[SHIP] Federation Destroyer (UPDATED)

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
StromblaaD

[SHIP] Federation Destroyer (UPDATED)

Postby StromblaaD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:40 pm

So, this is my first mod and forum post.

Made using the excellent Superluminal editor by KartoFlane and inspired (completely based on) the Rebel Corvette/Destroyer hull as found in the Captain's Edition mod by SleeperService, the ship features gibs and a few custom room images.

Has cloak, shields and working gibs, replaces the Crystal Cruisers and is pretty much just a recoloured Rebel hull.

IMAGES
http://imgur.com/a/W8JW6

Credits
Inspiration/Idea: SleeperService
Original Hull: Kieve
Hull images I used: slowriderxcorps

I think that's everything. If I've missed anything feel free to shout at me in the comments.

DOWNLOAD
TYPE A - Federation Destroyer SS Panty Raider - https://www.dropbox.com/s/6y82t6ggkndfn ... troyer.ftl
TYPE B - Rebel Destroyer SS Garlic Head - https://www.dropbox.com/s/j54b6uvvygqfo ... troyer.ftl
Last edited by StromblaaD on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
5thHorseman

Re: [SHIP] Federation Destroyer

Postby 5thHorseman » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:06 pm

I love the graphical touches, especially the engine and weapon rooms :) I also love the hull image!
My Videos - MY MOD HUB
Simo-V - The Potential - Automated Scout - "Low O2" Icons
The Black Opal - The Asteroid - The Enforcer - The Pyro

"Every silver lining has a cloud..."
StromblaaD

Postby StromblaaD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:15 pm

5thHorseman wrote:I love the graphical touches, especially the engine and weapon rooms :) I also love the hull image!

Thanks! :D
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:29 pm

On a side-note: The Destroyer model was originally made by Kieve. ;) Nice layout. I like long corridors and realistic layouts and I like that you stuck to vanilla rooms size with that.
Kieve

Postby Kieve » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:25 am

She looks good in Fed colors. :) Nicely done!
dalolorn

Postby dalolorn » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:05 pm

The hull texturing isn't bad, though I think it's a bit sub-par compared to stock Federation graphics.

From an RP perspective, I'd say the ship is exactly what you described it as - a repainted Rebel ship. Which reminds me - I wanted to do something for my mod, but forgot what it was... :oops:
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:16 am

I took a good look at this thing, and I figured I could maybe lend a hand with getting the look of the ship up to some kind of par, since I've dealt with this before when making both my Capital Cruiser mod, and a Rebel freighter that I could never decide on what I wanted to do with it.

Assuming the link works, this is what I managed to come up with, including a seaparate set with standard Rebel colours for if you want to create a Type-B.
StromblaaD

Postby StromblaaD » Fri Sep 13, 2013 7:58 am

slowriderxcorps wrote:I took a good look at this thing, and I figured I could maybe lend a hand with getting the look of the ship up to some kind of par, since I've dealt with this before when making both my Capital Cruiser mod, and a Rebel freighter that I could never decide on what I wanted to do with it.

Assuming the link works, this is what I managed to come up with, including a seaparate set with standard Rebel colours for if you want to create a Type-B.

I thought I'd done a decent job until I looked at yours. :lol:
Yeah, if we could do a second version or something and make it the best ship anyone's ever seen with a type B, that'd be really awesome. I've been playing around with the weapons loadout and the crew anyway, so it probably needs an update,
Starfire

Postby Starfire » Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:55 am

I looked at that image and found some imperfections, so I fixed them
Enjoy!
Thunderr

Postby Thunderr » Sun Sep 15, 2013 1:43 am

Nice hull! I don't particularly like the weapons- don't be offended, but I dislike the anti-bio beam.