[Ship] Law / Outlaw vAE.1.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
RAD-82

[Ship] Law / Outlaw vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:31 am

*Old AE.1 Scavenger hanger from 1.5.x, so you can compare differences to the new 1.6.x hanger if you wanted to

Install with Slipstream Mod Manager

MediaFire Download Link AE.1.1 - Replaces Zoltan-A and Zoltan-B

Code: Select all

Initial Release of 1.0:
-The Enforcer, produced by 5thHorseman; http://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=17191

Changes for 1.82:
-Updated by RAD-82 to look more like the original vision, plus a few other changes
-Read about those things here: http://www.subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=17191&start=10#p63404
-Added Type-B, The Scavenger, an illegal mining ship

Update for AE.1:
-Updated for AE compatibility
-Rebuilt room layouts from scratch
-Fixed weapon mounts; RAD-82 wasn't very good at placing them in Superluminal for the 1.82 update
-Increased weapon slots by 1; can now use as many weapons as enemy Zoltan bombers
-Enforcer: Low reactor power costs more in Advanced Edition, added 1 system power to weapons to compensate
-Scavenger: New room layout; expanded upon the new layout used by pirates in AE
-Scavenger: Removed starting shield system as it is no longer required to work the Zoltan shield
-Reworked starting weapons for Scavenger
-Hydra: Now has nine heads and will work at stores; increased missile use by 1
-Pike Beam: Slightly decreased range and beam speed, uses an extra power, but charges slightly faster, deals double damage to systemless rooms, and has a good breach chance

Update for AE.1.1:
-Improved starting conditions for Scavenger: now starts with door system, lvl 2 battery, more missiles and drones, and both weapons take 2 power instead of 3
-New weapon graphics for the Scavenger's weapons
-Hydra: Decreased missile production cost from 3.3 scrap to 2-3 scrap.  With decreased power cost, charge time has been increased by .8
-Modified Pike Beam: Decreased range and breach chance.  With decreased power cost, it is now better than a hull beam.
-Fixed a Hydra event that had unintended beneficial outcome; must not have paid attention when I originally wrote it

The Enforcer - An elite Zoltan boarder police cruiser. Starts with 7 Zoltans and no reactor power. Why is this ship called elite? It doesn't even have a Zoltan Shield Bypass unit like the normal boarder police.

The Scavenger - An illegal mining vessel. Uses the Zoltan shield and big engines to escape danger, and low energy output to avoid detection. Weapons are designed for mining rather than combat, but they can still be quite dangerous, especially the Hydra Missile System. Uses a defense drone to protect against asteroids when mining.

Notes: The new AE Hydra uses the new Swarm Missile mechanics. It doesn't quite work how I expected it to, but the result is close enough to how it should be.

Videos:
5thHorseman (Enforcer v1.0; 5 episodes)
BrenTenkage (Enforcer vAE.1)
Rand118 (Scavenger vAE.1.1)

Credits:
FTL, Slipstream, Notepad, PSP7
Pre-AE credits:
5thHorseman and Superluminal
Last edited by RAD-82 on Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:02 am, edited 9 times in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
MightyKebab

Re: [Ship] Law / Outlaw vAE.1

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:57 pm

Nice job bringing your legend back but...

PLEASE... Just.. Give the Enforcer a Clone Bay, or atleast make an alternate version for it. I mean, I'm sure we've all been anticipating a zoltan kamikaze boarding ship :lol:
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 pm

MightyKebab wrote:PLEASE... Just.. Give the Enforcer a Clone Bay, or atleast make an alternate version for it. I mean, I'm sure we've all been anticipating a zoltan kamikaze boarding ship :lol:

Is finding a shop with a Clone Bay in stock too difficult? :P

I've already determined that I'm not going to make a Zoltan kamikaze boarding ship. This ship is the closest I'll come to it.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:40 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
MightyKebab wrote:PLEASE... Just.. Give the Enforcer a Clone Bay, or atleast make an alternate version for it. I mean, I'm sure we've all been anticipating a zoltan kamikaze boarding ship :lol:

Is finding a shop with a Clone Bay in stock too difficult? :P

I've already determined that I'm not going to make a Zoltan kamikaze boarding ship. This ship is the closest I'll come to it.

Ohwell.

Speaking of which, I looked into the blueprints and well, found out that the Clone Bay's room image is missing. Is this related to Clonebay's Medbay-replacing mechanics or just a small mistake you've made?

(And yes I did try to modify it :ugeek: )
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 pm

MightyKebab wrote:Speaking of which, I looked into the blueprints and well, found out that the Clone Bay's room image is missing. Is this related to Clonebay's Medbay-replacing mechanics or just a small mistake you've made?

(And yes I did try to modify it :ugeek: )

I've never tried to make a room image for the Clone Bay. From what I've seen from the vanilla ships, they don't have any, so I figured it works like the teleporter graphics. The reason the slot number on the Clone Bay isn't "-2" is because the game places the clone machine graphic there. The "-2" that the Medbay uses would just cause the clone graphic to show above the room, which just doesn't look right, unless you designed a ship specifically for that kind of display.

Note: If you are modifying the files, you only have to set the Clone Bay start to true. You don't need to set the Medbay to false because the Clone Bay will override it since it is the last of the two. Although, just for OCD reasons, you should set Medbay to false.
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri May 23, 2014 1:50 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j-fNtA ... e=youtu.be
I had fun with this ^_^ Hope you enjoy the video
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri May 23, 2014 6:11 am

You played a boarding ship and made it to sector 8 without using your teleporter once. I clearly made a mistake in giving that extra weapon power in the AE update. :P

I think I have other ships that would be easier to play. They don't all have challenging starting conditions like these two ships.

*I need to change my signature
BrenTenkage

Postby BrenTenkage » Fri May 23, 2014 6:33 am

RAD-82 wrote:You played a boarding ship and made it to sector 8 without using your teleporter once. I clearly made a mistake in giving that extra weapon power in the AE update. :P

I think I have other ships that would be easier to play. They don't all have challenging starting conditions like these two ships.

*I need to change my signature

I'll try em out, and the reason I didn't use the teleporter, not enough guys who could be used for it. zoltrans are needed for batteries and engi are worthless as fighters, only one human. My suggestion is to put something else in if we are just starting with Zoltan in my opinion

Also my aplogy for the language, didn't know you didn't like it (or rather I forgot from the Christmas Video)^_^ next time I use one of your ships I will watch my tongue ok ^_^
I make a lot of lets plays of FTL, I also use mods I find on this site http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 06hca_PXuX
I am also a modder as well, here is my mod hub viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32269
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Law / Outlaw vAE.1.1

Postby RAD-82 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:36 am

Scavenger Update!
No change to Enforcer.

I decided to check out my Hydra weapon in FTL 1.6, because it is a multi-shot burst weapon. Weapons like these fail to "burst" properly until they get to the last shot. It has been brought to the devs attention before, but it looks like it still hasn't been fixed.

Then I noticed how horrible the Scavenger was. It was clearly designed to run from fights, but I don't think that is very fun and certainly decreases your chances for success. So I've updated it so it can actually fight now. The Backup Battery is stronger now, and you start with doors. Why didn't they have doors before? Were they really poor?

Both weapons used to require 3 power, but that has been decreased to 2, allowing you to power both of them at the same time. You also start with more missiles, so you can be in more fights. Some other stats on the weapons have been slightly altered, but those don't really matter much.

The Hydra Missile System and Modified Pike Beam used to use vanilla graphics, but I've replaced those with custom ones!

Now I wish I had a different name than Modified Pike Beam, but I'm not going back to change it.