[SHIP] Obsidian Cruiser v1.3

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Captain Rhonos
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 am
Location: Zoltan Homeworlds

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser (Beta)

Postby Captain Rhonos » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Hello! I really love the idea of this ship and I was hoping to make a small story about it in the story section of the forums later. I was wondering if that would be fine with you.
Zoltan: Would you like to participate in some tests?

Me: Uh? No thank you. I'll be leaving now.
User avatar
Kieve
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Low Orbit
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser (Beta)

Postby Kieve » Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Captain Rhonos wrote:Hello! I really love the idea of this ship and I was hoping to make a small story about it in the story section of the forums later. I was wondering if that would be fine with you.


That would absolutely be fine. I don't know if it'll affect your story idea at all, but I had a brainstorm while at work here and figured the replacement of the Engi-B and the lone Engi crewman on the Obsidian made a lot of sense, if you assume "The Vortex" was destroyed but its pilot survived and was rescued. ;)
I look forward to reading the story - you're welcome to link it here in the thread when it's done!

Also a progress update, while I'm posting - I have a new version ready for upload, with custom shield, proper weapon-mounts, and "almost" correctly aligned gibs (still some minor fixing to do there). Will provide the DL for it once I get home from work tonight.
Captain Rhonos
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 am
Location: Zoltan Homeworlds

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser (Beta)

Postby Captain Rhonos » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:21 pm

Kieve wrote:That would absolutely be fine. I don't know if it'll affect your story idea at all, but I had a brainstorm while at work here and figured the replacement of the Engi-B and the lone Engi crewman on the Obsidian made a lot of sense, if you assume "The Vortex" was destroyed but its pilot survived and was rescued.
I look forward to reading the story - you're welcome to link it here in the thread when it's done!


Alright, thanks! It'll probably take some time, but once I'm done I will link it in this thread. By the way, that idea about the Vortex's pilot is a good one. Might do that. Thanks again!

I also have an idea, if it's possible, you could make a race that looks like the Rock or Crystal races but look more like they're made from obsidian. Just a thought.

May use that in my story :)
Last edited by Captain Rhonos on Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoltan: Would you like to participate in some tests?

Me: Uh? No thank you. I'll be leaving now.
SinragnokOfThirteen
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 am

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser (Beta)

Postby SinragnokOfThirteen » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:12 am

Hey there Kieve. I downloaded your mod and it looks like the Obisidian Cruiser has some sort of graphical bug? It seemed that my FTL downsized the ship and the rooms now just jut out. I'm aware it's in beta and you may be aware of this problem.

Off-topic: Thanks again for helping me. :D

Edit: Also, I probably zoned out and did something wrong. I'm going to check again.

Edit: Yep, just conflicts in the installer. I'll sort them out myself.
Give me advice!

Mind if I board your ship? No? Alright, now everyone dies. -Madman
FML
User avatar
Kieve
Posts: 952
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm
Location: Low Orbit
Contact:

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser (Beta)

Postby Kieve » Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:40 am

Captain Rhonos wrote:I also have an idea, if it's possible, you could make a race that looks like the Rock or Crystal races but look more like they're made from obsidian. Just a thought.

May use that in my story :)


I'd like to, but until / unless we get a better implementation of "custom" races (with unique abilities or attributes), I don't think I'll be taking it that far.

In other news: The Singularity Projector is working! It's in dire need of some custom sound FX, but it is at least fully functional. I've begun working on a customized interior, though I'm not happy at how everything fades out beneath the floorplan overlay. Some more vibrant colors would be nice... :roll:
Anyway, now that this thing is functional I'm moving it over into Release. Go forth and be awesome, comrades!
Captain Rhonos
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 am
Location: Zoltan Homeworlds

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.0

Postby Captain Rhonos » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:11 am

Kieve wrote:I'd like to, but until / unless we get a better implementation of "custom" races (with unique abilities or attributes), I don't think I'll be taking it that far.


I completely understand. Making new races hasn't really been done yet so...yeah. Though I might add them in the story.

Kieve wrote:In other news: The Singularity Projector is working! It's in dire need of some custom sound FX, but it is at least fully functional.


Awesome. Going to go try that out right now!
Zoltan: Would you like to participate in some tests?

Me: Uh? No thank you. I'll be leaving now.
Captain Rhonos
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 am
Location: Zoltan Homeworlds

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.0

Postby Captain Rhonos » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:20 am

Captain Rhonos wrote:Awesome. Going to go try that out right now!


I just tried it, the ship still looks like the Obsidian Cruiser and all, but I still only have the one Engi and the original weapons.
Zoltan: Would you like to participate in some tests?

Me: Uh? No thank you. I'll be leaving now.
SinragnokOfThirteen
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:52 am

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.0

Postby SinragnokOfThirteen » Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:42 am

Captain Rhonos wrote:
Captain Rhonos wrote:Awesome. Going to go try that out right now!


I just tried it, the ship still looks like the Obsidian Cruiser and all, but I still only have the one Engi and the original weapons.


You had my problem then, it's probably conflicting with another mod if you're using GMM. Which ones do you have installed?
Give me advice!

Mind if I board your ship? No? Alright, now everyone dies. -Madman
FML
Captain Rhonos
Posts: 13
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:15 am
Location: Zoltan Homeworlds

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.0

Postby Captain Rhonos » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:11 am

SinragnokOfThirteen wrote:You had my problem then, it's probably conflicting with another mod if you're using GMM. Which ones do you have installed?


I have Weaponanza and the Obsidian Cruiser.
Maybe the download hasn't been changed? I don't know.

By the way, I've finished a small prologue for the story. Again, it may take awhile for me to finish it.
Zoltan: Would you like to participate in some tests?

Me: Uh? No thank you. I'll be leaving now.
Grognak
Posts: 172
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Re: [MOD] Obsidian Cruiser v1.0

Postby Grognak » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:23 am

Works perfectly fine for me, and I have to extend my congratulations. Very fun ship, extremely well-done. The ship feels powerful without feeling op, it really feels like it is part of the base game. :)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests