[SHIP] Federation Defender

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: [SHIP] Federation Defender

Postby stylesrj » Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:27 pm

Oh, so if you assign 2 systems to the same room and own both, it stacks?... if I say have a zoltan in a room with say engines and shields stacked, it gets 1 power to both systems or?....
(Also how does repairing work on those extra systems?)

I thought everyone had tried the Zoltan Magistrate I designed with that in mind :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26348

Zoltans will provide power to all systems in the room they're in. So if you put shields and engines together, they'll be both powered.
Only problem is that only one system will be repaired if damaged. The other will never be fixed outside of dropping a repair bomb on it.

But just remind everyone constantly that the shield system doesn't work and not ot purchase it. Or set the rarity to 0. Just as long as its available (like the Stealth Cruiser series), the game will be fine with the Zoltan shield. No room, no shield.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:31 pm

stylesrj wrote:
Oh, so if you assign 2 systems to the same room and own both, it stacks?... if I say have a zoltan in a room with say engines and shields stacked, it gets 1 power to both systems or?....
(Also how does repairing work on those extra systems?)

I thought everyone had tried the Zoltan Magistrate I designed with that in mind :lol:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26348

Zoltans will provide power to all systems in the room they're in. So if you put shields and engines together, they'll be both powered.
Only problem is that only one system will be repaired if damaged. The other will never be fixed outside of dropping a repair bomb on it.

But just remind everyone constantly that the shield system doesn't work and not ot purchase it. Or set the rarity to 0. Just as long as its available (like the Stealth Cruiser series), the game will be fine with the Zoltan shield. No room, no shield.

Heh, Sorry that I didn't try your mod. I heard about it but heard mainly few technical problems before it was fully made.

Interesting... well. If the ship is an "Ai" will it repair it automatically granted there being no breaches?

I put the shields in an overlaying system but I will remind people in the original post that it won't work.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:06 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Heh, Sorry that I didn't try your mod. I heard about it but heard mainly few technical problems before it was fully made.

I think it was due to the fact that Pilot was in the same room as Shields. So ion blasts would disable it every time the shields were zapped.
I solved that one already. Are you sure it wasn't someone else's mod with stacked systems (I think it was that Zoltan ship with Piloting backwards)

R4V3-0N wrote: Interesting... well. If the ship is an "Ai" will it repair it automatically granted there being no breaches?

Exactly. Either that or give it a Repair Bomb. But the AI ship also means it can jump without a pilot. Useful if you want everyone in shields. So perhaps another idea for a Defender ship is AI controlled. But AI ships are OP as they get a +10 boost to evasion right off the bat as they're always manned (some solve that by removing the piloting station so no one can increase it even further) and self repair in places without breaches.

R4V3-0N wrote: I put the shields in an overlaying system but I will remind people in the original post that it won't work.

Also make buying shield systems Rarity 0, so it won't be in stores, taking up space that could be used for something else. This does mean Stealth Cruisers won't get them either.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:39 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Heh, Sorry that I didn't try your mod. I heard about it but heard mainly few technical problems before it was fully made.

I think it was due to the fact that Pilot was in the same room as Shields. So ion blasts would disable it every time the shields were zapped.
I solved that one already. Are you sure it wasn't someone else's mod with stacked systems (I think it was that Zoltan ship with Piloting backwards)

R4V3-0N wrote: Interesting... well. If the ship is an "Ai" will it repair it automatically granted there being no breaches?

Exactly. Either that or give it a Repair Bomb. But the AI ship also means it can jump without a pilot. Useful if you want everyone in shields. So perhaps another idea for a Defender ship is AI controlled. But AI ships are OP as they get a +10 boost to evasion right off the bat as they're always manned (some solve that by removing the piloting station so no one can increase it even further) and self repair in places without breaches.

R4V3-0N wrote: I put the shields in an overlaying system but I will remind people in the original post that it won't work.

Also make buying shield systems Rarity 0, so it won't be in stores, taking up space that could be used for something else. This does mean Stealth Cruisers won't get them either.

Yes but I do not like limiting the compatibility of my mod.

Well ai shouldn't be that OP... it does have one of the disadvantages of the engi B which is very limited/ no crew means it'll be harder to get more trained crew.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:43 am

R4V3-0N wrote:

Well ai shouldn't be that OP... it does have one of the disadvantages of the engi B which is very limited/ no crew means it'll be harder to get more trained crew.

I'm pretty sure making the shield system impossible to purchase isn't going to completely wreck every single mod out there. As long as it works with CE, it should be fine.

Also, AI ships don't need crew. So boarding parties are not a worry because if everyone dies, the ship lives on.
But unlike the Engi B, you cannot purchase crew. Ever. You can only find them in events. So balances out, I guess?
Then again, no crew means no air. Ship can be freely vented and save power bars until you get non-Lanius crew.

So now I've got this crazy idea of the Automated Defender. Basically your ship with a grey/black paintjob and a red visor. :twisted:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:27 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:

I'm pretty sure making the shield system impossible to purchase isn't going to completely wreck every single mod out there. As long as it works with CE, it should be fine.

Also, AI ships don't need crew. So boarding parties are not a worry because if everyone dies, the ship lives on.
But unlike the Engi B, you cannot purchase crew. Ever. You can only find them in events. So balances out, I guess?
Then again, no crew means no air. Ship can be freely vented and save power bars until you get non-Lanius crew.

So now I've got this crazy idea of the Automated Defender. Basically your ship with a grey/black paintjob and a red visor. :twisted:

Yes but isn't the ai controlling the ship at the power off "basic' level crew? at sector 8 that'll hinder you as your missing quite a lot of evade, shield regen, fire rate, etc because your crew is 'basic' and the ai can't level up.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:36 am

R4V3-0N wrote:Yes but isn't the ai controlling the ship at the power off "basic' level crew? at sector 8 that'll hinder you as your missing quite a lot of evade, shield regen, fire rate, etc because your crew is 'basic' and the ai can't level up.

True, but 45% evasion isn't too bad.
Of course by Sector 8 you can get a proper crew anyway or would have one. Then not only have you got an AI ship with expendable crew but you also have 55% evasion (if you put crew in those stations unless you remove them). If the pilot gets mind controlled, the ship is still able to dodge more effectively than a Level 3 Pilot Subsystem.

Anyway, so what about the Automated Defender idea? No shield, powerful turret and everything is manned.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 25, 2014 10:39 am

stylesrj wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Yes but isn't the ai controlling the ship at the power off "basic' level crew? at sector 8 that'll hinder you as your missing quite a lot of evade, shield regen, fire rate, etc because your crew is 'basic' and the ai can't level up.

True, but 45% evasion isn't too bad.
Of course by Sector 8 you can get a proper crew anyway or would have one. Then not only have you got an AI ship with expendable crew but you also have 55% evasion (if you put crew in those stations unless you remove them). If the pilot gets mind controlled, the ship is still able to dodge more effectively than a Level 3 Pilot Subsystem.

Anyway, so what about the Automated Defender idea? No shield, powerful turret and everything is manned.

Sounds interesting... like something I should do for a type "E". Doesn't seem like the type D material..
(E = Fed Cruiser C colours)... I also made a weapon that is basically gassing the room off an enemy ship causing 15 pers damage per every few seconds. But I am still working out the kinks. (15 damage is as low as I can make it, would be a 4 energy weapon. I think I may change it into like an artificial fire because that explosion animation is king off ruining my plans....)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:10 am

Sounds interesting... like something I should do for a type "E". Doesn't seem like the type D material..
(E = Fed Cruiser C colours)

I was thinking like it should be the colour scheme of the automated ships (grey/black, red cockpit). That could be a Type F :lol:
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:12 am

stylesrj wrote:
(E = Fed Cruiser C colours)

I was thinking like it should be the colour scheme of the automated ships (grey/black, red cockpit). That could be a Type F :lol:

At this rate I am spending more time developing 1 ship then i am at my overhaul.

Good things the weapons will be for my overhaul...

(PS. I finished all 3 ships updated versions but I do not have any time to test them... want to be my private tester for this?)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.