Master Mod List

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
kartoFlane

Re: Master Mod List

Postby kartoFlane » Fri May 16, 2014 11:16 am

It's always possible to undo the changes someone did on a wiki, so that wouldn't be a problem.
Other than that, I don't think it's possible to allow other people to edit your post, other than giving them mod powers...
Perhaps creating a forum account to post the list, and then sharing the login credentials with some other people would be a good idea?
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
The Legacy

Postby The Legacy » Sat May 17, 2014 8:58 pm

kartoFlane wrote:It's always possible to undo the changes someone did on a wiki, so that wouldn't be a problem.
Other than that, I don't think it's possible to allow other people to edit your post, other than giving them mod powers...
Perhaps creating a forum account to post the list, and then sharing the login credentials with some other people would be a good idea?

At that rate it would be easier to just make a Wiki page, and link it in this thread instead of having the list on the forums. :)
theDoomBox

Postby theDoomBox » Mon May 19, 2014 8:54 pm

Sorry to interrupt, but I just have a quick question about the index. I have a challenge ship that is currently a WIP, and is not available for download. Would that be something I would share here, or should it have a download link? I know it says some of the mods are WIP, but I just want to confirm that there doesn't have to be a way to download the ship.
UltraMantis

Postby UltraMantis » Tue May 20, 2014 5:32 am

A Wiki and/or Googledocs both get around the issue of multiple editors, as editing forum posts requires Moderator access. The curent topic could be kept and it would link to the Wiki/Googledocs/Blog/whatever without having to create multiple threads on the forum.

WIP mods do not require a download link. Use a WIP tag or otherwise explain that it isn't a working/complete mod.
Report spam using the handy Report Button Mod.
VehicleAccess

Postby VehicleAccess » Thu May 22, 2014 1:28 am

Is there a reason that the two superluminal ship editors are not on here?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu May 22, 2014 1:47 pm

VehicleAccess wrote:Is there a reason that the two superluminal ship editors are not on here?

Yup -- due to space limitation in the original post, all modding tools have been moved to a separate topic.

On top of that, the only people who can update the list (that is UltraMantis and Kieve, I believe) don't have the time to scour the forums regularly and keep updaing the list. That's why we're currently discussing whether we should move the list to an open document, instead of a forum post :)
Anthonest

Postby Anthonest » Tue May 27, 2014 9:30 am

Think you could add my new ship mod and my Wip collab mod?

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=25015

Collab mod:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24551 On this one could you add R4V3-0N and Ginger Dragon too because its a collab? Thanks.
LordTrilobite

Postby LordTrilobite » Thu May 29, 2014 12:27 pm

Perhaps you could add my Detailed Crew Portrait mod?
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24541
Image - Image
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:26 pm

For some weird reason I've spent most of today fiddling with Google Spreadsheets, and came up with a possible format for the "open-sourced" mod list.

Link

Any suggestions are welcome -- just don't put your mod in the list yet, this is just a temporary backup of my main spreadsheet :lol:
sandiestcomet

Postby sandiestcomet » Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:38 pm

Could You Please Add My First Mod, IF You Let me, I'll Give the mod, It's A Retextured stealth, but replaces fedA I'd love if you'd add it, Thanks! :)