[SHIPS][WIP] The Civilian Package

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Kierany9

[SHIPS][WIP] The Civilian Package

Postby Kierany9 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:11 pm

The Civilian Package will be a mod that replaces 4 out of 9 type A ships into modified civilian craft. The Civilian ships will have less systems and subsystems than regular ships, and their weapons aren't exactly strong and they rely on specific strategies to overwhelm their enemies

-Federation Public Transport:
Done

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4677s ... nsport.ftl

Screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =205419775

Stats:

Crew: 8 humans
Shields: II
Weapons: II (Ion Bomb, Breach Bomb Mk I)
Engines: I
Life Support: I
Medbay: II
Doors: 0
Piloting:II
Sensors: I
Cloak: 0
Drone Control: III (Asteroid Clearance Drone, Anti-Ship Bomber Drone)
Teleporter: I

Strategy:

This ship comes with very weak starting weapons, a full crew of 8 and a 4 man teleporter. While humans are not the best boarding candidtates, their sheer numbers will overwhelm the enemy early-game. The ship comes with a Bomber Drone to deal with pesky Auto-Scouts and an Asteroid Clearance Drone, a weak drone used by civilian ships to shoot down asteroids and incoming missiles. As you advance in the game, the drones and starting weapons must be ditched in favour of more powerful ones if you plan on surviving.

The Federation Public Transport, the Persona was nothing but a small passenger ship. But as the Rebellions power grows ever stronger, many transports have been refit into military craft. The Persona is no exception, being turned into a troop transport ship, carrying large human crews into the heart of battle. It is equipped with two bombs and a civilian Anti-Asteroid Drone as well as a militarized Mining Bomber Drone.

-Rock Miner: Done

Download:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/djcw6 ... 20Ship.ftl

Screenshots:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =208943463
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =208943490
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =208943513

Stats:

Crew: 4 rockmen
Shields: II
Weapons: IIII (Ore Extraction Beam, Mining Charges)
Engines: I
Life Support: I
Medbay: I
Doors: I
Piloting:I
Sensors: I
Cloak: 0
Drone Control: IIII (Anti-Asteroid Mining Drone, Mining Drone)
Teleporter: 0

Augments: Drone recovery arm, Scrap recovery arm.

Strategy:

The Nether, the Rock Miner, comes equipped with powerful mining utilities. It comes with a Mining Beam, a very long but slow moving beam. Also in its arsenal are Charges, very slow explosives that take longer to reach the enemy ship than they take to cool down. For drones it has the Mning Defense Drone, a repurposed Defense Drone Mk I for mining in asteroids and the Miner Drone, a very fast but weak assualt drone that can only damage hull. For one power, its unrivaled speed makes it one of the better drones out there.

The Nether is rather sluggish with its patheticly slow Mining Beam and snail-like Charges. Destroying the shield system to get a clean shot with the Mining Beam is the top priority, as you can get anywhere inbetween 5 and 7 damage per shot, as well as a decent breach chance. Unlike most beams, the shield cannot just be momentatily disabled since the beam takes about 10 seconds to cross from one end of the ship to the other and only deals 1 damage per room. Unlike the Persona, the Nether's starting gear is rather good and just needs an extra weapon or drone later on.

The Nether does have a lackluster layout. Beams can tear through the most vital systems and even with 4 rockmen, boarders can be a pain.

The Rock Miner is equipped for extracting ore from asteroids and precision cutting. A shortage on Rock war vessels has forced the Rock people to use their other ships to defend their borders against whoever tresspasses. The Nether comes equipped with explosive charges, a mining beam and several drones. While its purpose is to mine, the sheer power of its arsenal is sure to keep the Rock Worlds safe just one more day.

-Engi Repair Station:
Not started

The Engi are divided. Wishing for the war to end, fearing for their lives, General 001010 of the Engi Fleet has made a peace treaty with the Rebellion. The Engi will grant free access to their territories and battlecruisers if it means an end to the war. After hearing this, the few Engi still in the Federation Militia prepare a full scale assault, armed to the teeth with the experimental nanite weapons. Even if they have to fight their own kind, the "46 61 69 74 68" will push on.

-Zoltan Cargo Vessel:
Not started

The Zoltan Cargo Vessel is renouned across the galaxy for being one of the most sturdy, well designed and cost-efficient vessels. Usually carrying all sorts of goods, this Cargo Vessel owned by a Federation Lieutenant has handed his ship over to the 14th Fleet base. Now, The Ambassador must make a run before the Rebellion destroys everything. What this ship lacks in firepower, it makes up for with near-invincible defenses and large ammounts of supplies.
Last edited by Kierany9 on Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:07 am, edited 6 times in total.
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIPS] The Civilian Package

Postby R4V3-0N » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:11 am

I think Zoltans would rather be a Science Facility while the Slugs would be the merchants.
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
Kierany9

Postby Kierany9 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:40 pm

R4V3-0N wrote:I think Zoltans would rather be a Science Facility while the Slugs would be the merchants.

Yeah, merchants don't really suit the Zoltan. Changed the name to Cargo Vessel.
Kierany9

Postby Kierany9 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:33 pm

The Federation Public Transport is finished and available for download.
Kierany9

Postby Kierany9 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:03 am

Requested to be moved into Working Mods. Rock Miner is now available for download.
That Guy

Re: [SHIPS][WIP] The Civilian Package

Postby That Guy » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:07 pm

Hey!
Nice ships but I have one request... change the Engi general's name to:

001100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01000110 01010100 01010111

No reason, but you might just want to check what that comes out as on a binary translator... ;)
Superbeanz111

Re: [SHIPS][WIP] The Civilian Package

Postby Superbeanz111 » Fri May 13, 2016 2:52 am

Hello, I know this is an old mod but...

I think the Public Transportation should be Re-colored to the Green and Yellow that you see on the Type B fed cruiser.

I'd also love to see possibly a Civilian cargo ship or Yacht?

Either way, I'd love to see the development continue!!

Love ~~ A player who likes Gimmicks