[Ship] Death Star (a complete rework)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Thanatos
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:47 pm

[Ship] Death Star (a complete rework)

Postby Thanatos » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:18 pm

Completely Overworked the Imperial Deathstar. No more ressources from other modders.

It contains a new menu:
Image

Your ship is basicly a AI ship starting with just a small beam weapon and a defense drone:
Image

When you start the game there will be a small event with a few pages where your characters will be intruduced.
You will get 3 humans in totall and 2 lvl 1 atack drones:
Image

Every room got a unique layout with lights on the floor marking the way between the doors. The drone room is basicly the Star Destroyer hangar which even got a tiny Tie Fighter stored in it.

The Star Destroyer comes with 4 unique drones as their main atack power.
A Tie Fighter, Advanced Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor and Tie Defender.
Image
Image
Image
Image

All 4 drones got the typical star wars sounds when starting and the star wars shooting sounds.

The Explosion of the Death Star is quite detailed with breaking apart and creating more than 10 pieces of Scrap.

Cloaking and Boarding are potentially available as well. Cloaking image is 70% transparent so you are able to see the Planets and Stars behind your Ship if cloaked.

Augementations:
Death Star Plating which is basicly a renamed Rock Plating with a new description because i like the pirating abbility that comes with the Captains Edition (viewtopic.php?f=11&t=15663).

Death Star Shield which is basicly a Zoltan Sshield with a new name and description.

Death Star Hangar which is basicly a Drone Recovery Arm with a new description.

Important: You cant have an Artillery Beam mounted on the Death Star since i didnt liked the UI glitch when you got more weapons, so dont waste your money buying it.


I highly recommend playing it with the "better Planets" Mod since the Death Star Layout and its cloaking ability synergize greatly with those awesome pictures.


Download:
Death-Star.ftl
Last edited by Thanatos on Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:48 am, edited 5 times in total.
English Narwhal
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Location: High Orbit

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:03 am

As cool as this is, it's considered bad taste to use other modder's resources, unless said mod is Captain's Edition. If you have to, have an actual link to the relevant threads- and ASK the modder for permission.
I know for a fact that Kieve will come down on people like a ton of bricks if they use his resources.
Image
English Narwhal
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Location: High Orbit

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:06 am

English Narwhal wrote:As cool as this is, it's considered bad taste to use other modder's resources, unless said mod is Captain's Edition. If you have to, have an actual link to the relevant threads- and ASK the modder for permission.
I know for a fact that Kieve will come down on people like a ton of bricks if they use his resources.

What I FORGOT to say was that I think that your first foray into modding was quite successful! It's a pretty neat ship.
Image
theDoomBox

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby theDoomBox » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:20 am

This looks likes a fun mod! What Narwhal said though(What do you go by? Is Narwhal good?) is very true. Its okay to take similar ideas, or make a spinoff of a particular ship you like, but its best not to take things directly from another creator, as it is plagiarism, and not only that but making the things yourself helps you get more easily accustomed to making mods. Other then that, looks fun! Also, for the Artillery beam, I'm pretty sure it needs to count as your "5th" weapon slot. I'm not an expert, but that could cause a problem I would imagine.
English Narwhal
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Location: High Orbit

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:21 am

theDoomBox wrote:This looks likes a fun mod! What Narwhal said though(What do you go by? Is Narwhal good?) is very true. Its okay to take similar ideas, or make a spinoff of a particular ship you like, but its best not to take things directly from another creator, as it is plagiarism, and not only that but making the things yourself helps you get more easily accustomed to making mods. Other then that, looks fun! Also, for the Artillery beam, I'm pretty sure it needs to count as your "5th" weapon slot. I'm not an expert, but that could cause a problem I would imagine.

Yeah, call me whatever you want!
Image
NonPlayableYoshi
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:26 am

when did the death star get a ftl drive? last I recalled it was as big as a F***ING planet, had more crew and ...full of death. not that I care i'm just pointing it out. anyway great mod
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
English Narwhal
Posts: 402
Joined: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:12 pm
Location: High Orbit

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby English Narwhal » Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 am

NonPlayableYoshi wrote:when did the death star get a ftl drive? last I recalled it was as big as a F***ING planet, had more crew and ...full of death. not that I care i'm just pointing it out.

Can you explain why this matters?
Image
NonPlayableYoshi
Posts: 55
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:00 pm

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:33 am

English Narwhal wrote:
NonPlayableYoshi wrote:when did the death star get a ftl drive? last I recalled it was as big as a F***ING planet, had more crew and ...full of death. not that I care i'm just pointing it out.

Can you explain why this matters?


It makes no sense...as i said
NonPlayableYoshi wrote:not that I care i'm just pointing it out.
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
agigabyte
Posts: 551
Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 1:59 am

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby agigabyte » Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:41 am

I think he is asking why the size and crew matter concerning the FTL.
Thanatos
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 10:47 pm

Re: [Ship] Death Star

Postby Thanatos » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:03 am

Would have totally asked both of them for permission first. Started just with the idea of creating a privat mod for my own and there is no way to contact both of them since they didnt leave any contact informations.
Hoping to reach them here. Thats why I gave both of them the entire Credits for the created Mod and thought that would be ok untill they tell me otherwise.
But since im fairly new to modding and unfamiliar with the "Code of Honor" I will put the files offline when you guys tell me its better that way.

NonPlayableYoshi wrote: when did the death star get a ftl drive? last I recalled it was as big as a F***ING planet, had more crew and ...full of death. not that I care i'm just pointing it out.


Of course you are right buddy, but there is nothing we can do about it. But since it's that massive it starts with just 1 Reactor point. The only other option would be not playing with a Death Star... your choice.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 47 guests