Top Ten Mods for FTL

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak

What is your favorite FTL mod?

Descent into Darkness
12
8%
FTL - Captain's Edition
90
57%
FTL - Infinite Space
29
18%
Foundation of the Federation
4
3%
Obsidian Cruiser
1
1%
A Strange New Galaxy
5
3%
Twinge's Balance Mod
2
1%
Tsunami Class Battlecruiser
2
1%
Better Planets and Backgrounds
11
7%
Starcraft Coversion
1
1%
 
Total votes: 157
ClockALock
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby ClockALock » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:24 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:I'm honestly surprised, and kind of happy, to see the Capital Cruiser in the honourable mentions.

I just had so much fun with that thing I HAD to nominate it. I mean, kudos, sir. There are a TON of "Play the Rebel Flagship" mods out there, but yours was the only one that both kept the feel of the flagship (accurate layout, all weapon types) but at the same time non-OP (starts without the big systems, downgraded versions of the weapons, only two crew).

So yeah.
aaaaaa50
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby aaaaaa50 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 am

ClockALock wrote:
slowriderxcorps wrote:I'm honestly surprised, and kind of happy, to see the Capital Cruiser in the honourable mentions.

I just had so much fun with that thing I HAD to nominate it. I mean, kudos, sir. There are a TON of "Play the Rebel Flagship" mods out there, but yours was the only one that both kept the feel of the flagship (accurate layout, all weapon types) but at the same time non-OP (starts without the big systems, downgraded versions of the weapons, only two crew).

So yeah.


Seconded. Yours is IMO the best playable Rebel Flagship.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
DryEagle
Posts: 363
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:17 am

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby DryEagle » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:30 pm

aaaaaa50 wrote:We only get one vote? Really? I was going to vote for Descent into Darkness, but since I only have one vote it has to be Captain's Edition.
:(
All ships I have created include custom weapons, graphics etc:
Image
ImageImageImageImage
aaaaaa50
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby aaaaaa50 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:48 pm

DryEagle wrote:
aaaaaa50 wrote:We only get one vote? Really? I was going to vote for Descent into Darkness, but since I only have one vote it has to be Captain's Edition.
:(

Hey, it's still the most fun, best polished, overall number one ship mod (and my favorite) of all time. I'm still of the opinion that general mods should be judged separately from custom ships, but honestly if it wasn't for the juggernaut 12-mods-in-one that is CE, your mod would have won over everyone else.

I actually did a run with CE + Descent a couple months ago, (I think I just stuck Descent in last on the install list,) where I wanted to see if I could get some good screenshots, but I kicked so much ass with the simple addition of a dual laser that I forgot to take almost any. :lol:

Image

Image

Image
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
ClockALock
Posts: 51
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:14 pm

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby ClockALock » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:20 pm

DryEagle wrote:
aaaaaa50 wrote:We only get one vote? Really? I was going to vote for Descent into Darkness, but since I only have one vote it has to be Captain's Edition.
:(


Don't worry. I voted for you!
VanguardOfValor
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:24 am
Location: Canada
Contact:

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby VanguardOfValor » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:11 am

I don't really like that this thread exists. Not only is it based on an extremely low amount of data, I feel it just divides "good mods" from everything else in a way that isn't necessarily appropriate in my opinion. It seems much more exclusive than I was expecting to find in the modding forums. Not to say I don't like the mods featured here, just that this feels wrong to me.
Various Valorous Videos, should you be interested...
aaaaaa50
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:08 pm

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby aaaaaa50 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:05 pm

VanguardOfValor wrote:I don't really like that this thread exists. Not only is it based on an extremely low amount of data, I feel it just divides "good mods" from everything else in a way that isn't necessarily appropriate in my opinion. It seems much more exclusive than I was expecting to find in the modding forums. Not to say I don't like the mods featured here, just that this feels wrong to me.


There really isn't much discussion about mods-in-general, here or elsewhere. I liked the nomination thread a bit, but it felt like everyone was talking past each other. It's kinda disappointing, and I don't much like the idea of 'number one' anyways. I'd be nice if more people talked about mods outside of an individual mod's thread, but I guess the community is kinda small for whatever reason.

Also, speaking of 'low data', three of the mods in the poll didn't even have more than one person recommending them. :roll: And anyways, I've always felt it a bit silly to limit a poll to the arbitrary number of ten, or the arbitrary limit of picking only one choice.
First ever AE-exclusive ship mod: The Extra Features!
Ye Olde and Outdated Pre-AE Ship Mod Recommendation List!
User avatar
5thHorseman
Posts: 1669
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:29 am
Location: On the bridge of The Potential
Contact:

Re: Top Ten Mods for FTL

Postby 5thHorseman » Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:22 pm

aaaaaa50 wrote:I'd be nice if more people talked about mods outside of an individual mod's thread, but I guess the community is kinda small for whatever reason.


It's the nature of the beast. We're a subset(1) of a subset(2) of a subset(3) of a subset(4), and that's just taking the "big picture" approach. I'm sure you could break it into a disturbing number of subsets.

(4) Roguelike Game Players
(3) FTL Players
(2) FTL Modders
(1) Visitors of this Forum

Now, as to whether or not this thread should exist... I have no idea. I'm too close to the fire to know if it needs stoking.
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 19 guests