[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job (Download available!)

Postby stargateprovider » Fri May 22, 2015 12:24 pm

TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf wrote:Thought I would report a bug... I tried to allow my crew to fix a passing engi ship after it said it was an empty beacon. Then my game crashed! :lol:

Were You, by any chance, using an automated station?
There are a few bugs that can occur with stations that are without a crew.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf

Postby TheOneAndOnlyRuffDuf » Fri May 22, 2015 7:19 pm

Hmmm, I don't think so, but it could have been.
Captain Rover

Postby Captain Rover » Sun May 24, 2015 5:18 am

Quick question does the mod have any dependencies (Require other mods) to work, because when i try to use SSM to patch it in it says, "Patching failed: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream"
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Sun May 24, 2015 5:42 am

Captain Rover wrote:Quick question does the mod have any dependencies (Require other mods) to work, because when i try to use SSM to patch it in it says, "Patching failed: java.io.EOFException: Unexpected end of ZLIB input stream"

It shouldn't require other mods. You should reverify your game cache and try again. Maybe there's a stray mod that's causing problems.
baconpancakes9

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.c

Postby baconpancakes9 » Wed May 27, 2015 8:39 pm

this is very cool but after a quick test, I have this:

waaayyy too much crystal stuff. often you can find two crystal weapons in your store.

not enough events. after a single play I encountered the same events again and again...

45 jumps is not quite enough, on average with normal you get about 80! id say for this version 65 would be good.

however, stations were very well designed and balanced, gameplay was quite fun and I am looking foreword to future updates!
wow, this is a nice signature...
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 27, 2015 10:29 pm

baconpancakes9 wrote:this is very cool but after a quick test, I have this:

waaayyy too much crystal stuff. often you can find two crystal weapons in your store.

Too much Crystal stuff? I never get Crystal stuff in stores... I think the closest I ever got was with a Lockdown Bomb.
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Thu May 28, 2015 5:26 am

The good:
-Interesting concept
-Well thought out concept-wise
-Good lore and the events are fun

The bad:
-Maybe 5 ships at best are usable, the rest suck major ass
-The shops may randomize every now and then for one run, won't for another, even on Easy mode
-If the shops don't randomize, you're probably going to fail the final boss battle
-Terrible balance strikes more often than not, like facing a level 4 shields crystal ship for your first battle

I think the most important thing to do is make all the ships unique and viable in their own way. Just played an AI ship run, that was fun! But the starting shop was all I got, it didn't randomize like it did for the Kestral replacement or the Zoltan/Engi ships I tried. Too many ships were entirely poor to even consider using. Lots of ships have augmentations that make absolutely no sense. The Fregaditae, for example. This ship wants regenerative teleporting as an aug, so your dudes can heal to full every time they teleport. That would be fun! Instead it has... Emergency respirators??? Why?

I'm thinking of editing the ship files for myself, just to make them a bit more interesting. Will get back to you on that.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 28, 2015 5:42 am

The Fregaditae, for example. This ship wants regenerative teleporting as an aug, so your dudes can heal to full every time they teleport. That would be fun! Instead it has... Emergency respirators??? Why?

Maybe so it can take down automated ships without risking the crew too much? A reconstructive teleporter is a bit overpowered for the early-game.

Also, you encountered a 4-shield Crystal ship on your first call? I thought they scaled over time. It did on my run. Every time I thought I was getting a handle on the enemy ships, they upped their shields at what I thought was the appropriate time.
Rewards though... not-so-much. Still the same 10 Scrap for a tough foe.
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Thu May 28, 2015 6:21 am

stylesrj wrote:
The Fregaditae, for example. This ship wants regenerative teleporting as an aug, so your dudes can heal to full every time they teleport. That would be fun! Instead it has... Emergency respirators??? Why?

Maybe so it can take down automated ships without risking the crew too much? A reconstructive teleporter is a bit overpowered for the early-game.

Also, you encountered a 4-shield Crystal ship on your first call? I thought they scaled over time. It did on my run. Every time I thought I was getting a handle on the enemy ships, they upped their shields at what I thought was the appropriate time.
Rewards though... not-so-much. Still the same 10 Scrap for a tough foe.

Yeah, the scrap rewards were underwhelming.

Oh, and the Crystal Cruiser B is completely useless. It can't do anything and it has no weapons, teleporters, or drones. Let's pray that 30 starting scrap is enough to buy a randomly generated show weapon which will likely suck lol

Oh, and it only has one weapon level, 90% of the weapons cost more than 55 scrap and have two energy bars. To get a single weapon working, you'll need about 120 scrap! Woot!

Edit: I just fought off a crystal cruiser with level 2 shields, using the lanius ship with the teleporter. It took me about two minutes of boarding and killing. And my reward?

One drone part. Nothing else. RAGE.

Edit 2: Strange bug I found. http://puu.sh/i3o4L/85c444a313.png
^Basically that human joined me with a green level in all skills. I knew humans leveled skills faster but DAYUM.

Edit 3: Kazaaak is badass! Nice easter egg!

Edit 4: Again with the lone drone reward! Bullshit!
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu May 28, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks!
And to answer everything,

baconpancakes9 wrote:waaayyy too much crystal stuff. often you can find two crystal weapons in your store.

Crystal weapons are already as rare as they can be (rarity 5).

Klokinator wrote:-Terrible balance strikes more often than not, like facing a level 4 shields crystal ship for your first battle

That never happened to me and it shouldn't happen at all, so I'm not sure what's wrong.

And as far as I know, shops always randomize when a corresponding event takes place, but I'll check.
EDIT: A certain event was causing the problem, hopefully it's fixed now (version 0.d will come with the fix).

Klokinator wrote:-Maybe 5 ships at best are usable, the rest suck major ass

What exactly needs improving: Room layout or equipment?

stylesrj wrote:Rewards though... not-so-much. Still the same 10 Scrap for a tough foe.

And again, that should be fixed. Does that happen with every stronger foe or just some certain enemy?
EDIT: I think that may have been due to all enemy ship in the game having a maximum possible shield level of 8, I lowered it.
To see if it works, download version 0.d when it's out.
Last edited by stargateprovider on Sat May 30, 2015 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image