combined Infinite space and Captain's edition (lots of bugs)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
NonPlayableYoshi

combined Infinite space and Captain's edition (lots of bugs)

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:06 pm

EDIT:after some testing i found it has too many bugs.
the main thing is that the enemies are not as hard as enemies in infinite space
and i don't think there is ever a empty beacon

Yea the subject speaks for itself.
Step 1: Use the Slipstream Mod Manager
Step 2:Download the New Captain edition and infinite space
Step 3:Make sure Infinite space installs AFTER captains
Step 3.5: IF they don't it will say captain's edition on the title and not infinite space. if that happens then rename infinite space to have the letter Z in front of it like so: ZInfinite_Space.ftl

the captain editions events still work so do infinite space
not sure about all of them. but for the most part its like playing the games combined
Last edited by NonPlayableYoshi on Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Captain Ace's Journey
This is the story of Ace the mantis.
agigabyte

Re: Wow...I combined Infinite space and Captain's edition

Postby agigabyte » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:09 pm

You are now a suedo modder, congrats. (Really, thanks)
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:16 pm

agigabyte wrote:You are now a suedo modder, congrats. (Really, thanks)

just doing my job as a psuedo modder (yes i know what that means)
Captain Ace's Journey
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:21 pm

I wouldn't descrihe what you would get from CE as working though. IS will override most of its stuff.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:22 pm

Can the devs of these mods pop in and let us know what possible conflicts we might run into using this method? and thanks for posting this method, a lot of people were looking for something like this.
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:25 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Can the devs of these mods pop in and let us know what possible conflicts we might run into using this method? and thanks for posting this method, a lot of people were looking for something like this.

well i did some test runs and it works great from what i seen but yea i'm sure there are some bugs
it for the most part works like you think it will.
infinite space with the events of captain's edition
Captain Ace's Journey
05eolsale

Postby 05eolsale » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:00 pm

To be honest i did this one month ago and i told it on the CE page but got told it was not possible

edit: also if you get disablefleet mod after CE then disable fleet works
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:26 pm

ScubaSteve3465 wrote:Can the devs of these mods pop in and let us know what possible conflicts we might run into using this method? and thanks for posting this method, a lot of people were looking for something like this.

Cant be sure but I can offer some speculations:
A lot of CE events will indeed be overwritten and never appear. Weapons and gear might appear, depending on which lists IS changes . Not sure if contextual augments will work. The CE events that actually appear will probably still call their own ship events, using regular enemies. Enemies from these events will quickly fall behind as the player progress, because enemies do not automatically scale in IS.

Loading the mods together is not at all a new idea by the way, people did indeed do this before. I thought that this is the usual thing friends of these mods try out sooner or later. :roll:
NonPlayableYoshi

Postby NonPlayableYoshi » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:03 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:

Cant be sure but I can offer some speculations:
A lot of CE events will indeed be overwritten and never appear. Weapons and gear might appear, depending on which lists IS changes . Not sure if contextual augments will work. The CE events that actually appear will probably still call their own ship events, using regular enemies. Enemies from these events will quickly fall behind as the player progress, because enemies do not automatically scale in IS.

Loading the mods together is not at all a new idea by the way, people did indeed do this before. I thought that this is the usual thing friends of these mods try out sooner or later. :roll:

ok well people have done it before. but this is the first time it worked out this way for me thats why i posted it. i play tested it like i said. and ill have to replay to test it and see how hard the enemys are.
but for the most part it works great and yes the contextual augments will work. i'm not sure if they work with everything
Captain Ace's Journey
_Leguan12_

Re: combined Infinite space and Captain's edition (lots of b

Postby _Leguan12_ » Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:43 am

What you did to combine CE and IS only works because SMM installs one mod after the other.
So IS overwrites some changes from CE and this makes it working ;)
This method works with every Mod :mrgreen:
But yes good idea :P