[Ship][AE] Auto-Cruiser 1.01 & Auto-Constructor 1.0

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Plague Courier Six

Re: [Ship] Auto-Cruiser v.1.1

Postby Plague Courier Six » Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:26 pm

Hope that the AE compatible version comes out on here soon cause this ship looks really interesting.
scenicsalad

Postby scenicsalad » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:10 pm

I created an account on this forum STRICTLY because of how awesome I think this ship is.

There is just one problem, when I click on it in the ship list or try to select it by clicking the ship selection arrows the game crashes immediately!

Whats going on?
el Rago

Postby el Rago » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:26 pm

I think that is because it is not yet compatible with AE.

That happens to me on various other mods. Unless they are updated, they tend to crash
scenicsalad

Postby scenicsalad » Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:39 pm

ahhhh that makes sense. Has he said when he will update it?
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:32 am

I've been trying to get it to work for quite some time, but the main feature of this ship (encased systems) has been broken in AE :( While there is a workaround for this, it has some pretty nasty side-effects (ie. boarders spawning in the room which you can't access, etc).

So unless FTL devs decide to bring this particular feature back (which I don't think will ever happen), this ship will remain broken.
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jul 26, 2014 12:40 am

Hm maybe you can make it work without the encased system? The ship was already pretty unique and there seem to be a lot of people interested in playing it. Up to you of course.

The auto cruiser will also get a second revival in CE at some point, as an Automated Freighter/Planet Miner:
Just in case you ever feel like cooking up a Typ B... ;)

I saw some lets plays where people encountered the original variant in CE. It always scared the sh** out of the player. Definitely still looks great that thing.
Estel

Postby Estel » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:02 am

Maybe just AE version without encased system, then? That piloting thing wasn't that big deal, at least for me. As long as it gets auto-manning and auto-repairing features, those are two most distinct properties of this one.

/Estel

// Edit

Heh, Sleepy beat me to it ;)
kartoFlane

Postby kartoFlane » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:17 am

@Sleeper
Whoa. Pardon me, but that looks sexy as fuck.
...I might actually end up giving this mod another shot, if only to use that hull. It's a shame though, I really liked the encased system mechanic. Oh well.

And yeah, I've seen a post on reddit several days ago where a guy encountered the ship :lol: I've been unable to find it since, though. Could you link the video(s)? I could use some inspiration :P

@Estel
Well, auto-repair and auto-manning is automatically (pun not intended) granted to all automated ships, so it's not all that special ;)
Regarding the encased system -- on top of me really liking the idea -- it was the core theme that I built the ship around, so I obviously have some sentiment going for it :P But yeah, I'll have to redesign the ship without it in mind...
Superluminal2 - a ship editor for FTL
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:33 am

kartoFlane wrote:...I might actually end up giving this mod another shot, if only to use that hull. It's a shame though, I really liked the encased system mechanic. Oh well.

Yeah so did I. But I'm also not supper enthusiastic to re-implement all these ships that had it in CE in case there ever is a way to make this work again. Would be the third time the feature had been removed and re-added. :roll: It was a cool thing though, as it really set ships apart...

kartoFlane wrote:And yeah, I've seen a post on reddit several days ago where a guy encountered the ship :lol: I've been unable to find it since, though. Could you link the video(s)? I could use some inspiration :P

:) No idea where I last saw it, but I'm almost certain it inspires terror in some CE player every day. Motivational vid-share coming up at some point. :P I'll also post the gibs for the constructor hull once they are done, probably this weekend.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:43 am

kartoFlane wrote:I've been trying to get it to work for quite some time, but the main feature of this ship (encased systems) has been broken in AE :( While there is a workaround for this, it has some pretty nasty side-effects (ie. boarders spawning in the room which you can't access, etc).

So unless FTL devs decide to bring this particular feature back (which I don't think will ever happen), this ship will remain broken.

Isn't it possible to make it so that you can access the "encased room" or at least so boarders can get out of the room by using two overlapping doors and such?

Sleeper Service wrote:
kartoFlane wrote:...I might actually end up giving this mod another shot, if only to use that hull. It's a shame though, I really liked the encased system mechanic. Oh well.
Yeah so did I. But I'm also not supper enthusiastic to re-implement all these ships that had it in CE in case there ever is a way to make this work again. Would be the third time the feature had been removed and re-added. :roll: It was a cool thing though, as it really set ships apart...

Yeah, I miss this feature also. It is probably possible to reimplement it for some enemy ships since they won't have the same problem with boarders. I would ver much like to see a return of the ultimate shield Zoltan station and a kamikaze AI ship with encased piloting/engines.

But it is possible to work around the encased systems. The Zoltan shields for example got a buff with the new drones.

kartoFlane wrote:And yeah, I've seen a post on reddit several days ago where a guy encountered the ship :lol: I've been unable to find it since, though. Could you link the video(s)? I could use some inspiration :P

:) No idea where I last saw it, but I'm almost certain it inspires terror in some CE player every day. Motivational vid-share coming up at some point. :P I'll also post the gibs for the constructor hull once they are done, probably this weekend.

I love the way you implemented the AI Cruisers. I'm so glad I convinced you to include it in CE. I too have seen many videos with people freaking out when they see the AI ships, the text helps add to their fear as well. :twisted: Good job!

You really should make a montage of people freaking out at CE and/or having fun with CE using clips from twitch or YouTube and put in on the CE thread.