FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
Estel

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.096b

Postby Estel » Thu Feb 06, 2014 12:04 pm

Small hint - as mentioned earlier, mediafire messes up filename, and instead of...

Code: Select all

FTL Captain's Edition 1.096b.ftl

...we have:

FTL Captai[b]ns[/b] Edition 1.096b.ftl

It makes further seeding via torrents (with file downloaded from mediafire) more confusing than it should be. I download via torrents whenever I can (sadly, I'm behind very pesky NAT and firewall, that I don't have access too, so my seeding is limited/non-existent, most of the time I'm only able to seed 1 or 2 MB of each CE release... It may change in future, I hope), but if they're not available, I use upload service's link. Seeding via it is possible, if name isn't altered.

I suggest just skipping being language correct, and name it:

FTL Captains Edition 1.096b.ftl

...for both versions.

Cheers,
/Estel

// Edit
Starting session with FTL now, expect bug report to happen :D
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:01 pm

Mmmm, I?m thinking that maybe you put industrial sectors back into the nebulae type. They're pretty much full of nebula-type beacons anyway, and it would make aiming for them (or for other green sectors) easier, while making avoiding hazard sectors harder. This way you can aslo boast of the Quarentine-Industrial-AIoverrun trinity of unconventional sectors (which can convert to unconventional nebula beacon containers if you ever add a plague-nebula background).

Also, the scout drones look cool. What if you replaced the Mapping Computer with a player-type Scout Drone?
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:27 pm

I still don't fully understand how nebula generation works. Looks like the industrial sectors get much more nebula then they are supposed to... I though this is affected by sector type, obviously that isn't the case...

Replacing the mapping computer with the drone was considered, but I did not want to create equipment that most players would just swap in at the end of the sector. Feels not well streamlined and people might forget about the drone and then get annoyed by how it works for the blue options.
ahmedoo

Postby ahmedoo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:48 pm

I think that I found a bug connected to the Ice Fields (sector name: 10x10c).

http://imageshack.com/a/img208/2999/qymy.png

It's a bit unfair to disable player's cloak and not his oppponent's one, what do you think?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:59 pm

I once saw someone theorise that a nebula beacon can "nebulaize" surrounding beacons if they are swallowed by map nebula texture.

I would consider such behaviour awfully appropiate for pollution clouds. Which reminds me, there's still some of them (generic dar orange) that don't interfiere with any of your systems.
Metzelmax

Postby Metzelmax » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:16 pm

The game will always fill up the nebula sections of the map with neb events, even if you didnt add them to the sector. It will also add nebula events above the maximum number of sectors in a sector which then in return crashes the game. Which is just great.
Here is the Stuff I made:
ImageImageImageImage
And stuff is always better than no stuff, right?
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:44 pm

Bug report: (at least one of) the mantis station has the weapons attached to the wrong gibs.

I have Alt assigned to JUMP and I play fullscreen (so any PrntScrn will show whatever was onscreen last time you alttabbed), so that's why I couldn't screenshot without the sector map showing up, but I thought of mirroring it so you could see it without opening it in another window.

Kartoffelr

Postby Kartoffelr » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:53 pm

This mirrored screenshots gives me a headache :)
Mr. Mister

Postby Mr. Mister » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:59 pm

Yeah, found another (or maybe the same?) dark-orange pollution event (fight a pirate) where none of my systems are partially disabled not even sensors.

Code words are "shields readjust".

Also, I was thinking: there isn't any background-based hazard that (partially) disables specifically shields, right? That might be interesting, if anything because it would also work against the enemy.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:12 pm

Hm that sounds interesting. Although the AE neutron star might get close to doing that.

As mentioned before, the particle clouds come in different density. Low destiny clouds will only interfere with very advanced engines or sensors. This is cause I cant really use the "loss" tag for engines, cause it might completely disable them in the early game, if you haven't upgraded them enough. I might have to rework that to make it more clear what is going on.