Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Gidoza

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Gidoza » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:50 am

Cool - I appreciate this little note of support. I might need a little help to get started, though...is superluminal a flagship design thingie? (I've never used it) I'd be more than happy to make a couple and try to pool activity of players to offer some as well.

Sleeper Service wrote:Makes sense if the player is really experienced, but as far as I can tell the mod provides ample challenge for the average player. Well then again I have no real data on that... But in any case, what you suggest is somewhat beyond the scope and intention of the mod and program. Also since Rann isn't that available these days, so major changes to the mod are unlikely. But hey...
Gidoza wrote: What it comes down to, though, is that in the end I would rather see a good 20 or 30 player-designed Flagships that are rock solid - neither overpowered nor underpowered - and which the Randomizer randomly chooses,
...that sound like a solid concept for a mod. You can make those mods, release a pack that has a couple dozen of copies of each, given a cryptic name or better a number and have the player choose randomly by himself this way. You don't even need a randomize program to make this a reality, can all be done through superluminal. ;)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:54 am

Superluminal is a ship editor for FTL that can edit both player and enemy ships or create new ones. You can download it here: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901

FAQ here:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=24901&p=78739#p78739
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:55 pm

Thanks! I'll try it out and see what I can do with it. :)
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:07 am

Okay, so here's a question: how do I use Superluminal to access the weapons available in the Flagship Randomizer? It isn't obvious to me. I THINK that that's all that I would need in order to create a variety of pre-set Flagships, but I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:22 am

Go to the temp folder of the Flagship Randomizer, compress it's content into a .zip file, rename it to .ftl. Now you have a mod that contains all the assets the FR can use. You can now either load that mod directly via superluminals load mod function, or patch it into your game via SMM. Either way, Superluminalt will then detect the weapons and have them available.
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:06 pm

Cool! I'll work with that.

One further question - when I load the BOSS ship from FTL, it always seems to load the Vanilla non-AE version, which seems odd because this isn't reflected in the game at all. Furthermore, even stage 1 seems to have systems on it that aren't actually there, and certain things refuse to co-operate (e.g. the shield "minimum" and "maximum" automatically reset themselves if I move the bars around). Finally, I tried editing a flagship and then loading it, but nothing happened.

In the end, the last question may not matter - I'll probably just set up a bunch of variations and upload them and ask for help packaging them into a good randomization set. But the other stuff makes no sense to me, especially when I can't test it. Appreciate the help - thanks! :)
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:58 pm

Yeah, Superluminal seems to have some trouble interacting with the flagship. I think I got around that by creating a ship mod that contains the files relevant for the flagship and loaded that into the editor. Parts of the flagship are hardcoded I think, so I wouldn't pay that oddities too much mind. Also a systems being present in Superluminal does not mean that they are there ingame, they can be set to 0 levels and stuff and I think that prevents them from appearing at all. Look at the player ships to see how that works.
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:19 pm

Hmmmmm...I made the temp from Flagship Randomizer into a mod, but it only gives 4 weapons when I open it with 7Zip. Presumably the last 4 weapons that the Randomizer generated. I need access to ALL the weapons (with their respective graphics). Is this possible?

That, and in addition, when I load this mod with Superluminal, I cannot even see these very 4 weapons that are supposed to be there. :/
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Hm ok looks like the temp folder doesn't do what I though it does. In that case you'll have to look at FlagshipGeneratorSource/Weapon Data and FlagshipGeneratorSource/Weapon Source and turn the stuff there that makes up the weapons into a mod. You can take animations.xml.append as is, but you'll have to convert meta_weapon_pool into usable weapon blueprints for the mod to work. Just compare the stuff in that file to a usual weapon blueprint file and make the required changes.
Gidoza

Postby Gidoza » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:32 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Hm ok looks like the temp folder doesn't do what I though it does. In that case you'll have to look at FlagshipGeneratorSource/Weapon Data and FlagshipGeneratorSource/Weapon Source and turn the stuff there that makes up the weapons into a mod. You can take animations.xml.append as is, but you'll have to convert meta_weapon_pool into usable weapon blueprints for the mod to work. Just compare the stuff in that file to a usual weapon blueprint file and make the required changes.

Okay, so there's really nothing in "Weapon Data," BUT the "Weapon Pool" has all kinds of information in it, though it's called "Asset" instead of a "Weapon." My guess is that I would rename the beginning Asset and ending /Asset into the appropriate Weapon line, and that would make the whole thing into a list of weapons. Not 100% sure how to tie those to the appropriate graphics, though the appropriate name is already in the string. If I know those two things, then making use of the weapons in Superluminal should be easy from that point on.