[SHIP] The Derelict

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Knightmarez

Re: [SHIP] The Derelict

Postby Knightmarez » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:30 pm

This should be rotated and then given AI crew men who believe they are the old crew, and then teh whole package made into a boss you can fight inside of the industrial sector.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:48 pm

Knightmarez wrote:This should be rotated and then given AI crew men who believe they are the old crew, and then teh whole package made into a boss you can fight inside of the industrial sector.

Nice idea, sounds perfect to me
Fangz

Postby Fangz » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:09 am

Another great ship mod, Lemmonade! Thanks again.

Had a pretty rocky victorious run with it and ended up having to resort to a somewhat unorthodoxy strategy (for this ship at least).

I've managed to keep three non-ghost crew members alive (1 engis 1 mantis 1 human) inside the medbay for about 2 sectors. Somehow I knew the rng was not going to give me the weapons I very much needed and by the end of sector 4 my ship was outright underpowered offensively. A providencial teleporter came by and I 'bought' the O2 system right afterwards.

I kept the entire ship without O2 except for the teleporter room and another one that was housing my engi guy (who turned out to be a very good source of blue options).

I kinda felt like cheating for making use of non-ghost crew members but hell it was fun. Thanks.
R136a1

Postby R136a1 » Sun May 24, 2015 2:35 pm

RAD-82 wrote:
dalolorn wrote:I believe playing this ship would result in a very short game...

Also, "running on absolutely no power"?

I don't know what that "power" statement means. It has power. I think it's just story flavor, meaning that others don't detect any power when they encounter the ship. The ship itself looks like it should work fine.

Well the ship doesn't work fine because the second you start the game with this ship all the crewmen start to die from no oxygen
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Sun May 24, 2015 2:55 pm

No, the no oxygen is intentional, r136. The ship works fine. It's meant to be a ghost ship. And if you look at the ship overview image, the O2 room is red, meaning that it has to be purchased.

What you have to do is, you have to shuffle your five human crew members in and out of the medbay to try and keep their HP up as long as possible. Or at least, according to the first post, it says five humans. But from what other people have said in the thread, they're actually ghosts, which are a race that don't take suffocation damage--in that case, don't worry about the lack of air, then.

EDIT: Yes, this discussion was actually mentioned on the first page of this thread, by Dalolorn and RAD-82. They are ghosts. This issue has been discussed before.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Sun May 24, 2015 3:11 pm

This ship hasn't been updated for AE.

Since AE came out, the game will no longer use ghosts without having a blueprint for them, which this ship still lacks. Captain's Edition has a ghost blueprint (AI avatars), so it can still be used there.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.