Flagship Randomizer 1.29 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Xen0n

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.16 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Xen0n » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:39 pm

Pretty sure I found a bug. Rolled a Flagship with a swarm missile launcher and it charged up but never fired. Flagship out of missiles? Either way, it made the fight a breeze.
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:10 pm

I was wondering, can we have randomized terrain be a possibility as well? I'd love (well, not really love, but would want to try) a ion storm flagship, or a meteor flagship. Solar flare flagship however would be near impossible unless the flagship got some serious nerfs. Also, if you gave the flagship a serious nerf but had PDS active, that would also be cool. Not suggesting that this should be a mandatory part, but I think having it as a side option would be really interesting.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:01 pm

Krazyguy75 wrote:I was wondering, can we have randomized terrain be a possibility as well? I'd love (well, not really love, but would want to try) a ion storm flagship, or a meteor flagship. Solar flare flagship however would be near impossible unless the flagship got some serious nerfs. Also, if you gave the flagship a serious nerf but had PDS active, that would also be cool. Not suggesting that this should be a mandatory part, but I think having it as a side option would be really interesting.

If you guys did this it might be better if the hazards were still part of an eventList so that the first/second/third phase is not ALWAYS a sun/hazard/ion storm for example. That way you still have the potential to jump away and come back and you don't change every beacon the flagship jumps to into a hazard if you do need to jump away. Although, it would be nice if the hazard was based on the flagship's equipment...

You could do something like have an eventList witch class either a hazard event or non-hazard event using event load=. Then just make the hazard event "unique" so it never happens again if you jump away and jump back. The non-hazard event will then always be loaded. And you can adjust the probabilities if you wanted to make the hazard event more or less likely to appear.

For example, it would make more sense for the flagship to lure you into an asteroid field if it had a shield booster. It would make more sense for it to lure you near a sun if it had Fire Suppression. And a pulsar if it had a reverse ion field.

Also, if you had an ion storm flagship that could really mess with the flagship, I've found that it doesn't seem to use its power efficiently and it will power all of its artillery weapons down before other things. :? But leaving it with full power similarly would give it a massive advantage over you. So Im not sure how you could handle that. A regular nebula would be fine though (or rather the atmosphere of a nearby gas giant ;) ).

Also, god forbid a flagship with ASB fire support. :cry: Although the old style Fleet targeting you would not be bad because it is possible to avoid that. ;)

You could also do things from CE like minefields (By adding a 5th artillery like the above did before AE). And you could give the flagship a chance to use combat augments.

I also don't think any of this would need to be in the Secret Data, but maybe you could figure out that the flagship might try to retreat to a nearby sun if it has Fire Suppression.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:41 pm

NarnKar wrote:Reddit user AyCarrumba shared an interesting story with r/ftlgame recently. His boss had Reverse Ion Field, and he had lots of Ion weaponry and hoped to stack the ions on top of each other.

But phase 3's Zoltan Shield + Ion Resist was...an interesting combination. Check out his story here.

I read that whole thing, he really shouldn't have gone for ions if the flagship had reverse ion field, but whatever. :lol:

It seems like he had a problem with the Teleporter on Phase 3 though. He said that the Rebels would not teleport to him. Just make sure you are giving the flagship a boarding AI of either Sabotage or Invasion to go along with the Teleporter. ;)
Sleeper Service

Re: Flagship Randomizer 1.18 for AE, ACE and ACE Infinite

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:37 pm

Rann gathered some statistic data on the possible boss rolls, which allowed us to fine tune the probability of certain weapon combos appearing (I was under the impression that the random flagship generally gets a lot of dual missiles and only rarely dual ions). The ratio we achieved now is a roughly:
25% chance of vanilla weapon mix
25% chance of dual lasers
25% chance of dual missiles
25% chance of dual ions

Flagship Randomizer 1.18
- Boss weapon combo probabilities fine tuned
- Fixed some missing boarding AIs in the ACE-Inf build
- Phase I boss variants with teleporters now use the sabotage boarding AI instead of the invasion boarding AI
- Fixed a problem preventing the boss from powering its weapons (?)
BrianU

Postby BrianU » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:50 am

In the original post it talks about running an exe and creating an ftl file... but the download link is an ftl file, where is the EXE? Are the instructions outdated?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:43 am

Hey guys. I thought that the flagship's pool for CE included all of the different weapon types from CE, but after reexamining the CE weapons I noticed a few potential weapons that were left out. You can add these in if you want. ;)

Neural Stunner - Ion
Cloak Missile or Mine Launcher- Missile
Shield Piercing Stun Beam - Beam
Auto Laser - Laser

I'm sure there are plenty of drones that are being left out too. Like a shield drone.

Also, somebody experimented and discovered that Chain Artillery does work, so an Adaptive beam or Vulcan artillery could be a thing. But that would probably need some additional experimentation first.

EDIT: P.S. I feel like the damage potential of the focus beam artillery is a little lacking compared to the other beams. It has the same cooldown as the other beams, but can only hit one room and do up to 3 damage if all your shields are gone, whereas the others can bring you down a ton of hull if all your shields are gone.

You could also increase the damage of the artillery laser perhaps? I feel like these one shot weapons which dont pierce shields really well should really STING when the flagship gets a lucky shot in. Maybe I'm just masochistic... :twisted:
Krazyguy75

Postby Krazyguy75 » Tue Nov 04, 2014 8:42 am

BrianU wrote:In the original post it talks about running an exe and creating an ftl file... but the download link is an ftl file, where is the EXE? Are the instructions outdated?

I don't know why, but someone changed the .zip into .ftl (normally only done for finished mods, not files containing a .exe). Just rename it "Flagship_ Randomizer_1.18.zip" instead, and you should be able to unzip it and get the flagship.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 04, 2014 7:26 pm

Oops, my bad. That has been fixed now. Seem rename any files I upload into .ftl has become some kind of reflex for me...
eevpix

Postby eevpix » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:39 pm

I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I was using the randomized flagship with my only other mod being an HD Zoltan shield, and every time I entered a new sector the "Lets look at the Flagship's Layout" event would activate again.