Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
R136a1

Re: [Beta Phase] Flagship Randomizer 0.1 for CE

Postby R136a1 » Tue May 19, 2015 9:23 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:Thank you again for actually making this happen guys!!!

Big thanks to rannl! I knew only he could make this happen.

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING AT THAT GIF OH GOD MY LUNGS. :!:
steamtex

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.22 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby steamtex » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:09 am

Your mediafire download link is being an inexplicable jackass for me. Can I get a mirror from somebody for this?
TaxiService

Postby TaxiService » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:58 am

Does this work for you? http://ge.tt/38qOliK2/v/0
ImageImageImageImageImage
steamtex

Postby steamtex » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:45 pm

Indeed it does. Thank you, sir.
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 8:56 pm

So I was wondering, how does a person create a program like this? I was experimenting around with modding in other games with similar format, and multiple times I thought "Y'know, a randomizer like that would be fun to play this game with" and so I figured I'd ask.

Any help as to how to get started?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Sep 07, 2015 9:18 pm

One half of making this mod is understanding what the flagship is made of and making variations of those components. This requires knowledge of FTL modding and some spriting skill i guess.

The other half is programming an executable that combines those components into a functional flagship mod. That requires programming skills. I think the particular tool at hand her was coded in java.
0tef

Postby 0tef » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:57 am

I tried captain's edition but have since reverted back to vanilla, but can't seem to get a random flagship built from vanilla resources. The program is still giving me flagships with weapons such as the focused anti-bio beam and burst ion. I have never selected ACE or ACE-INF. What am I doing wrong..?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Oct 01, 2015 12:00 pm

You are doing nothing wrong, those weapons are considered close to vanilla by the randomizer (the burst ion is literally the vanilla boss ion) and are therefore added to the AE pool. If you want to adjust the weapon pools to your own liking you can go to /Flagship_ Randomizer_1.22/FlagshipGeneratorSource/Weapon Data/meta_weapon_pool.xml and change the build= tags there.
0tef

Postby 0tef » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:16 am

hmm hmm.

thank you for the prompt reply, and for the instructions on how to correct it myself.

You don't have to reply to this, but... even the focus bio beam is considered close enough..? also perhaps I simply forgot the specific name with the ion weapon. It's the one that can do 2 system damage on top of its ionization.

Again, thanks for the help.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:17 pm

0tef wrote: even the focus bio beam is considered close enough..?

Yep, the actual evaluation of whats close to vanilla is pretty arbitrary in the end I guess. I mean it come down to opinion. There are anti bio beams in vanilla. And it needs to either have shield piercing or a really long beam time to be viable in enemy hands. Again, if you don't want the weapon to be in the mix you can change that in the mods .xml files. Same goes for the heavy ion. There where only a few ion in the mix to begin with so I left that one in since there is a heavy ion in vanilla. Stuff like ion flaks should not appear though. But in the end its totally up to you.