FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
The Captain

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b

Postby The Captain » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:38 pm

Jeez, engi, did you have to quote the whole thing? :roll:

A few spelling/grammar/usage things:

'The Crystal has discovered that your ship's armor is incompatible.... "retaliations* armor".**' 1) "retaliation" (or was it meant to sound awkward?); 2) period inside quote.

"Upon arrival you realize that you jumped a few clicks* off the mark." - "klicks," and I think this should be "a few hundred thousand klicks" if not "a few megameters." (I wonder if that would be "megs" in space slang.)

'Your computer registers a threat level 12 enemy concentration nearby,* a Rebel cruiser, flanked by two drone carriers, lingers in the distance. You receive a hail,** "This is the Rebel primary unit RS*** 'Beep Beep!'.**** - 1) replace comma with colon; 2) see 1; 3) saying "Rebel" followed by "RS" is redundant; maybe remove "Rebel"; 4) remove period.
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:52 pm

Funny thing, BTW: The Crystallite will say that your ship's armour is not compatible for a Vengeance even if, well, you already have a Vengeance installed.
Russian Rockman

Postby Russian Rockman » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:15 am

Man, I wish we could create new systems. Just ones that are redundant and don't actually do anything. Because that way we could use those systems to mark each of the ship types rather than the faction specific augments. You can't really use an Internal Generator to use two combat augs and keep your faction's augment as well, and there are other limitations too.

I think that's on the top of my wish list is being able to differentiate between the different types of ships and/or being able to create new systems. I guess we should consider ourselves lucky that we can even do the things we've done with CE already.

Anyway, I know what the Advanced Edition's new offensive capabilities are as far as boarding is concerned. The hacking system and clone bay seem like they could really help, but how do you counter them when they're used against you? It seems like the ion stunning drones and weapons would come in handy here. Also I wonder if they will have a (4th) level doors if you're manning a level 3 doors system.
Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:17 pm

I have a question to the "crew member betrayed you" event. Is there any possibility that he react positive to the "remind him on what we went through together"?
I had this event many times now and NEVER got anything other then "You don't understand anything" or "Do you think i am studpid??". I know there is a blue event if you have a slug, but without it i never got a neutral event result, lost this crew member every time.
Also, the rebel destroyer has a ridiculously high evasion chance. And why does it flee? This should be a "one of us has to die" thing.
engi

Postby engi » Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:25 pm

found a bug a slug offered me slug hallucinogens (i din't know what they were at the time ) it then said iwoke up in my hold that had the less scrap funny thing is that i didnt have scrap reduced (seviety :minor)
Estel

Postby Estel » Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:24 pm

Kartoffelr wrote:I have a question to the "crew member betrayed you" event. Is there any possibility that he react positive to the "remind him on what we went through together"?
I had this event many times now and NEVER got anything other then "You don't understand anything" or "Do you think i am studpid??". I know there is a blue event if you have a slug, but without it i never got a neutral event result, lost this crew member every time.
Also, the rebel destroyer has a ridiculously high evasion chance. And why does it flee? This should be a "one of us has to die" thing.

I had positive outcomes many times, although, it was long time ago (maybe something got chjanged/bugged, meantime?). As for evasion chance - for sure, it doesn't have more evasion than player's ship can get (55%) ;)
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:05 am

A couple of spelling/usage notes:

"The Crystal asks to talk to you in private. ... The Crystal points to it's* creation." - its.

"You arrive at the location where your crew member's friend is in hiding. ... in a multiple click* radius." - "klick," but I think you shouldn't put such a limiting distance in, just say something like "within sensor range."
Estel

Postby Estel » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:28 am

The Captain wrote:"You arrive at the location where your crew member's friend is in hiding. ... in a multiple click* radius." - "klick," but I think you shouldn't put such a limiting distance in, just say something like "within sensor range."

Nah, techno-babble about klick sounds more Sci-Fi ;) We already have too much event texts with "sensor range" phrase in them.

BTW, I loved the star wars'ish (as in original trilogy, nor prequel crap) "enlightened crew member and Zoltan monastery" quest! For a second, I thought that I'm really going to meet my former crew member before eight sector... But, even now, the "we will meet again" thing is good idea! Indeed, I keep wondering what will become of my former crew member.

/Estel
The Captain

Postby The Captain » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:09 am

Estel wrote:
The Captain wrote:"You arrive at the location where your crew member's friend is in hiding. ... in a multiple click* radius." - "klick," but I think you shouldn't put such a limiting distance in, just say something like "within sensor range."

Nah, techno-babble about klick sounds more Sci-Fi ;) We already have too much event texts with "sensor range" phrase in them. ...

Sorry, but "klick" comes from military slang of the Vietnam War. To me it's not sci fi at all. And "multiple-klick radius" just does not convey astronomical distances: it's like saying you don't detect anything between you and your hand in front of your face.

Low Earth orbit is 160-2000 km. 1 AU is about 149,597,871 km. Pluto's average distance from the sun is 39.5 AU. And we're still only talking within our solar system. Are you beginning to grasp just how small a klick is?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:27 am

Well, it's gotta be fairly close if it doesn't require any jump to navigate.