FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
stylesrj

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.275/Inf 1.267/EL 1.275

Postby stylesrj » Wed May 27, 2015 9:31 am

Klokinator wrote:I'm not familiar with the inner workings of the game, but I take this to mean that certain ships will randomly have a piece of equipment on-board? I guess that actually makes me feel better. Now that I know boarding parties increase the rewards, I may use them more often!

The cargo ships certainly will have their cargo intact and you're more likely to recover slaves from slave ships (although there is a good chance that all the slaves died anyway, even if you somehow do no damage to the enemy ship)

By the way, do fire/suffocation achieve the same results, or are boarding parties unique? Like, is there a tag ingame for "If player crew is onboard the enemy ship when their crew die, gain extra rewards", or is it more "If player kills enemy crew with ship intact either with boarding crew, fire, or suffocation, gain increased rewards"?

if the enemy ship isn't automated and you remove the crew you get an increased reward. Doesn't matter if you do it via boarding, suffocation or by fire. Heck you could do it via laser and have 1HP left before you wipe the crew out. Still get the extra reward so long as you don't blow up the ship before the event text.
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Thu May 28, 2015 8:13 am

In other news, my new favorite boarding party is a Lanius crew. Just two lanius can wipe out an entire ship. They suffocate the room, killing enemies while also dealing damage, and couple them with a mind control and you get 3-5 crewman wiping out a ship, depending on your teleporter's size. It's great!

Incidentally, what do levels 2 and 3 of mind control even do? They don't seem to affect the control duration in the slightest and 'increased boost' is very vague.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 28, 2015 9:02 am

Klokinator wrote:
Incidentally, what do levels 2 and 3 of mind control even do? They don't seem to affect the control duration in the slightest and 'increased boost' is very vague.

Level 1 means the guy is under your control. Level 2 means a Human becomes a Mantis in terms of attack power and a Crystal in terms of health. Level 3 means Rockman Health and attack power of... a really scary mantis? A Giant Alien Spider?
Level 4 is... you waste 4 bars of power and now have to wait 20 seconds for the cooldown to end so you can regret ever deciding to put more than 3 bars of power into the system.
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Thu May 28, 2015 9:31 am

stylesrj wrote:
Klokinator wrote:

Level 1 means the guy is under your control. Level 2 means a Human becomes a Mantis in terms of attack power and a Crystal in terms of health. Level 3 means Rockman Health and attack power of... a really scary mantis? A Giant Alien Spider?
Level 4 is... you waste 4 bars of power and now have to wait 20 seconds for the cooldown to end so you can regret ever deciding to put more than 3 bars of power into the system.

Oh, there's a level 4?I'm using Randtrel so I've never seen it.

Also, stupid question. Can you mod in to the weapon tooltips what the actual reload time is? For example, if my guy is at max level weapons manning the station and I have three Advanced Targeting Computers, I want to know exactly what my reload time is per weapon currently, not the base reload time. Yeah, I get that it's 50% of whatever they say, but I still feel reload time is pertinent information you should be able to see while fighting.

Edit: Incidentally, I'm in Sector 1. Is this guy supposed to cost 250 scrap or...? http://puu.sh/i3tlf/157ac6a612.png
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 28, 2015 10:33 am

Klokinator wrote:Also, stupid question. Can you mod in to the weapon tooltips what the actual reload time is? For example, if my guy is at max level weapons manning the station and I have three Advanced Targeting Computers, I want to know exactly what my reload time is per weapon currently, not the base reload time. Yeah, I get that it's 50% of whatever they say, but I still feel reload time is pertinent information you should be able to see while fighting.

Not possible unfortunately.

Klokinator wrote:Edit: Incidentally, I'm in Sector 1. Is this guy supposed to cost 250 scrap or...? http://puu.sh/i3tlf/157ac6a612.png

This is most likely load order related. Can you post a list of which mods you are running?
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Thu May 28, 2015 11:52 am

Klokinator wrote:Oh, there's a level 4?I'm using Randtrel so I've never seen it.

And hopefully you never will unless you modded the game to allow Level 4 Mind Control.

Incidentally, Level 5 Hacking means you can stop an enemy system for 255 seconds (level 4 wastes your hack)
CattyNerd

Postby CattyNerd » Thu May 28, 2015 4:29 pm

So I'm getting a game-breaking glitch that, when I'm about 2/3 into the first sector, or after a certain amount of jumps, the game just... freezes. Completely locks up. I've waited for over an hour before and it doesn't unfreeze. I'm using the resource pack, the base mod, and the vanilla portraits patch, in that order. That's it. I have no idea why the game is freezing like this... I'm not even using any other mods!
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 28, 2015 5:25 pm

You can re download the mod files and see if that helps. If your PC isn't that good then it might also just not be able to handle the amount of data the game has to cache with CE installed.
Klokinator

Postby Klokinator » Thu May 28, 2015 5:32 pm

Klokinator wrote:Edit: Incidentally, I'm in Sector 1. Is this guy supposed to cost 250 scrap or...? http://puu.sh/i3tlf/157ac6a612.png

This is most likely load order related. Can you post a list of which mods you are running?[/quote]

CE Resource Pack 1.27.ftl
FTL Captains Edition 1.275.ftl
CE Infinite Addon 1.267.ftl
CE Endless Loot Addon for CE Infinite 1.275.ftl
EL Texture Pack 1.27.ftl
Randtrel.ftl
Beginning Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
Engi Scrap Advantage 1.1.ftl
randomFlagship.ftl
CrewD_v001.ftl
CE Vanilla Portrait Patch V2.ftl
Artillery Crash Fix 1.0.ftl
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Thu May 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Alright, actually all crew is supposed to be more expensive with CE Infinite. I suspect that CrewD_v001.ftl or
CE Vanilla Portrait Patch V2.ftl reverts the prices chances that Infinite makes, but they leave the Lanius untouched, which is why they are more expensive in the end. You could ask the authors of those mods to make a Infinite compatible version with higher crew prices I guess...