Joy to the World - Stylesrj's Christmas Ship Mod!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: Joy to the World - Stylesrj's Christmas Ship Mod!

Postby stylesrj » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:22 am

Alrighty! I fixed up a few buggy room images and added a new Main Menu you might enjoy.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/qq67wgc7c ... ips_V2.ftl

I have also added a new FTL Forum crew team, the 63rd Hazmats. They're a little bit too eccentric when it comes to burning things.
Slugs can also get a Christmas present, one that might be enjoyed by all. It's nothing really that special as it hasn't got like a custom image, but it would provide the enemy with "glowing" reviews.

Lastly, I fixed up the Bird of Sleigh so the Artillery had a proper name AND it's a bit more... custom?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:30 am

It's December yet again and I made a ship at the very last minute! Because this Christmas it's hard for me to get excited. The video game world is going to chaos, I got addicted to Warframe and my wrist hurts after falling off my bike so typing and playing Warframe is difficult. So I decided "Hey why not make a ship that reflects how I feel about Christmas this year?"

Introducing a ship that's probably highly appropriate for one of those Christmas events... well...

Download link

The Humbug is the old miser Scrooge's personal cargo ship. Based off the Kestrel, this has no markings and very cheap weapons ,except for the Humbug-fuelled beam. It can pierce all shields, do 2 damage to ships and ruins Christmas everywhere; look Scrooge had planned to join the Rebellion and help them with their efforts before the ghosts showed him the way so he's gotta use a Christmas-crushing beam to save Christmas, ok?

Also, I haven't been modding FTL in a while so I found out that a lot of things in the misc.xml.rawappend no longer apply, so if the game seems less cheerful, well yeah sorry about that but I don't know what happened to my lovely Christmas messages. Guess it ties in with the Scrooge theme?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:58 am

Christmas be saved! I renamed the misc.xml.rawappend to text_misc.xml.append and now the custom text for victory and certain things have labels again!

Fixed mod