[Ship] Resonance vAE.1

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: [Ship] Resonance

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:49 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:You got me excited for a sec thinking you found a way to add images to system less rooms, but then I figured out it was just the floor image, oh well.

I'm speculating here, but this might actually be possible the same way you did stuff in the hangar. ;) You just have to plan ahead how the layout will look and need a room with a system in the upper left position of the ship. That room could then get a very large room image that covers all the systemless rooms as well.

Not sure if that image is displayed in top of these systemless rooms though. Maybe someone feels like testing this... if this works, it could be very interesting for ship creators.
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:You just have to plan ahead how the layout will look and need a room with a system in the upper left position of the ship. That room could then get a very large room image that covers all the systemless rooms as well.

Unfortunately that wouldn't work, since interior images are stretched to fit perfectly inside the system's room :(

Regarding the ship, I really like it. Like Kieve said, purple is pretty, and the room layout is very nice, too.
RAD-82 wrote:kartoFlane for unnecessary addition

Why unnecessary, tho? Image
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat Mar 29, 2014 4:48 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:That room could then get a very large room image that covers all the systemless rooms as well.

Room images are re-sized to fit the room they are assigned to. This is apparent in a lot of ship mods where the modder didn't assign custom images for their systems and the images end up stretched or squished.

edit: Since I'm making another edit, I may as well mention here that as of AE, the stretching of room images no longer occurs.

Ninja'd :roll:

kartoFlane wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:kartoFlane for unnecessary addition

Why unnecessary, tho? Image

Engi pirate ships have nothing to do with Crystals.

Estel wrote:Actually, you can pull infinite amount of people at the same time - by placing 4 of them stationary, and any_amount running back and forth through same room, then teleporting them all back.

No, the 1.03.3 patch limited the teleporter to 4 people. Given the situation you mentioned, I don't know how it decides who to leave behind.

Russian Rockman wrote:If I may ask. How did you go about recoloring the ship? I took a stab at making yellow, green, and purple crystal ships in Gimp just using colorize. (I'm a pixel art noob). I came out with stuff I thought was OK, but nothing I was happy with. I would really like it if you made an Emerald ship too. And maybe a diamond ship that was really light blue, white, or yellow (yeah there's yellow diamonds).

I didn't use GIMP, but I did use Colorize. (I'm a pixel art noob, too. That's why I have two playable ship mods that are still marked as WIP :( ). I just selected all of the crystal parts of the Bravais and used Colorize with a hue of 192 and saturation of 128.

Edit (near end of April): Removed attached images (Recolored Crystal Cruisers), so they will no longer apply to my attachment limit. Copied them into an imgur gallery.
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Mar 29, 2014 5:59 pm

kartoFlane wrote:Unfortunately that wouldn't work, since interior images are stretched to fit perfectly inside the system's room :(

Ah right, didn't remember that. It's a shame this doesn't work. :|
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sun Mar 30, 2014 2:18 am

RAD-82 wrote:I didn't use GIMP, but I did use Colorize. (I'm a pixel art noob, too. That's why I have two playable ship mods that are still marked as WIP :( ). I just selected all of the crystal parts of the Bravais and used Colorize with a hue of 192 and saturation of 128.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
:mrgreen: !!!! THANK YOU!

I can't believe you actually made those. They look awesome! Not many recolors of the crystal ships. I will have a lot of fun making custom ships out of those.

Glad I was going about the recolor the right way, kind of. Mine looked to solid and brightly colored.
RAD-82

Re: [Ship] Resonance vAE.1

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:06 am

Updated for Advanced Edition!

This is just a ship mod now. All the extra content that I added before has been removed, but it shall return in a new mod: Crystal Cataclysm. It will add even more crystal weapons, such as fiery red, stunning yellow, and breaching green. I probably won't get around to it until I finished updating all of my other mods.

Since AE fixed the bug with system repair bombs, the Harmony Bomb now adds 1 system repair. Healing from the bomb has been increased to 60 health. It appears that the -1 hull damage and -1 system damage counter the 2 damage done by the 1 ion damage, so it is useless to try and use the ion properties of the Harmony Bomb on a Zoltan shield.

With the new crew variants of AE, you are no longer stuck with the purple Crystals that I had previously added. I still had to add a purple variant, since AE only came with blue variants.

AE also comes with new sounds and explosions for the crystal weapons. That's nice. :D

I guess boarding is more difficult now, since enemy crews start at their stations now. No longer can you teleport into weapons and lock it down to knock out a weapon level before you actually start fighting the crew. :(
Flypaste

Postby Flypaste » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:39 am

Is it possible to make it a type C?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:55 am

Flypaste wrote:Is it possible to make it a type C?

No, I tried that. The game just isn't coded for a Type-C Crystal Cruiser. :(

Of course, I could make it a type C for a different ship, but I'd rather keep it in the Crystal slot.
R4V3-0N

Postby R4V3-0N » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:51 am

I was gonna make a purple crystal ship damn it! I even just finished the cool crystal weapons for it.

ANYWAY this is a very well done ship and I love what you did with the teleporter. You did a good job.

Edit: massive lag.... I posted this like 13 hours ago or something... maybe 14, back when there are only 3 replies... wow.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sat May 03, 2014 1:27 am

Just released the DLC, Crystal Cataclysm. This will allow you to integrate more Crystals into the main game, like Resonance did before the AE update. However, it now includes a greater variety of Crystal weapons, quite possibly making some of your enemies rather dangerous.