[MOD] Stations Job 1.21

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stargateprovider

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.h

Postby stargateprovider » Tue May 03, 2016 4:28 pm

Superbeanz111 wrote:Hello, I'm no expert at modding-- hell-- I don't even know how to do anything with it besides install them, but I would like to make some Suggestions.

#1 Would it be possible to make CE compatible with the mod in a way that you can do things such as Socialize with your crew and other things?

#2 Would it be possible to make the Rebel station more... Rebel? What I mean is; When i'm playing PRS I always think to myself: "Man, I'd like to play as one of the space stations, but actually be a rebel."
Also would you be able to do something around the same lines except for Pirates?

#3 Will you add any mod support for others, such as: Being able to make custom Stations, or Total conversions... For this mod?

If you're able to get back to me, then thanks, and I'd like to know if anything like what i said above would be possible! <3

1. I could make an add-on, that you could use along with CE, although I'd rather try "integrating" the compatibility. It is a little complicated and I've tried it before, but the game started crashing and I left it out that time.

2. Probably not, unless I make another optional add-on or augment for rebel stations, because those are the only ways I know, that allow to create custom conditions/scenarios for one particular station (with current modding tools).

3. You mean make mods of this mod? It is licensed under Creative Commons, so anyone can modify and publish it if they give credit to the original.
Some of my FTL mods you may like, or hate, or... yeah:
Image Image
Superbeanz111

Postby Superbeanz111 » Fri May 13, 2016 1:46 am

stargateprovider wrote:
Superbeanz111 wrote:Hello, I'm no expert at modding-- hell-- I don't even know how to do anything with it besides install them, but I would like to make some Suggestions.

#1 Would it be possible to make CE compatible with the mod in a way that you can do things such as Socialize with your crew and other things?

#2 Would it be possible to make the Rebel station more... Rebel? What I mean is; When i'm playing PRS I always think to myself: "Man, I'd like to play as one of the space stations, but actually be a rebel."
Also would you be able to do something around the same lines except for Pirates?

#3 Will you add any mod support for others, such as: Being able to make custom Stations, or Total conversions... For this mod?

If you're able to get back to me, then thanks, and I'd like to know if anything like what i said above would be possible! <3

1. I could make an add-on, that you could use along with CE, although I'd rather try "integrating" the compatibility. It is a little complicated and I've tried it before, but the game started crashing and I left it out that time.

2. Probably not, unless I make another optional add-on or augment for rebel stations, because those are the only ways I know, that allow to create custom conditions/scenarios for one particular station (with current modding tools).

3. You mean make mods of this mod? It is licensed under Creative Commons, so anyone can modify and publish it if they give credit to the original.

Okay, thank you for the Response!!
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Superbeanz111 wrote:Would it be possible to make CE compatible with the mod in a way that you can do things such as Socialize with your crew and other things?

It took some time, but SJ should now be more compatible with CE and potentially other mods as well. I think.

If you have CE installed,
You can socialize with the crew (although it's not as useful right now as in CE)
You can use the manufacturing augments to produce ammo and drones
CE's AE weapons and drones that previously didn't appear, should now appear in the store

And if I find a way to add more features, I will.
Image Image
Anduqwer

Re: [MOD][WIP] Stations Job 0.i

Postby Anduqwer » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:16 pm

Glad to see the mod still alive.

I went ahead and recoloured some of the type c stations in my spare time (Damn if I would have thought about doing this earlier i could have added the slug b but you already got that out of the way).
They may not be perfect but feel free to use them if you want. I've done the rock type c and the zoltan type c.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/euyy85vjn1zg3ha/Stations%20job%20stuff.rar?dl=0

Let me know what you think.
stargateprovider

Postby stargateprovider » Thu Sep 01, 2016 10:31 am

Wow, thanks a lot. I actually thought I'd stop adding new stations after the Slug B, because I decided that I don't want to do all the recolouring... These look great though, I'll add 'em next time!
Image Image
Anduqwer

Postby Anduqwer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 5:13 pm

stargateprovider wrote:Wow, thanks a lot. I actually thought I'd stop adding new stations after the Slug B, because I decided that I don't want to do all the recolouring... These look great though, I'll add 'em next time!

Glad to know you like 'em. If you want I can recolour the rest and upload those too.

I don't know who made the colour pallet for slug ships but it kinda feels like it was made especially to piss people off. I started some work on slug c and I swear to god I gave up within 5 minutes.
I think I'm going to do mantis c first then procrastinate for a few weeks before doing slug c. Hopefully I'll make it with my sanity intact.

Zoltan c was pretty hard but being my first recolour probably had something to do with it.
On the other hand rock c was such a breeze I wish all of the ships were like it. I wasn't even awake through most of it.

Also let me know if there are any problems and I'll see what I can do.

Back to work then.
Anduqwer

Postby Anduqwer » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:47 pm

I just finished mantis c so I'm gonna put a link here if you want it.
Only after staying zoomed in for hours do you notice how straining it is to just look at the colour scheme for mantis type a.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n07658ai3tkjnnl/Mantis%20station%20c.rar?dl=0

I'm particularly proud of this one. I like how the lights ended up even though it was a pain to put them there.
I almost considered removing them from the gibs while trying to convince myself that it was canon since lights wouldn't work on a broken station but I ended up putting them there anyways.

Tell me If something feels off and I'll see what I can do.

Gonna hit the sack for now maybe ill get slug c done tommorow.

Edit: Added a missing light for extra symmetry.
kestrelfan

Postby kestrelfan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:06 pm

right my proper review so far this mod is in my opinion brilliant i love the gameplay side as you can expirience the fun of ftl from your own space station all in all this mod is awsome
9/10
Dont Call it a comeback, I've been here for years

I just surf the forums for new mods and nostalgia at this point, that's about it
a_twelve_year_old

Postby a_twelve_year_old » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:35 am

Cool! I'm excited for this mod and I hope that it turns out well.

In case you don't like your original hulls for the Zoltan station, I have some hull images I created after school. I think one of them looks half decent, so maybe you could take a look at them if you need some stations for the Zoltan.

here's a link to it: http://imgur.com/a/h8i3a
Btw I can make gibs if you decide to implement this hull.
Superbeanz111

Postby Superbeanz111 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 11:55 pm

Hey! Nice to see this mod is still alive.

Now I hate to overload you, but I also have some MORE ideas for the mod, if you need any.

1, Mining stations: Now the asteroid station may be technically a 'mining' station, however my idea is this: Extractor 2.3/1.1, Permanent asteroid field, More events to mine, and a Drone station with a defense drone 2.

You could mine away at the asteroids while defending your station from being damaged by them.

2, Pirate-focused Stations: While yes, you have the pirate stations, I'd LOVE to see the options as maybe an augment to force people to pay tolls, or maybe have a reputation as a pirate station? (Such as more pirates come looking to join your crew, or more rebel/federation encounters coming to stop your evil doings.)

3, More Trading: Now it may be difficult to keep adding augments, however what if there was an augment so that way more ships came specifically to trade with you? Your station would focus more on Drones, Shields, Hull, and boarding rather then weaponry. You can use your Trading augment to do things such as negotiate lower prices on default, Buy prisoners by bribing Federation/Rebel ships, and maybe even pay mining ships to leave and come back later with a shipment of scrap or ore (If they don't get destroyed on the way.)

4, Larger Crew: What's bothered me is that while my space station is supposed to be big, fat, and Filled to the brim with units, however we're still stuck at the 6-7 unit cap. It would be nice to see things such as more chairs in the cockpit, More terminals in the shield/weapon rooms, maybe even common terminals in Thruster rooms for +3 Evade?

Anyways, that's all I have for now. I'll be waiting to see your response!

~~Love, Superbeanz111