load order for mod manager.

Btw, love Mental Omega (and your mod, of course).
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:40 am

UsedC wrote:Also, a while back, I made a pretty specific loadout configs for Randtrel mod. It includes C&C, Giantel, Ballistic and Captain's Edition. If someone interested, I can upload it and load order for mod manager.

That could be interesting. You could get some pretty wacky combos with that I'd bet. It'd certainly make for some interesting playthroughs.
UsedC

Postby UsedC » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Chrono Vortex wrote:
UsedC wrote:Also, a while back, I made a pretty specific loadout configs for Randtrel mod. It includes C&C, Giantel, Ballistic and Captain's Edition. If someone interested, I can upload it and load order for mod manager.

That could be interesting. You could get some pretty wacky combos with that I'd bet. It'd certainly make for some interesting playthroughs.

Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/i9tjy3qf2qz9w ... s.rar?dl=0

Load order:
Better Planets and Backgrounds_v1.3.1.ftl
CE Resource Pack 1.293.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.292.ftl
CE BPaB Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
CE Additional Music Addon 1.292.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.28.ftl
CE Additional Music Infinite Compatibility Patch 1.0.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.286.ftl
GO BALLISTIC! 1.2 GAUSS WHAT!.ftl
GO BALLISTIC! 1.2 GAUSS WHAT! (CE VERSION).ftl
C&C Weapons.ftl
GianTell.ftl
Randtrel.ftl

There are some weapons in loadouts which you won't be able to use immediately. I added them because I play with Endless Loot, and it's pretty impossible to encounter these guns. GO BALLISTIC! 1.2 GAUSS WHAT! (CE VERSION) can be found on last pages of respective mod.
mr_easy_money

Postby mr_easy_money » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 pm

There is a typo on the Desolator Beam description:

"Projects shield piecing radioactive particles that can cause fires and harm crew.", where "piecing" should be "piercing"

Also, maybe "cause fires" should be "start fires"?
Chrono Vortex

Postby Chrono Vortex » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:50 am

mr_easy_money wrote:There is a typo on the Desolator Beam description:

"Projects shield piecing radioactive particles that can cause fires and harm crew.", where "piecing" should be "piercing"

Also, maybe "cause fires" should be "start fires"?

Should be fixed now. Observing the precedent set by the vanilla fire beam, "start fires" would seem to be more appropriate. Thanks for the pointer.