[SHIPS] S.P.A.Z. Player ships - New Big Brother Ship!

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
spudcosmic

[SHIPS] S.P.A.Z. Player ships - New Big Brother Ship!

Postby spudcosmic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:58 pm

Hello everyone, I'd like to introduce my second ship mod! Ships from the game Space Pirates and Zombies! I love the game myself, so I thought I'd show my appreciation for it by making a few of my favorite ships for use is FTL.

The Right-Hook:
Heavy combat ship

Hull-

Rooms-

This ship was a personal favorite of mine for awhile, that is, until I realized the potential of the Big Brother.
The Right Hook is basically a flying weapon array, designed to take down ships with brute force, the trade off though is that it is not very maneuverable. It also sports a missile mount for high shielded opponents, the missile mount has been conveniently modified to be able to hold any weapon, too. (Note: This ship is a little bit too long, and covers up a bit of the UI, but it hardly interferes with anything.)

Systems:
Shield: 2
Engines: 1
Weapons: 3 (4 weapon mounts)
Med-bay: 1
Cloak: not installed
Drones: not installed (2 drone slots)
Oxygen: 1

Sub Systems:
Doors: 1
Sensors: 1
Pilot: 1

Replaces Kestrel B
Download Right Hook: http://www.mediafire.com/download/m8j26 ... t_Hook.ftl

The Big-Brother:
Jack of all trades

Hull-

Rooms-

Ah, the Big Brother, a big, beefy ship that can function well in just about any situation. That is, if that situation doesn't involve a lot of maneuvering, because the Big Brother flies like a brick, and looks like one too. It's weapons may not seem very powerful at first, but when combined with the combat drone it becomes a deadly ship. This ship is perfect for those who like using drones but don't exactly like the passiveness of the Engi ship, too.

Systems:
Shield: 2
Engines: 1
Weapons: 3 (3 weapon mounts)
Med-bay: 1
Cloak: not installed
Drones: 2 (3 drone slots)
Oxygen: 1

Sub Systems:
Doors: 1
Sensors: 1
Pilot: 1

Starts with a anti-ship drone I

Replaces Engi B
Download Big Brother: http://www.mediafire.com/download/7ql1f ... rother.ftl

I updated it a bit. I changed the basic laser II to a burst laser I, it now has a much more fun early game.
The Array:

Dedicated missile platform
PLANNED

The Dart:

Fast, Maneuverable, but quite flimsy fighter
PLANNED

The Sun Spot:

Mother of all drone ships
PLANNED

The Big Bus:

Crew carrier often outfitted for boarding parties
PLANNED

Let me know what you think about the ships! Also, give me suggestions on what ships I should implement next, because there are a lot more ships than the ones I've listed.
Last edited by spudcosmic on Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:14 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Joshklement

Re: [SHIP(S)] S.P.A.Z. Player ships

Postby Joshklement » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Love it. Manta Ray would be a cool, pirate-style ship to fit in with CE
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Joshklement wrote:Love it. Manta Ray would be a cool, pirate-style ship to fit in with CE

Yeah, it's a cool ship, but I don't know how 10 weapon mounts would work in FTL. It would most likely be an overpowered ship, but since the Manta was also a pretty overpowered ship in spaz, I might do it.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:39 pm

spudcosmic wrote:
Joshklement wrote:Love it. Manta Ray would be a cool, pirate-style ship to fit in with CE

Yeah, it's a cool ship, but I don't know how 10 weapon mounts would work in FTL. It would most likely be an overpowered ship, but since the Manta was also a pretty overpowered ship in spaz, I might do it.

I dunno if coding makes it possible or not, but UI-wise, if you don't give the ship a drone system you might have space for 6 or 7 weapons.
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:03 am

Mr. Mister wrote:
spudcosmic wrote:

I dunno if coding makes it possible or not, but UI-wise, if you don't give the ship a drone system you might have space for 6 or 7 weapons.

The more I think about it, the more I think I shouldn't include the manta ray. First off, we only have 8 max power to put into weapons, and I find it hard to power four weapons sometimes with that max amount, let alone 10 or 8 weapons. Sure, I could mod a higher max power, but I really don't want to have to do that for an already powerful ship. Another possibility is that I could just make it have four weapon slots, but that kind of ruins it's uniqueness. I tried to include a selection of ships from spaz that could all have unique play styles in FTL. Having a ship that's basically identical to another is not what I want to do.
Starfire

Re: [SHIPS] S.P.A.Z. Player ships - New Big Brother Ship!

Postby Starfire » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:33 pm

First of all ty for introducing me to SPAZ (Great game).

Second you can modify the amount of max power a system can support, so it can work!(although massively OP)

Third Include a mass bomb launcher ship (custom weapon that takes long to reload but has like massive damage, maybe ion damage for ion bombs? Fire for Thermal and personal/hull damage for corrosive?)
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:03 pm

Starfire wrote:First of all ty for introducing me to SPAZ (Great game).

Second you can modify the amount of max power a system can support, so it can work!(although massively OP)

Third Include a mass bomb launcher ship (custom weapon that takes long to reload but has like massive damage, maybe ion damage for ion bombs? Fire for Thermal and personal/hull damage for corrosive?)

I really like that idea, but I'd have to figure out how to make custom weapons. I'm sure I could figure it out with some google searching and maybe some youtube videos. But what bomber ship should I make though? The Helix, the Gull, or the Pounder? Personally I like them all.
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:49 am

In my mind the Gull is waaaay to like the rebal rigger, so either the pounder or the helix.(btw im at that stage as well im SPAZ, cloked helix's are sooo fun!)
spudcosmic

Postby spudcosmic » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Starfire wrote:In my mind the Gull is waaaay to like the rebal rigger, so either the pounder or the helix.(btw im at that stage as well im SPAZ, cloked helix's are sooo fun!)

I think over the weekend I'm going to try to make all three, each with a different type of bomb. The gull with an ion bomb, maybe the bomb completely disables shields, The helix with a normal bomb, the bomb would have alot of damage and system damage. And the pounder with a corrosive bomb, with no system damage or shield piercing, but insane hull damage. I plan on making the bombs modified artillery beams that shoot one massive shot, so that will be pretty interesting. The artillery beam got me thinking too, what if I made the two mother ships, with their titan beams as artillery beams... I like that idea too.
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:09 pm

spudcosmic wrote:The artillery beam got me thinking too, what if I made the two mother ships, with their titan beams as artillery beams... I like that idea too.

:o ....... TITAN BEAM???? you crazy! a mass driver would be cool though.