FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Sleeper Service

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.099

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:37 am

ikeelyou300 wrote:On another interesting not though... Do you think the Zoltan ship could negotiate the surrender of all the slaves in exchange for a pardon or something?

Considered.

Acceleratio wrote:Wait what... there are ships you can use the pirate option with?
Without risking your crew?

Yep. All ships of the hostile faction can engage in piracy without penalties (as long as you keep their faction augment.) Some of the hostile factions are also capable to negate penalties in other situations. I'm aware that this is not self explanatory, as a lot of people will just stop attempting piracy in general after realizing that it can have such penalizing outcomes... I recommend you keep reading the tips at the beginning of the game. They can give you a lot of hints on CEs in-depth features.

Ciurrioc wrote:If I encounter black boxes and erratic graphical backgrounds in the Zoltan event where the planet targets you with its weapons with a Zoltan AI spotter, what would I do? Im not sure if It can be reproduced. same applies to the breach missile, its target reticle is a black box on the enemy ship -_- this is on version 1.099. I possess no mods that add/edit weapons.

That is load order related. You have to load the background mod before captains edition, else it will cause this glitch. Check the load order template in the OP.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:42 pm

Another bite on the lovely bugs (no, it's not racial comment against Slugs ;) )

1. In the quarantined sector, we can meet various civilian ships wanting to rob us of scrap, to buy medicaments/documents/whatever. If we refuse, they attack us. Now, one of such ship I've meet was Engi AI ship (!), crewed by normal crew, though. Obviously, it lacked life support system and started with zero oxygen, so battle was *very* brief.

Thinking about it, that was *almost* lore-friendly - they were so sick, that died quickly after getting violent ;) Hoever, for such purposes, normal ship with life support disabled (and starting with max oxygen, then slowly going down) would do better. (Severity: Medium)

2. After wiping the crew of other civilian ships from the same event as in #1 (by weapons like bio-beam), we're presented with few options - sterilizing it via medical nanobots or bomb, entering it indiscriminately of risk, or destroying and looting remains. If we decide to sterilize it with nanomed bomb, event text state, that it should be safe to enter now and ends... Without any reward :( ship is just left cold in the space. I haven't had chance to test if it does the same with Engi's medical nanobots or choosing to destroy it. (Severity: Medium)

Cheers,
/Estel
Last edited by Estel on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ciurrioc

Postby Ciurrioc » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:49 pm

Ah Thank you Sleeper, I didn't realize that when I updated :?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:17 pm

Yo, does the (advanced engines) blue option to dodge a ramship's initial battleram only require lv4 engines? That feels too soon, specially considering that people usually don't venture into rock sectors early. I would put it at lv6 engines minimum.
Estel

Postby Estel » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:58 pm

Just quick update on bugs:

1. Responding to merchant in need of mercenary services may result in getting task to deliver 5 drone parts to scientist's station. event text clearly state, that merchant is "paying us some scrap in advance", in addition to giving us those 5 drones. Hoever, no scrap is given. It was reported some times ago by someone else, but I re-report it, as it wasn't fixed, apparently. (Severity: Minor)

As a side question - I know you don't like to spoil some things, but, how big a random chance of not being able to break truces? I hope it's not more than 10% - it might have been just bad luck, but today, I had it at roughly 2/3 of forced surrenders, which was quite frustrating. Could be just RNG.

/Estel

// Edit
Today I had my )first in life) crash of FTL upon jumping to next sector. I was leaving Nebula sector, running from a fight with battle cruiser. Sadly, for above reasons, I have no idea where I jumped. It may be relevant, that I was jumping with 3 hull points, and rocket that should take 4 hull points, hit me during jump animation (when small ship is just about to disappear), and my hull stayed at 3 points even after impact. So I'm not sure if it wasn't FTL generic bug, not CE related. Maybe game just told me "you've died" in rude manner :lol:
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:07 pm

I don't know exactly that chance, but if it were me I would put it at, at least, 33%. 10% is just too little my friend.

And talking about surrenders: there's a slug event where, if you accept what's in store in echange for their lives, the only option given after that is to betray them.

"A meager amount of material".
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:43 pm

Mr. Mister wrote:Yo, does the (advanced engines) blue option to dodge a ramship's initial battleram only require lv4 engines? That feels too soon, specially considering that people usually don't venture into rock sectors early. I would put it at lv6 engines minimum.

That event will give you additional options with higher engine upgrades, crudely simulating your actual dodge chance. ;)

Estel wrote:Today I had my )first in life) crash of FTL upon jumping to next sector. I was leaving Nebula sector, running from a fight with battle cruiser. Sadly, for above reasons, I have no idea where I jumped. It may be relevant, that I was jumping with 3 hull points, and rocket that should take 4 hull points, hit me during jump animation (when small ship is just about to disappear), and my hull stayed at 3 points even after impact. So I'm not sure if it wasn't FTL generic bug, not CE related. Maybe game just told me "you've died" in rude manner :lol:

Oh well, not sure if it is CE related, but would still be great to know where that happened. :(

Estel wrote:1. Responding to merchant in need of mercenary services may result in getting task to deliver 5 drone parts to scientist's station. event text clearly state, that merchant is "paying us some scrap in advance", in addition to giving us those 5 drones. Hoever, no scrap is given. It was reported some times ago by someone else, but I re-report it, as it wasn't fixed, apparently. (Severity: Minor)

I will fix that, but it has nothing to do with CE. ;) I guess I can be glad that the mod reached a point where people start to report vanilla bugs and typos on a regular basis. :)

Estel wrote:As a side question - I know you don't like to spoil some things, but, how big a random chance of not being able to break truces? I hope it's not more than 10% - it might have been just bad luck, but today, I had it at roughly 2/3 of forced surrenders, which was quite frustrating. Could be just RNG.

Nah, I won't tell you. But it's definitely way lower than that. It's also slightly lower again for stations, as they cant run away. Being a little selective about the surrenders you accept might increase overall gain, but not diminish the frustration. There is only so much I can do to balance this feature, not many screws to turn there.
Last edited by Sleeper Service on Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightyKebab

Postby MightyKebab » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:47 pm

Sleeper, can you start making some "renovations" on auto-ships? the self-destruct business is getting tedious and I don't see how any other ships besides the satellite could blow themselves up. I missed those old days back in 0.95-99 when you'd fight auto ships without engines/helm. Today, it's all about hitting their helm and THEN they proceed to self destruct. Everytime.
slowriderxcorps

Postby slowriderxcorps » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:50 pm

Just as a little thing.. I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, or if it has something to do with my memory being warped by having the Shield Disruptor (Ion Field) augment in yet another run, but whenever I run into a Rebel Cruiser ship, it feels like its reactor is heavily underpowered compared to the rest of the ship, as in it can't seem to power everything at once. I've ran into them in later sectors (read: even one time in Sector 8) and they only had one erected Shield layer, but in lieu, they had massive amounts of Engine power. Sort of like what seems to always happen to your own power loadout whenever you jump into an ion storm.
ImageImage
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:09 pm

You should probably separate a bit the weapon mounts of this slug ship.