FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
SRX33

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25b

Postby SRX33 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:31 am

Hey I´m new here, but i have a few questions. :) Im playing CE Mod with infinite addon
- I Have a lot of texture problems (CE MOd and the texture/basic pack is installed), like wrong/missing ship textures.
- I dont get the point of the atillery uprgade ^^
- The game chrashes at some points ingame. Any options to save the game ingame?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:46 am

I recommend you read through the troubleshooting section at the beginning of this thread.

There is no real option to save ingame, but you can exit the game and back up your continue.sav. Searching "How to save in FTL" will probably yield results that tell you how to do this.

SRX33 wrote:I dont get the point of the atillery uprgade ^^

What do you mean with that exactly?
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:22 am

Do you have any idea why Captains Edition is now cutting off the names of sectors? I'm seeing a lot of Industrial Secto and Hazard Secto, but then sometimes I see longer names just fine... :?

Also, I saw a crash on a recent video that occurred when somebody tried to jump to a store in an Engi Sector. Home Volume 512.

And finally, do you currently have any more plans for Captain's Edition? Or is it finally nearing its completion? There hasn't been an update for a while, but I myself don't know what you could add.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:06 pm

The sector names being cut of has been there for a while, but it only happens on the map screen and for certain name combinations. Nothing that can be done about that but radically shortening all names. IMO this is an acceptable glitch, sacrificing some clarity on the map screen for overall greater name variations.

:D I saw that crash vid too. I looked into that store glitch but I have no idea what caused it. I'm also not sure which version was used in that run, so it might have been fixed already. :?:

I keep pushing the next release cause I hope to integrate a full set of greeble graphics for all ships, we are almost done with that, just the crystal ships are missing and I'm working on them now.

There will also be a few new drones, most of which are crystal based. And I reworked endless loot a little, adding many new ship prefixes and reworked how they are applied to make them less random and more specific for certain factions and ship types (There is a new wiki page for the ship prefixes by the way.) A few selected weapon prefixes will slightly affect rarity and get marked as "rare" or "epic". The "epic" prefixes are all completely new and will appear very rarely.
SRX33

Postby SRX33 » Fri Oct 10, 2014 12:50 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:I recommend you read through the troubleshooting section at the beginning of this thread.

There is no real option to save ingame, but you can exit the game and back up your continue.sav. Searching "How to save in FTL" will probably yield results that tell you how to do this.

SRX33 wrote:I dont get the point of the atillery uprgade ^^

What do you mean with that exactly?

The troubleshooting didnt help me or i didnt see it :D
I have the resource pack installed and I patched it all in the right order. Still texture bugs. A lot of them.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:41 pm

You can consider re-downloading the mod files then. Stuff might gotten corrupted somehow.
VoidInsanity

Postby VoidInsanity » Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:22 pm

It's been awhile since I played FTL and this great mod but I just came up with an idea for a weapon class that may or not be in the mod (might have been added during my absence) - Microwave weapons. Ignores shields, extremely high fire chance.

Secondly with the EL mod when things get +1/2 to fire chance or something, what does that mean exactly? I know it means increased chance but is it a flat % to overall chance, a flat increase to the chance the weapon already had, etc?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:00 pm

The Fire Focus beam is pretty close to the concept you described. The defs where pretty cautious with fire starter weapons, as fires can be pretty powerfull and I try to stay true to that. The Fire Focus already is pretty powerfull in that regard.

+1 fire chance equals an additional 10% fire chance. Weapons that had no fire chance before will gain it through the prefix. On beams that chance is rolled for every room tile the beam hits.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:37 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:The sector names being cut of has been there for a while, but it only happens on the map screen and for certain name combinations. Nothing that can be done about that but radically shortening all names. IMO this is an acceptable glitch, sacrificing some clarity on the map screen for overall greater name variations.

Yeah, it isn't a big deal. I was just wondering WHY it was happening because it was getting cut off on simple things like "Uncharted Sector." That's a vanilla name... :? The missing spaces thing also still needs fixing, but it looks like Vhati IS still working on Slipstream, so one day...

I'm glad to hear you are still working on Captain's Edition stuff. :) I have to ask, what keeps you dedicated after all this time??? I've also been following the Greeble thread. ;) I think they are all pretty cool. I've been following the wiki too, I'm looking for time to write a new article or reformat my weapons chart into a neat spreadsheet and finish it.

I take it you also saw biohazard's randomized flagship fight. :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't quite go as planned... Fire Suppression, great idea. Is Slug Repair Gel a thing also?

VoidInsanity wrote:It's been awhile since I played FTL and this great mod but I just came up with an idea for a weapon class that may or not be in the mod (might have been added during my absence) - Microwave weapons. Ignores shields, extremely high fire chance.

Secondly with the EL mod when things get +1/2 to fire chance or something, what does that mean exactly? I know it means increased chance but is it a flat % to overall chance, a flat increase to the chance the weapon already had, etc?

I wanted to have cryo weapons, and microwave weapons before AE came out! It's a cool idea, but yeah the fire focus beam does basically do what a microwave weapon would, so aside from the graphics we already have that. And cryo weapons would have to use the crystal lockdown, which looks a bit weird. I'm pretty amazed by all the Captain's Edition weapons, pretty much anything that is possible to add, we already have.
NarnKar

Postby NarnKar » Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:58 pm

Russian Rockman wrote:I take it you also saw biohazard's randomized flagship fight. :lol: :lol: :lol: That didn't quite go as planned...

Wait, where can I see this?