FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Giscard

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.25/Inf 1.25/EL 1.25b

Postby Giscard » Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:48 am

For some reason, weapons cannot make a breach and a fire. Even with 100% chances. Details here: http://www.ftlgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26399

All advice appreciated.

-Giscard ;)
If u want a mod from me email me.
They are not compatible with
AE btw
They are:
Maxed out your face! (This is a mod when all the starting ships are maxed, but so are the enemy ships!)
I also have a few extra ship layouts if you want!
Isdariel

Postby Isdariel » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:01 pm

Sleeper Service wrote:Some interesting blue options that where suggested here.

I find that the traitor event appears much more interactive if seen in a greater context. Rebel spies aboard your ship will never reveal themselves unless you travel to territories where the Rebels have a strong presence and they can call reinforcements.
Thats a good point indeed. I shall avoid strong rebel sectors with Engi-B from now on. :)
off_line

Postby off_line » Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:56 pm

Almost every time, once I try use combat augment (like a Firewall Plating), game is crushed without error report.
Also, I cannot launch game with included Endless Loot Addon. May be, I'm dummy, but I can't find in OP-post link to download Non-EL Enemy Loadouts Addon (This is necessary, right?)

Google Translate is so translate.
Sorry for my engrish, english is not my language.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:18 pm

Can you submit screenshots of some of the events before the game crashes? That would be helpfull. Thanks for reporting this so far.

I recommend your read through the troubleshooting section in the first section, concerning your EL problem this is most likely relevant:
Game crashes/freezes after or during the loading screen when having the Endless Loot Addon installed:
Your FTL does not have access to enough memory in order to cache all the images EL adds. The solution is to allocate more memory to FTL:

Nicb1 wrote:GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!
I got Endless Loot 0.97 working by using a program to allow FTL to access more ram.
You just have to apply this fix to the FTLgame.exe and it'll launch without any issues.
http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threa ... re.112556/
I just tested the game properly after applying this patch and it runs perfectly :)
off_line

Postby off_line » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:29 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Can you submit screenshots of some of the events before the game crashes? That would be helpfull.

Screenshots here:
http://postimg.org/gallery/2ursdgbic/
Last edited by off_line on Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:40 am

Looks a lot like your mod files are corrupted. I recommend you re-download them another time.
off_line

Postby off_line » Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:50 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Looks a lot like your mod files are corrupted. I recommend you re-download them another time.

Large Address Aware really helpfull, thanks! Now it works.
Мне стоило бы внимательнее читать ОП-пост.
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:35 pm

Hi.

What causes spaces to be missing in the description of certain events? Here are some examples:

The same happens with hull-damaging events, too.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:50 pm

Thats a problem related to how SMM handles appending stuff. Will eventually get fixed with a new version of SMM.
Nevill

Postby Nevill » Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:34 pm

Thanks. A few other questions if you don't mind (sorry if they were raised before).

I assume nothing can be done about changing the UI to accomodate 10 levels of Weapons and Drones Systems made available by CE Infinite?

I rarely play the game in one sitting, and certainly not the CE Infinite ones. If there is no workaround for the Artillery system to prevent it from breaking saves, can a separate add-on be made available that would prevent the system from appearing in shops altogether? Or is it too much work for too little gain, especially if there is a warning in place?

Speaking of the warning, can it be rephrased in a way that would fit the text box? I know that with the amount of stuff the mod adds and with the text box being on the smallish side it is inevitable that some of it won't fit, but I still think it should be avoided when possible.

Are the changes that came with the AE in relation to resourses/weapons gained in events being visually shown rather than described hard-coded? I feel like they are the biggest offender when it comes to the text exceeding the window boundaries.