Looking for ship mods comparable to the vanilla FTL ships

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Levgre

Looking for ship mods comparable to the vanilla FTL ships

Postby Levgre » Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:00 am

I'll be browsing this forum, but thought I'd ask to perhaps find some quickly.

Not novelty ships, or ships that are overly powerful. But rather ships that mirror the vanilla ones in capability and play style. Thanks for any suggestions.
RAD-82

Re: Looking for ship mods comparable to the vanilla FTL ship

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:19 am

I've made quite a few ships *link*, but I don't know what you judge to be "novelty." Maybe something on that list is acceptable to you.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:25 am

Out of all my mods, I feel like The Hand of Death is my best one--it's designed with balance in mind, as opposed to my other ship mods, which typically have the mentality of "ooh what cool shit can I do now".

The ship handles much like a DA-SR 12, in its glass-cannon two-cloak no-shields start, but instead of the DA-SR 12's Glaive Beam focus, the Hand of Death is built around its custom Anti-Bio Beam. The beam is powerful at first glance, but has plenty of caveats too--and in more difficult sectors, it requires a lot more support to get good use out of it.

I don't know if this qualifies as "novelty", by your definition, but I do feel like this is the most interesting and fun of my ship mods. I have some other mods, and you can find my mod hub in my signature.

Thanks for considering my work!
Levgre

Postby Levgre » Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:41 am

Thanks for the suggestions, will look into them all.

Of course there is a degree of grey area in 'novelty', as you could say some of the vanilla ships are novelty because of their strangeness and unique strategy.

So overly strong ships are the ones I'm avoiding most (like on the level of Crystal B or better). Really strong ships are a kind of novelty play style in itself.
Dirka

Postby Dirka » Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:18 pm

Might I suggest the truly gorgeous ships by TaxiService?