Shiny! UI Overhaul and Graphics Mod v1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
5thHorseman

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.91 (Now with Screenshots

Postby 5thHorseman » Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:58 am

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Why the heck is a UI mod changing floor layouts? I was just about to download this until I seen it modifies the ships. If you for whatever reason, don't want to remove the floors then perhaps a separate version that just has the UI edits?

This does not modify the layouts, just how the walls and doors look. The ships function exactly the same as they do in vanilla.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:14 am

This discovery might be intersting for this mod. Shows how the color of the hard-coded hull bars can be changed. ;)
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:43 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:This discovery might be intersting for this mod. Shows how the color of the hard-coded hull bars can be changed. ;)

I'm pretty sure that's not new. There was this mod a while back that changed hull bars, and I could have sworn they were yellow in the preview images.

Edit: Yes, I found it:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=21578&p=69504#p69504

Look at the X-Wing image. The hull bars are yellow.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:51 pm

Ah OK, didn't know about that. Nothing new under the late stage sun then.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:04 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Ah OK, didn't know about that. Nothing new under the late stage sun then.

That said, Kierany9 never explained how he achieved it. It's not new, but it's never seen the spotlights before. :)
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:21 pm

dalolorn wrote:Kierany9 never explained how he achieved it.

Kierany9 didn't do anything. The game was (pre-AE, still is post-AE?) hard-coded to turn yellow when hull is below 20, not below 67%.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:10 pm

Funny. I never noticed that... :oops:
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:47 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:This discovery might be intersting for this mod. Shows how the color of the hard-coded hull bars can be changed. ;)

A very interesting discovery. I'll think about a way to maybe incorporate that. I would like to use it to help display increments of health on the enemy hull bar, but I don't want to change the color from green like it was in vanilla... Still, a very interesting discovery.

I've changed the hull bar again for the next update since someone thought the hull bar with "ticks" was a bit weird. This new hull bar will be in 3 sections (like the players hull bar) with increments of 6-6-10.

In other news, I noticed several minor-serious issues with the mod :roll: and compatibility with CE so an update will be coming shortly, hopefully today or tomorrow.
Russian Rockman

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.95 (Thanks for your feedb

Postby Russian Rockman » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:39 pm

Hey everybody!!! :)

I have finally updated the mod based on all of your feedback. Thank you so much! I will still be updating this in the future also, but I'm very happy with the state of the mod right now.

Here is the list of changes, many of which were based on your feedback.

v0.95
-Fixed some incompatibility issues with CE floor layouts. (For now if you use this with vanilla it will use the CE layouts, but I will be uploading a separate version for both CE and vanilla probably with the next update)
-The text window has been made slightly less transparent. (You should still be able to see your ship a bit, but it should no longer cause any issues with reading text)
-Big changes to the contrast of ALL system icons. (They should be MUCH easier to see now)
-Hexes on the enemy targeting window are back!!!
-New enemy hull indicator with 3 sections. (Each section indicates 6 points of hull. Instead of the 4 points of hull with "tick marks. Let me know what you think.)
-Level 1 doors changed back to vanilla look. (No metallic glimmer near the seam)
-Added artillery animations for the Federation ships.
-Some more graphical stuff from sMPK added.

As always, let me know what you think about these changes! Also, let me know if you have any other ideas for things that should be changed or for things that I should add.

Thanks everyone!
Mr. Mister

Re: Shiny! Complete UI Overhaul v0.95 (Thanks for your feedb

Postby Mr. Mister » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:03 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:-New enemy hull indicator with 3 sections. (Each section indicates 6 points of hull. Instead of the 4 points of hull with "tick marks. Let me know what you think.)

I still think dividing it into sections of 5 hull each makes it much more intuitive and easy to count quicker, even if (if no more than 3 different-looking sections can be done) the last one has more than 5.