[SHIP] The Derelict

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Lemmonade

[SHIP] The Derelict

Postby Lemmonade » Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:22 pm

So this is the reskin type b of my Peregrine Cruiser
(http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&p=63471)

I've seen a couple ghost kestrels on this forum, I thought i'd take a stab at making one. This rust bucket is riddled with hull punctures and collapsed rooms, by the looks of it, it can take a beating.

This ship is very difficult to use

Update: Receive your reviews, made bug fixes on cloak and shield, tweaked details. This is the final release. Download link updated.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

The Derelict

The Derelict goes by many names. Navim Derelicta. The Flying Dutchman. Falke Umbra. The Ghost Ship. No one really knows much about this vessel, other than that few live to describe an encounter with it. Even alien races tell of ghost ship sightings fitting its description. Most dismiss it as a story, you know otherwise. You've had an encounter with this vessel, when you were a young federal cadet patrolling for hidden rebel stations on the outer rim of explored space. It appeared, hanging lifelessly. It messaged your ship, telling you that no one can avoid a fate such as this, then it powered up its weapons. Your captain narrowly escaped the scenario alive, it seemed to be clutching on to you cruiser somehow. No one believes your tale, but that was many years ago. You tend to keep it to yourself these days anyway.

Yet, you awake this morning, and here it is? In your hanger! ... but this isn't your hanger
Where are you? What does that mean for you and your crew. What happened? Your memory is cloudy, too hard to tell...

you gasp for air

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Starting Equipment
    Hull Smasher
    Breach Bomb Mk.II
    FTL Jammer

Starting Crew
    5 Human Crewmates

Starting Systems:
    It appears to be running on absolutely no power...

Download Link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2tzm3wgay2u5k5i/Navim%20Derelictum.ftl
Last edited by Lemmonade on Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
R4V3-0N

Re: [SHIP] The Derelict

Postby R4V3-0N » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 am

You continue to amaze me...
R4V3-0N, a dreamer.
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:00 am

You do have a talent with the art.

Let's see if we can improve those other modding skills. What I'm about to address is done purely by looking at the .ftl file. I haven't used it in the game.

5thHorseman's signature wrote:From the Wiki: cloak images are 10 pixels bigger in every direction than base images. For example, a 200x200 ship graphic should have a 220x220 cloak image. Otherwise, the cloak image is stretched in-game to match these dimensions.

Your cloak image is the same size as the ship, meaning when you cloak in the game, it's going to stretch an extra 10 pixels in each direction. It is possible that you want that effect, but people generally prefer the cloak fits the ship. You just need to add an extra 10 pixels on each side, so it is 720x520.

Interesting shield image. However, I believe they are actually bigger than what they appear. It seems strange to have lasers and beams collide with the shield before actually reaching the graphic.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:19 am

RAD-82 wrote:Your cloak image is the same size as the ship, meaning when you cloak in the game, it's going to stretch an extra 10 pixels in each direction. It is possible that you want that effect, but people generally prefer the cloak fits the ship. You just need to add an extra 10 pixels on each side, so it is 720x520.

Interesting shield image. However, I believe they are actually bigger than what they appear. It seems strange to have lasers and beams collide with the shield before actually reaching the graphic.

thanks for the heads up, ill see if i can fix those graphics
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:27 pm

I believe playing this ship would result in a very short game...

Also, "running on absolutely no power"?
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:39 pm

dalolorn wrote:I believe playing this ship would result in a very short game...

I don't know what that "power" statement means. It has power. I think it's just story flavor, meaning that others don't detect any power when they encounter the ship. The ship itself looks like it should work fine.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:31 pm

RAD-82 wrote:

I don't know what that "power" statement means. It has power. I think it's just story flavor, meaning that others don't detect any power when they encounter the ship. The ship itself looks like it should work fine.

Actually, it won't work fine unless it's an AI ship which uses events to add its crew at the beginning of the game. Notice how the life support system isn't installed by default.
Lemmonade

Postby Lemmonade » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:50 pm

dalolorn wrote: Actually, it won't work fine unless it's an AI ship which uses events to add its crew at the beginning of the game. Notice how the life support system isn't installed by default.

It works, without any mods, and without O2
RAD-82

Postby RAD-82 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:25 pm

dalolorn wrote:
RAD-82 wrote:

Actually, it won't work fine unless it's an AI ship which uses events to add its crew at the beginning of the game. Notice how the life support system isn't installed by default.

I've looked at the blueprints. Those "4 Human Crewmates" are ghosts. They don't need air.

However, there isn't a blueprint for ghosts, and as such, if this isn't used with another mod that adds a ghost blueprint, you can actually turn those ghosts into humans by switching to a different ship, then back to this one in the hanger. Then you can watch the humans suffocate in the hanger. Once they are dead, it will turn into an AI ship when you start. It's an interesting little thing I noticed when I made my Dead-Tail.

Edit: It appears I was proven wrong about the AI ship. I suppose I never actually started the game after watching the crew suffocate. My memory isn't the greatest. :?
Last edited by RAD-82 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard has FTL mods, mostly ships and a few other things.
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Actually, there is a blueprint for ghosts. It's just that ghosts don't appear in the game by default, but have to be restored - they're cut content. Code's still in the game engine, blueprint's where it belongs, and it doesn't need additional graphics - but it's set not to appear. Unless you change their rarity or add events rewarding them, of course. :)