[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Russian Rockman

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 11, 2014 12:45 pm

That looks very cool. Does it actually fit in the target window though? That is big enough to fit 14 rooms in for the player though so that's good.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 12:49 pm

I haven't tested it, but I know it's roughly the same size as the Slug Station in terms of pixels width and height.

I know there is a recommended mod for use with CE and that makes the window larger, so the problem isn't that bad. hopefully. If there is one. :?

Edit:

Just checked, it's just a bit to high and it's to wide. On the extended version mod I think the width is a bit to much still but height is okay.

I will make the Captains Edition version a bit smaller. I try to push my size limits as far as possible because Crystal ships are pretty big, have you seen the crystal cruiser? it's bigger then the rebel flagship and rigger put together.

I can cut away the right part of the ship and I can easily shorten it, maybe re size it a bit as well.

Edit 2: actually I just got a resize and it seems to fit perfectly, no cutting parts away needed, but I will go check if it can fit rooms okay now.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 11, 2014 12:59 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I haven't tested it, but I know it's roughly the same size as the Slug Station in terms of pixels width and height.

I know there is a recommended mod for use with CE and that makes the window larger, so the problem isn't that bad. hopefully. If there is one. :?

I love bigger stations so if it's about the same size as the slug station that is fine, I just wanted to make sure it would work. :) Good job on it.

The only other concern I have is that it will conflict with the look of the AI ships now since Sleeper made them out of Crystal ship parts. Perhaps it could just use a few more Crystal exoskeleton parts.

And yes there is a mod that extends the targeting windows by about 20 pixels to the left and right.

EDIT: I wouldn't cut anything away. You could tuck in the left side a bit and get rid of the metal part a bit. Not sure about the height.

I also just remembered that CE has the asteroid station as well so we have that too. :) But that is it's own mod. It would be really interesting to have that as an add-on which causes all events to be an asteroid field, which sort of makes a new question arise...

Will there be environmental hazards in this mod? The slug station should always be in a nebula at least.
Last edited by Russian Rockman on Sun May 11, 2014 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 1:17 pm

http://i.imgur.com/wEhEppH.png

Well the one on the left is the new version, it can fit on the normal screen barely but some of the 'antenna' just poke it slightly. (it has an odd graphical glitch on superluminal atm... maybe because I didn't have a floor image? idk)

I can try tucking things in, but for now a simple resize can work.

The bigger station though would be best for this mod as it is the player ship and not the enemy.

(btw the slug station is a lie, the what I thought was a large size was mainly empty transparency, glow, and antenna, the actual main part of it is actually small. grrr!)

Lesson learned, use the actual window as a reference and not some random image dimensions that you did not double check visually.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun May 11, 2014 1:26 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:Well the one on the left is the new version, it can fit on the normal screen barely but some of the 'antenna' just poke it slightly. (it has an odd graphical glitch on superluminal atm... maybe because I didn't have a floor image? idk)

The bigger station though would be best for this mod as it is the player ship and not the enemy.

I'm not sure Sleeper will approve resizing because I remember him saying something about him messing up the resolution and stuff, but it shouldn't be too bad since you're decreasing the size rather than increasing it. Need to get his personal feedback.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sun May 11, 2014 6:01 pm

The "Fuzyness" and station position
It's just that everything in my FTL game looks fuzzy, outside the game the images are fine, as for the weapon placement, not final and I'll change that anyway, but that depends on the direction of the station. I think it would just look very strange having a station rotated 90°. It just wouldn't look like a station anymore, but if the weapons are pointed up, projectiles will still be flying from left. I can try something though. I counted the stations too, if R4V3-0N makes the type B crystal station, then there will be 16 stations in the mod.

The station inspector works very fine in the way I made it. Stores do get updated.

The beacon signal works the same way it works in vanilla if you have it on and more ships will come, if off then only a few.

There's one problem though about events that have multiple options (like FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS):
"Attack" or "Wait and see" for example
I made multiple blue options for different levels of Attack and that works fine
If I leave the Wait and see option white, then the enemy that may get spawned will always be the same level, but if i make it blue like the Attack option the only one of the options will appear (usually attack). max_group="0" and max_group="1" don't seem to make a difference either :|

If i didn't make it clear enough, then here's the code:
I haven't spend much time writing events, been mostly doing tooltips, misc, visuals, stations and augments

Code: Select all

<event name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS">
   <text>A curious Rock ship comes in for a closer look at you. They refuse all hails.</text>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="8" max_group="1">
      <text>(lvl 1) Attack.</text>
      <event>
         <text>The Rock people are not renowned for their kindness. If you want something, then you have to take it.</text>
         <ship load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS" hostile="true"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="12" max_group="1">
      <text>(lvl 2) Attack.</text>
      <event>
         <text>The Rock people are not renowned for their kindness. If you want something, then you have to take it.</text>
         <ship load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS2" hostile="true"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="16" max_group="1">
      <text>Attack.</text>
      <event>
         <ship load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS3" hostile="true"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="22" max_group="1">
      <text>Attack.</text>
      <event>
         <ship load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS4" hostile="true"/>
      </event>
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="8" max_group="1">
      <text>(lvl 1) Wait and see.</text>
      <event load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST"/>   
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="12" max_group="1">
      <text>(lvl 2) Wait and see.</text>
      <event load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST2"/>   
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="16" max_group="1">
      <text>(lvl 3) Wait and see.</text>
      <event load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST3"/>   
   </choice>
   <choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="22" max_group="1">
      <text>(lvl 4) Wait and see.</text>
      <event load="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST4"/>   
   </choice>
</event>
<eventList name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST">
   <event>
      <text>The Rock ship circles your station, running scans on your systems. You fear the worst, but the scans pause on your cafe. They obviously have no wish to communicate, but they rush in and leave you starving. It seems they were hungry and even leaved some scrap behind.</text>
      <item_modify>
         <item type="scrap" min="4" max="8"/>
      </item_modify>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>The Rock ship circles yours, running scans on your systems. Your worst fears are confirmed when they identify your engines and teleport a bomb straight onto it! Combat ready!</text>
      <status type="limit" target="player" system="engines" amount="0"/>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>The Rock ship circles yours, running scans on your systems. Your worst fears are confirmed when they identify your doors and teleport a bomb straight onto it! Furthermore your sensors detect boarders!</text>
      <boarders min="2" max="2" class="rock"/>
      <status type="limit" target="player" system="doors" amount="1"/>
   </event>
</eventList>
<eventList name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST2">
   <event>
      <text>The Rock ship circles your station, running scans on your systems. You fear the worst, but the scans pause on your cafe. They obviously have no wish to communicate, but they rush in and leave you starving. It seems they were hungry and even leaved some scrap behind.</text>
      <item_modify>
      </item_modify>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>The Rock ship circles yours, running scans on your systems. Your worst fears are confirmed when they identify your engines and teleport a bomb straight onto it! Combat ready!</text>
   </event>
   <event>
      <text>The Rock ship circles yours, running scans on your systems. Your worst fears are confirmed when they identify your doors and teleport a bomb straight onto it! Furthermore your sensors detect boarders!</text>
   </event>
</eventList>
<eventList name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST3">
   <event>
      <item_modify>
      </item_modify>
   </event>
   <event>
   </event>
   <event>
   </event>
</eventList>
<eventList name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS_LIST4">
   <event>
      <item_modify>
      </item_modify>
   </event>
   <event>
   </event>
   <event>
   </event>
</eventList>
<ship name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS" auto_blueprint="SHIPS_ROCK">
   <escape timer="80" min="30" max="30"/>
   <gotaway>
      <text>The ship jumps away without a word. You hope they didn't leave to get reinforcements.</text>
   </gotaway>
   <destroyed>
      <text>You take care to salvage as much scrap as possible from the wreck.</text>
      <autoReward level="LOW">scrap_only</autoReward>
      <status type="clear" target="player" system="pilot" amount="100"/>
   </destroyed>
   <deadCrew>
      <status type="clear" target="player" system="engines" amount="100"/>
   </deadCrew>
</ship>
<ship name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS2" auto_blueprint="SHIPS_ROCK_2">
   <gotaway>
      <text>The ship jumps away without a word. You hope they didn't leave to get reinforcements.</text>
   </gotaway>
   <destroyed>
   </destroyed>
   <deadCrew>
   </deadCrew>
</ship>
<ship name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS3" auto_blueprint="SHIPS_ROCK_3">
   <gotaway>
   </gotaway>
   <destroyed>
   </destroyed>
   <deadCrew>
      <autoReward level="MED">scrap_only</autoReward>
   </deadCrew>
</ship>
<ship name="FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS4" auto_blueprint="SHIPS_ROCK_4">
   <gotaway>
   </gotaway>
   <destroyed>
   </destroyed>
   <deadCrew>
   </deadCrew>
</ship>
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Sun May 11, 2014 7:31 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:
R4V3-0N wrote:Well the one on the left is the new version, it can fit on the normal screen barely but some of the 'antenna' just poke it slightly. (it has an odd graphical glitch on superluminal atm... maybe because I didn't have a floor image? idk)

I'm not sure Sleeper will approve resizing because I remember him saying something about him messing up the resolution and stuff, but it shouldn't be too bad since you're decreasing the size rather than increasing it. Need to get his personal feedback.

Well it is a crystal ship, it is a bit more detailed then all the other ships if you look at them again. Anyway, I can easily shift the parts closer to the middle, shave some off on the right, and tada.

Edit: Meanwhile I kind of got to it. I'll post it on the CE thread this only, Mainly because I think this large ship should be the player one for this mod. To make the crystal ship a bit more interesting. (and cooler)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
aaaaaa50

Postby aaaaaa50 » Mon May 12, 2014 5:13 am

stargateprovider wrote:The "Fuzyness" and station position
It's just that everything in my FTL game looks fuzzy, outside the game the images are fine,

That might be the resolution setting you're using. Have you tried setting the game in windowed mode?
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Mon May 12, 2014 2:57 pm

stargateprovider wrote:There's one problem though about events that have multiple options (like FUEL_OFF_ROCK_CURIOUS):
"Attack" or "Wait and see" for example
I made multiple blue options for different levels of Attack and that works fine
If I leave the Wait and see option white, then the enemy that may get spawned will always be the same level, but if i make it blue like the Attack option the only one of the options will appear (usually attack). max_group="0" and max_group="1" don't seem to make a difference either :|

It seems the max_group attribute may be completely useless or redundant since you can apply an upper bound to your requirements now with max_lvl. I suppose there could be a situation where max_group could be useful, but I fail to see it.

These don't seem like "blue" options, so you may also want to add blue="false" to make them look normal.

<choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="8" max_lvl="11" blue="false">
<choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="12" max_lvl="15" blue="false">
<choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="16" max_lvl="21" blue="false">
<choice hidden="true" req="reactor" lvl="22" max_lvl="25" blue="false">

I'm sure that last one didn't need a max, but I added it anyways for consistency.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue May 13, 2014 11:12 am

I've been busy lately.

Quick question are you interested in the crystal station and if so you want me to make the gibs and stuff?

And are you interested in the CE one (smaller and more trimmed down) or the large one I posted here?

If you want to make the gibs then fine by me, But I can make crystal type B's in seconds so after you finished send it over to me and I'll give them back ASAP. :)
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.