[AE] Captains edn & Open Artillery crash workaround

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Noobjuice

[AE] Captains edn & Open Artillery crash workaround

Postby Noobjuice » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:58 pm

This is a small mod I threw together to get around the "artillery crash" problem in Captains Edn and Open Artillery. In these mods, if you buy the artillery system from a store and save-quit, FTL will crash when you try and continue your run, making your save unplayable.

Just install this this mod after you buy artillery and save-quit, and then FTL will load without crashing and you can continue your run normally.

After you win (or die), remove this mod with SMM before you start a new game, otherwise all the cruisers will start with artillery already installed - unless you want all the cruisers to start with artillery already installed, in which case go nuts. 8-)

DOWNLOAD
Artillery Crash Fix 1.0
Last edited by Noobjuice on Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:10 am, edited 5 times in total.
Russian Rockman

Re: [AE] Captains edn & Open Artillery crash workaround

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 5:39 pm

WHAT DOES THIS DO???!!!! I THOUGHT I TRIED EVERYTHING TO FIX THE CRASHES????!!!!! DOES THIS ACTUALLY WORK???? IF SO YOU SIR ARE A MODDING GOD!!!!!
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:14 pm

It's actually kind of ingenious. It uses the magic of Slipstream XML code to cause the artillery appearance tag for every ship to change from whatever it was set to to True. The amazing thing though is that this will work on every single ship mod or TC regardless of what ships are in it, so long as it's installed in the proper order (as in, dead last).
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:19 pm

slowriderxcorps wrote:It's actually kind of ingenious. It uses the magic of Slipstream XML code to cause the artillery appearance tag for every ship to change from whatever it was set to to True. The amazing thing though is that this will work on every single ship mod or TC regardless of what ships are in it, so long as it's installed in the proper order (as in, dead last).

I swear I tried exactly that as soon as I heard about the artillery crash months ago and didn't work for me. Who cares though. It's working now! :D :D :D Thanks NoobJuice.