Page 195 of 664

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:34 am
by Sleeper Service
This pirate/privateer thing got me thinking. I find the concept of government authorized crime pretty hilarious. Maybe this could become another contextual aug, something like a Privateer License. Could allow any ship to commit piracy, then classifying it as legal requisition...

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:12 pm
by slowriderxcorps
Just to heads-up: the Error Checker is flagging countless things wrong with the stats on the Pirate Home sector. Every event list that has _HOME in it is flagging an error.

EDIT: Identified the problem. They are calling event lists that have PIRATE_HOME in them instead of OUTLAW_HOME. I'm patching this out on my end now.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:18 pm
by Sleeper Service
These assets are not used yet and are never called, so this is probably irrelevant.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:42 pm
by Delphi
Hello Sleeper, I just had another idea regarding expanding the social events.

I just started a run with the crystal cruiser, and on my first beacon a got a rockman. On the next beacon I socialized with a Crystal crewman, and it asked the question, if the rockmen would worship him. I know this is just a random answer that is meant to lead to nothing, but what, if this conversations could be expanded. After all, there was a Rockman, who could have answered this exact question.

So since I had the Rockman, there could have been a blue Rockman option, which would have continued this conversation. It could perhaps have lead to some kind of outcome, like a quest, a ressource bonus, or perhaps even a crewmember turning hostile because it feels insulted.

I think there might be a lot of conversations, that could allow further answers, if certain other races are present.

Of yourse this only would make sense if you would like to expand the social system in this manner. If you plan to keep it very fast and mostly resulting in game hints or funny dialog, then this is also fine :)

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:27 pm
by Sleeper Service
That would require to create actual events for each single conversation text (about 500?). If you want to do go through that, be my guest. :D

Tracked down the slaver related problem. Not sure if that also fixes the crashes upon sector load...

1.102b
- Fixed a crash related to slaver ship outcomes
- Crystal Burst tooltips fixed
- Light Crystal impact graphic fixed
- Auto surrender reset your systems now

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:26 pm
by The Captain
Well, I don't know if this is relevant anymore: In 1.102, going from sector 2, The Palk Colonies, to sector 3, Tuco's Proving Grounds, and game crashed.

"You get an automated message from a station right next to the beacon,* ..." - replace comma with colon.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:43 pm
by Kartoffelr
Delphi wrote:or perhaps even a crewmember turning hostile because it feels insulted.

I would absolutely hate that.

The crystal also sometimes talk about how sad they find that the rock became so aggressive. They find everything interesting and want to see the universe. The rock worship the crystal, they are their ancestors. Why would they want to fight?

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:56 pm
by MightyKebab
I think these conversations should be more varied as to giving the player to choose his response on several occassions. For example, You could try to comfort your Rockman when he talks about his family, or tell him to forget it. These choices would only be for flavor and would rarely have event outcomes. Another idea is to implement in specifically to humans, as to make them more interesting to talk to (even though their race description clearly says otherwise) Like, you could come upon a rare event where your crewman has some leisure time and you are free to ask him about certain questions, similiar to Mass Effect. Or, you could disturb your crewmembers in your quarters and see whether or not they would mind your presence (I'd laugh out loud if you could have intimacy with your human crewmember, resulting in you to spend quite some time that the rebel fleet starts to catch up on you ;)) Still, this should be possible on a few occassions. I'd very much like more activity and content while socializing with your crew. An example I've come up with, but could also go out of the boundaries of FTL's hardcoding: your mantis crew would ask to fight with some of your crew to improve it's skills. You could choose to agree or disagree and if agreed, Your Mantis would be converted to an enemy , allowing you to fight it in game. If killed, the mantis would compliment you in the way you've handled the situation and patch up in the medbay. Then, the mantis would return to your crew with the same name.



A lot of times, The anti-system augments really disturb you and frustrate you in combat. I suggest that there should be a way to counter this, apart from Lv3 oxygen agains't irradiators. For example, An automated re-loader could be used as a blue text event response to prevent your weapons from being hacked, A drone reactor booster/It's new name could be used to prevent your drone bay from being hacked and the Reverse Ion Field could be, well, you guessed it, to deflect Ion Fields disabling a bar of your shield.


I'd also like it if there would be a CE-specific protection augment, which I'd mainly refer as to, Fireproof System Casing. As obvious, it would have a high chance at resisting damage done by fires and Solar Flares, and if possible, increase the amount of time a bar of your system would burn.


Oh and, this has been suggested several times before: Will Rock ships (Atleast, those with it's respected augment) Be able to ram ships during combat to disable a random or specific system?

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:31 pm
by Russian Rockman
Sleeper Service wrote:This pirate/privateer thing got me thinking. I find the concept of government authorized crime pretty hilarious. Maybe this could become another contextual aug, something like a Privateer License. Could allow any ship to commit piracy, then classifying it as legal requisition...


Except privateers still were only supposed to attack certain nations ships. When the Federation is at war with the Rebels a privateering license wouldn't grant you the ability to attack Engi cargo ships for example. You can already pirate Rebel cargo ships without cinsequence. ;) Maybe you could put in something about having a privateering license in the text?

MightyKebab wrote:A lot of times, The anti-system augments really disturb you and frustrate you in combat. I suggest that there should be a way to counter this, apart from Lv3 oxygen agains't irradiators. For example, An automated re-loader could be used as a blue text event response to prevent your weapons from being hacked, A drone reactor booster/It's new name could be used to prevent your drone bay from being hacked and the Reverse Ion Field could be, well, you guessed it, to deflect Ion Fields disabling a bar of your shield.


I thing the system disrupting augments are supposed to frustrate and disturb you... :lol: However, it does seem like Sleeper has expanded a lot of the SUVs to protect against certain damage. It's a good idea to get an aug that will keep your most precious system up and running.

MightyKebab wrote:Oh and, this has been suggested several times before: Will Rock ships (Atleast, those with it's respected augment) Be able to ram ships during combat to disable a random or specific system?


I would very much like to see this. :D It could brute force occasionally damage random systems I suppose, or it could damage engines like I believe the current enemy ramming events do. A rams purpose is to stun the enemy ship too so it would make sense if it lowered their dodge chance. Not too many augs do that already, if any. It would also be nice if ramming small or non-military chance made them immediately surrender to you.

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.102b

Posted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 4:04 pm
by Sleeper Service
Russian Rockman wrote:Except privateers still were only supposed to attack certain nations ships. When the Federation is at war with the Rebels a privateering license wouldn't grant you the ability to attack Engi cargo ships for example. You can already pirate Rebel cargo ships without cinsequence. ;) Maybe you could put in something about having a privateering license in the text?


I guess It would be more like "Federation Requisition Lisence", still, needs a lot of worlbuilding to be made plausible...

Russian Rockman wrote: MightyKebab wrote:A lot of times, The anti-system augments really disturb you and frustrate you in combat. I suggest that there should be a way to counter this, apart from Lv3 oxygen agains't irradiators. For example, An automated re-loader could be used as a blue text event response to prevent your weapons from being hacked, A drone reactor booster/It's new name could be used to prevent your drone bay from being hacked and the Reverse Ion Field could be, well, you guessed it, to deflect Ion Fields disabling a bar of your shield.


I thing the system disrupting augments are supposed to frustrate and disturb you... :lol: However, it does seem like Sleeper has expanded a lot of the SUVs to protect against certain damage. It's a good idea to get an aug that will keep your most precious system up and running.


Yep, this is totaly in since 1.102. Various augs have been renamed to make this more coherent (Automated Re-loader is an Advanced Targeting Computer now and so on)

Russian Rockman wrote: MightyKebab wrote:Oh and, this has been suggested several times before: Will Rock ships (At least, those with it's respected augment) Be able to ram ships during combat to disable a random or specific system?

I would very much like to see this. :D It could brute force occasionally damage random systems I suppose, or it could damage engines like I believe the current enemy ramming events do. A rams purpose is to stun the enemy ship too so it would make sense if it lowered their dodge chance. Not too many augs do that already, if any. It would also be nice if ramming small or non-military chance made them immediately surrender to you.


Dealing damage to enemies via events is still not possible. I don't like it that the most brutish maneuver (ramming) does the same thing as the most sophisticated tech (hacking). I really think ramming should deal damage, maybe that becomes possible with AE.

The Captain wrote:Well, I don't know if this is relevant anymore: In 1.102, going from sector 2, The Palk Colonies, to sector 3, Tuco's Proving Grounds, and game crashed.

"You get an automated message from a station right next to the beacon,* ..." - replace comma with colon.


That all the crashes occurred in sector where slavers can be encountered reassured me that the crashes where related to that quest mess-up. Please report in case the crashes persist in 1.102b.