sM Polish Kit: Insurrection v1.6 [CE Support + Modules]

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.021 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby slowriderxcorps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:53 am

Mr. Mister wrote:Before I forget: could you check if the heavy scatter laser drone entry is correct? I found two of them in a shop, and both their short names and description differed very slightly (simply wording, unlike Second Hand or Faulty versions).

I couldn't make sure that their long names were the same, as they ended off-screen, but their power requirements were the same, they looked the same, had the same price (IIRC), and had the same description, if worded differently.

Alright, I'll get onto taking a look at that, though I'm tempted to hold off until 1.067 happens for CE. Those teaser pictures look really curious.

As for those Auto Lasers, they are actually buffed from the base CE. Previously, their cooldowns were about 50% longer than what they are in sMPK-CE and are practically worthless. AT what they are set at now, they're still not particularly great, unless you get a particularly nice combination of weapons/drones to go with them, at which point they can do some good work.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:24 pm

Maybe you should remove the CEPS from the ships' default names on your starting gear rebalance, as it gets off the window for those with long names like the Stormwalker.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:35 am

Well, 1067 is out! Seems you have quite a bit of work this time. Too bad Sleepy didn't provide a rundown of the new weapons and drones, would've made your life easier.

Also, healing cluster: CE's description correctly states that, when fired on your own ship, only one of the three projectyles is fired, for whatever hardcoded reason. You should say the same in your description too.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:49 am

Code: Select all

New equipment IDs (spoilers ahead):

BA_BEAM_AUTO
BA_BOMB_CLUSTER_BREACH
BA_LASER_BURST_SCATTER_1
BA_LASER_BURST_SCATTER_2
DE_DRONE_SCATTER
DE_DRONE_BEAM_FOCUS

AE_DRONE_MANUFACTURER
slowriderxcorps

Re: [MOD]The sM Polish Kit 1.022 (ft. Comp. Patch for CE 1.0

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:37 pm

Alright then. A bunch of comparisons later (and realising I had missed some things added in previous updates, god forbid) and the mod has been updated for use with 1.067. I've decided to pretty much drop the entire listing of weapons and ships from one of the files, with the sole exception of the missiles (since the Player-controlled Hermes is still a thing and needed to be integrated with the blue options that use missile weapons). It just started to overwhelm me, I guess.

Aside from that though, the main mod itself was also updated very slightly, with a couple of event tweaks as well as, more importantly, changes made to Federation B, again.

EDIT: Very discreet update for 1.068. Not much in the way of things the patch alters was affected, and just to be sure, I ran both 1.067 and 1.068 through a handy dandy text comparison thing in order to learn of the changes made.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Thanks for the update!

EDIT: I just re-read through the general sMPK notes, and you say "All enemy doors systems will be at lv2 minimum if present". While that's something I approve of, I recall finding enemies with lv1 door system rooms. You might want to check it, or change the notes on the sMPK if you gave up on applying this every to every CE update.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:45 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Thanks for the update!

EDIT: I just re-read through the general sMPK notes, and you say "All enemy doors systems will be at lv2 minimum if present". While that's something I approve of, I recall finding enemies with lv1 door system rooms. You might want to check it, or change the notes on the sMPK if you gave up on applying this every to every CE update.

Hm.. I'm going to assume these are ships added in with CE. I didn't properly go through their stats upon integrating them with the patch, thanks for pointing that out. I'll likely sort that out on the next update to CE, which is being all experimental with the flagship.
ScubaSteve3465

Postby ScubaSteve3465 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 3:34 pm

A proper readme would really help out for this mod. It says on the OP to install in a certain order, yet when you open the file all the names are different. Alpha, Bulk, Patch. Now I understand I need the patch for CE but do I need both Alpha and Bulk loaded as well?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:23 pm

Don't bother with 1.069 if you don't want to slowy, as 1.070 seems to be around the corner.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:10 pm

I'll, um, overlook the random informality and press onwards. The mod was updated for 1.069 regardless, as I seem to have overlooked the Spotter ships included in 1.068. The Doors issue has been fixed and now every ship should be spawning with the intended door strengths. And as requested, I parked a little readme type file in the main archive complete with what is hopefully the right set of instructions to install the mods successfully.

Good luck out there.