[Ship] Death Star (a complete rework)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kieve

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby Kieve » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:22 am

Thanatos wrote:Would have totally asked both of them for permission first. Started just with the idea of creating a privat mod for my own and there is no way to contact both of them since they didnt leave any contact informations.
Hoping to reach them here. Thats why I gave both of them the entire Credits for the created Mod and thought that would be ok untill they tell me otherwise.
But since im fairly new to modding and unfamiliar with the "Code of Honor" I will put the files offline when you guys tell me its better that way.

NonPlayableYoshi wrote: when did the death star get a ftl drive? last I recalled it was as big as a F***ING planet, had more crew and ...full of death. not that I care i'm just pointing it out.

Of course you are right buddy, but there is nothing we can do about it. But since it's that massive it starts with just 1 Reactor point. The only other option would be not playing with a Death Star... your choice.

Given the circumstances (and PM restrictions) it's understandable. What English said isn't wrong, it is generally considered bad form to use resources without contacting the owners, but failing that you did give proper credit, which is commendable. I do suggest editing your OP to provide links to the original mods (as a courtesy), and to contact them via PM when you are able.

It's for a similar reason that I started including a "readme" file in the Obsidian Cruiser's download, which has my email for those who can't PM. "Ton of bricks" might be putting it a little harshly though :lol: , I only get mean if someone takes my work and then tries to pass it off as their own.
Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:30 am

Thanks for that advice buddy, gave Links for both of their Mods as you recommended.
Thanatos

Postby Thanatos » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:15 pm

completely reworked the entire mod now with own images etc, check the first post for a few more infos.
hope you guys enjoy it that way.
ahhh, and since im not a native speaker i doubt my startquest is flawless, so if you guys find some typos or grammar mistakes or whatsoever pls inform me and i will fix them. would realy appreciate that ;)
wasnt too sure about the balance of the mod as well, tried to script the speed of those drones to fit a nice gameexperience so tell me if they are too fast/slow or whatever you else think might need a change. did 2 entire playthroughs since my last changes and felt it wasnt too far away from a nice balance. so a new pair of eyes checking it would be kinda cool.

and finaly a last question xD how can i recolor the beam ? do i have to unpack the data files, search for the beam i use and photoshop it green then pack the changed files into the ftl ? found normal laser shots like the ones for the drones and it worked, but dindt found the beam, just the shooting animation of it... but when im changing it green its just the animation, beam still is red. did i missed something ?

as future plans:

changing the death star beam to a greenish color with its own animation and maybe weapon image (if i dont hide that weapon completely since its normaly not supposed to be shot from a normal weapon).

add a few more drones like the tie bomber or a lambda class shuttle. maybe even spawning bigger drones as stardestroyers who knows...sending out 3 little tie fighters instead of one per drone would be cool as well.

changing the drones from atack/defense drone to something more special, so enemy ships are not using your drones as well.

if that is done and im still willing to mod instead of playing around with all that new mods here i guess im trying to create more starwars like ships like a star destroyer, tie fighter, boba fets shuttle, the millenium falcon etc. who knows what will realy come next ;)

sincere regards thanatos