5thHorseman's Mod Hub

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
5thHorseman

5thHorseman's Mod Hub

Postby 5thHorseman » Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:21 pm

I have enough mods that it's hard to fit them all in my signature. I mean, keep track of them all. So here's a nice central location for them.

CREATED FOR ADVANCED EDITION
Simo-V
The first ship I made specifically for AE. It's actually just a reworking of the DA-SR 12 to use a Vulcan instead of a Glaive beam. Quite difficult, and I find it quite rewarding.

UPDATED TO ADVANCED EDITION
The Potential
My flagship. I'm glad I did this one first, and I'm glad I was able to keep the feel of the original in spite of the challenges presented by updating to AE.

Automated Scout
I'm almost done updating this one, but am having some troubles getting things to not show up in stores. Bonus: The new version has scanners! Well, you can buy them :)

The Asteroid (BETA 2)
It lost the 4-man teleporter and the possibility for the crystal crewmember. But it gained a sweet new weapon and now you can fire-board all the ships you want. well, not ALL of them. The automated scouts will need to be drone-boarded instead.

"Low O2" Icons
Not updated per-se, but they still work in AE.

PENDING UPDATE TO ADVANCED EDITION
The Black Opal
I really can't wait to see how this plays in AE. I have many various ways to tweak it, including possibly a clone bay instead of the medbay. This will make the engi medibots not work anymore so I'm thinking of possibly making that a different augment. Not sure which one yet. Also: You can pick up Lanius crew!

ABANDONED/NOT UPDATING (convince me otherwise and I may change my mind)
The Enforcer
I made this for RAD-82 before he became an elite modder, and he's remade the ship closer to his vision. Also, I'm not sure how you'd nerf a 4-man teleporting ship with Zoltans. I'd love to see this with a clone bay. :D

The Pyro
A fun little ship for sure, but a bit of a one-trick pony. I think The Asteroid (above) is a superior fire/boarding ship with more interesting things going for it.
Last edited by 5thHorseman on Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
aaaaaa50

Re: 5thHorseman's Mod Hub

Postby aaaaaa50 » Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:48 am

5thHorseman wrote:Automated Scout
I'm almost done updating this one, but am having some troubles getting things to not show up in stores. Bonus: The new version has scanners! Well, you can buy them :)

Code: Select all

SENSOR UNITS UNNECESARY

...and low oxygen warning totally necessary. :mrgreen:

I think you should add the lifeform scanner augment to it. Because it would just feel cool and totally fits with the flavor. I do worry about being able to have Lanius crew, though I guess they could be considered non-biological. Also, have you considered making a custom artillery weapon for the ship? The old one's probably still the best fit for it, but since it's your ship you'd know best.

Also, I think you're my favorite ship-mod creator for FTL. Three of the ships on my list are yours, because they all have really unique play, and it's awesome that you're updating them for AE. Now all you have to do is make a ship mod where you can choose the loadout at the start and you might be able to steal DryEagle's old crown. :P
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:09 am

aaaaaa50 wrote:

Code: Select all

SENSOR UNITS UNNECESARY

...and low oxygen warning totally necessary. :mrgreen:

And there isn't one in AE! See, if you leave a bug alone long enough it goes away :D Though I think it's true what someone said in the Auto Scout thread: A scout without sensors is hardly a scout at all.

aaaaaa50 wrote:I think you should add the lifeform scanner augment to it. Because it would just feel cool and totally fits with the flavor. I do worry about being able to have Lanius crew, though I guess they could be considered non-biological. Also, have you considered making a custom artillery weapon for the ship? The old one's probably still the best fit for it, but since it's your ship you'd know best.

Here's an interesting side effect of sensors being mannable and auto ships having all systems act as manned: When you buy sensors, they're instantly at level 2!
I dropped the artillery beam and replaced it with a choice: Hacking OR Mind Control. I added 2 rooms, the aforementioned scanner room and a room for the battery. The ship's kind of small, and I really can't add any more rooms :)
And I don't mind the ability to get Laniuses on your crew. You can't hire them so you have to get them via events, so they'll be pretty rare. And there's no medbay so they'll eventually die unless you take VERY good care of them.

aaaaaa50 wrote:Also, I think you're my favorite ship-mod creator for FTL. Three of the ships on my list are yours, because they all have really unique play, and it's awesome that you're updating them for AE. Now all you have to do is make a ship mod where you can choose the loadout at the start and you might be able to steal DryEagle's old crown. :P

Awwww shucks :oops:

I'm not clever enough to do one of those "you build it yourself" mods. When I'm making my ships, though, I try my hardest to fill a niche that either isn't in the game already or isn't sufficiently filled. I think that's key to making a fun-to-play ship.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB

5thHorseman

Postby 5thHorseman » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:06 am

Oops I totally clicked "quote" instead of "edit" on the first post. I'm a n00b.

5thHorseman wrote:I have enough mods that it's hard to fit them all in my signature. I mean, keep track of them all. So here's a nice central location for them.

UPDATED TO ADVANCED EDITION
The Potential
My flagship. I'm glad I did this one first, and I'm glad I was able to keep the feel of the original in spite of the challenges presented by updating to AE.

Automated Scout

The Asteroid (BETA 2)
It lost the 4-man teleporter and the possibility for the crystal crewmember. But it gained a sweet new weapon and now you can fire-board all the ships you want. well, not ALL of them. The automated scouts will need to be drone-boarded instead.

"Low O2" Icons
Not updated per-se, but they still work in AE.

PENDING UPDATE TO ADVANCED EDITION
The Black Opal
I really can't wait to see how this plays in AE. I have many various ways to tweak it, including possibly a clone bay instead of the medbay. This will make the engi medibots not work anymore so I'm thinking of possibly making that a different augment. Not sure which one yet. Also: You can pick up Lanius crew!

ABANDONED/NOT UPDATING (convince me otherwise and I may change my mind)
The Enforcer
I made this for RAD-82 before he became an elite modder, and he's remade the ship closer to his vision. Also, I'm not sure how you'd nerf a 4-man teleporting ship with Zoltans. I'd love to see this with a clone bay. :D

The Pyro
A fun little ship for sure, but a bit of a one-trick pony. I think The Asteroid (above) is a superior fire/boarding ship with more interesting things going for it.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB