RAD-82

[Ship] Errlys vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:17 pm

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1 - Replaces Lanius-A

Code: Select all

Initial Release of AE.1:
-No oxygen challenge, but easier?

Sounds like air, like in error. This ship is definitely an error.

You have a teleporter, so some of your crew should be able to go out and search for air on other ships. There is no waiting line to use the medbay, so go ahead and find more crew.

These Repair and Heal Bombs are not vanilla. They have 5 second cooldowns, require 2 power, require no missile, and are very weak.

Because of the bigger rooms, the low O2 warning lines have been removed.

Known Issues:
-The game will crash in the hanger if you are customizing crew when it dies. It is alright to rename them if you don't use the customize button, but it may be best to start the game first, then rename your crew if you choose to.

Credits:
FTL, Slipstream, Notepad, PSP7
Last edited by RAD-82 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Re: [Ship] Errlys vAE.1

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:28 am

quick question. How fast does your crew receive suffocation damage with both engi med bots dispersal and emergency respirators?

This looks like an interesting ship
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:14 am

R4V3-0N wrote:How fast does your crew receive suffocation damage with both engi med bots dispersal and emergency respirators?

I feel like I need some bar graphs for this. I'm going to make bars out of = symbols.

Level 1 Medbay Healing
==== (100%)

Normal Suffocation Damage
==== (100%)

Those are equal, so they cancel each other.

Engi Medbot Healing
= (25%)

Emergency Respirators Suffocation Damage
== (50%)

I would call that damage at 25% the normal rate, where the healing and damage do not overlap. If you want some actual numbers like HP per second, I don't have that information.

Crystals take half damage from suffocation already. Cutting that in half with emergency respirators allows medbots to sustain Crystal crew. I originally had a Crystal on the ship, but then I decided I didn't want someone who could stay at a station without needing a trip to the medbay, so I replaced it with the Rock.

If your medbay gets hacked? I never tested that, but I decided to add an alternate healing source with a very weak healing bomb. That medbay could be a death trap. :roll:
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:55 am

very interesting.

I thought engi med bots was enough to sustain a crystal man. (as seen in a dry eagle mod)

Starting to think off it, I think it'll be cool to have a no 02 ship with sustained ghosts, lanius, and a crystal.

Also med bay death trap would be the worst... imagine if someone hacks it with all your crew there and you had a med bay level 3...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:14 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:very interesting.

I thought engi med bots was enough to sustain a crystal man. (as seen in a dry eagle mod)

Starting to think off it, I think it'll be cool to have a no 02 ship with sustained ghosts, lanius, and a crystal.

Also med bay death trap would be the worst... imagine if someone hacks it with all your crew there and you had a med bay level 3...

Dryeagle modified the engi medbots to be just enough to keep crystals alive but regular crew not.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:19 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Also med bay death trap would be the worst... imagine if someone hacks it with all your crew there and you had a med bay level 3...

Then the Hacking will... do the same amount of damage it always does when attacking a medbay. I don't think they get more dangerous the higher the level of the medbay. Just like Mind Control being hacked is only a basic mind control for 10 seconds (even when powered off!)
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:33 pm

Edit: Double post. This site hates me
Last edited by R4V3-0N on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:35 pm

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Also med bay death trap would be the worst... imagine if someone hacks it with all your crew there and you had a med bay level 3...

Then the Hacking will... do the same amount of damage it always does when attacking a medbay. I don't think they get more dangerous the higher the level of the medbay. Just like Mind Control being hacked is only a basic mind control for 10 seconds (even when powered off!)

I think hacking any mind control from friendly to enemy or enemy to friendly has the same response.
I know that having a higher level O2 will make the ship drain O2 faster if it has the power to it.
theDoomBox wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:very interesting.

Dryeagle modified the engi medbots to be just enough to keep crystals alive but regular crew not.

You can't modify engi medbots dispersal rate. All dry eagle did is rename it as it isn't really lore friendly for a crystal ship to have a engi medbots floating around.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:54 pm

I think hacking any mind control from friendly to enemy or enemy to friendly has the same response.
I know that having a higher level O2 will make the ship drain O2 faster if it has the power to it.

Nope, oxygen drains at the same rate regardless of O2 system level. Otherwise I'd never beat the Flagship if it hacks Oxygen.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:12 pm

stylesrj wrote:

Nope, oxygen drains at the same rate regardless of O2 system level. Otherwise I'd never beat the Flagship if it hacks Oxygen.

For all we know the Flagship doesn't follow the normal standards. I mean it can spit over 6 drones at you at any given time and also shoot lasers out like if the game was in alpha. (long time ago weapons are not visible and you just got projectiles shooting from the centre). The Flagship also has the ability to automatically get a super shield up without an FTL jump or the new shield drone.

I remember hacking enemies with higher level O2's and it draining as fast as if like they had all there doors open with a breach. I am not sure if they hack my O2 as I never run 3 bars when I know it's already hacked. I run 3 bars between the charge times so then I can regen what I lost. That and in a normal situation in combat I run 3 to boost my O2 and then let it at 1 when I am at max.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.