FTL Captain's Edition 1.308/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.308

Distribute and discuss mods that are functional. Moderator - Grognak
elijahdb

Re: FTL Captain's Edition 1.301/Inf 1.301b/EL 1.301

Postby elijahdb » Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:42 am

JuSan wrote:I'm interested in trying out Captain's Edition of FTL since someone recommended it to me as the definitive FTL expansion. I just have some questions about it.

Read the very first page and all of your questions will be answered. :)
I've created Type C Hulls for the enemy Mantis, Slug, Rock, and Zoltan ships, and anyone can use these for a mod.
Check out the details here.
CerberusLeHuski

Postby CerberusLeHuski » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:30 am

I'm pretty sure that this has shown up on here somewhere, but I looked for a bit and couldn't find it so I'm gonna ask. I ran into a bug in which rooms have grey areas surrounding them, falling off the screen. Other ships sometimes don't show up, leaving floating rooms and weapons that function as usual. The map also falls off the screen. I've tried reloading the CE Package, making sure that it is patched before the CE Mod itself, and have changed in and out of full screen a number of times. I don't know what causes it, but i'm kind of bummed that I can't play it. I just hope that people still check this forum.
stylesrj

Postby stylesrj » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:53 am

CerberusLeHuski wrote:I'm pretty sure that this has shown up on here somewhere, but I looked for a bit and couldn't find it so I'm gonna ask. I ran into a bug in which rooms have grey areas surrounding them, falling off the screen. Other ships sometimes don't show up, leaving floating rooms and weapons that function as usual. The map also falls off the screen. I've tried reloading the CE Package, making sure that it is patched before the CE Mod itself, and have changed in and out of full screen a number of times. I don't know what causes it, but i'm kind of bummed that I can't play it. I just hope that people still check this forum.

When you say "patched before the CE mod itself" you are selecting it and then CE in Slipstream, right?
Because the way you've worded it makes me think you've selected the Resource Pack, patched it, then started up Slipstream again and put CE in...

Does your mod order look something like that when it comes to CE?
CerberusLeHuski

Postby CerberusLeHuski » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:13 pm

stylesrj wrote:
CerberusLeHuski wrote:I'm pretty sure that this has shown up on here somewhere, but I looked for a bit and couldn't find it so I'm gonna ask. I ran into a bug in which rooms have grey areas surrounding them, falling off the screen. Other ships sometimes don't show up, leaving floating rooms and weapons that function as usual. The map also falls off the screen. I've tried reloading the CE Package, making sure that it is patched before the CE Mod itself, and have changed in and out of full screen a number of times. I don't know what causes it, but i'm kind of bummed that I can't play it. I just hope that people still check this forum.

When you say "patched before the CE mod itself" you are selecting it and then CE in Slipstream, right?
Because the way you've worded it makes me think you've selected the Resource Pack, patched it, then started up Slipstream again and put CE in...

Does your mod order look something like that when it comes to CE?

Sorry for the wording. I did them both at the same time in slipstream, with Captain's Edition below the CE Resource Pack, like your picture. Those are the only mods I've added.
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:41 pm

Are you sure whether you have Advanced Edition installed?
CerberusLeHuski

Postby CerberusLeHuski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:59 am

Sleeper Service wrote:Are you sure whether you have Advanced Edition installed?

OH! Haha. That did it. I was using the vanilla data file in slipstream. Thanks for the help!
leonepetryx

Postby leonepetryx » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:34 pm

I have this really weird issue were I install the mod, but all the character sprites are glitched, and missing from the bottom corner in the hangar. And when I "reset" with slipstream (patch with no mods) and try playing it that way the title says that I'm playing "FTL: Mass Effect". Also, regardless of trying the empty patch or with the mod, the description of the first Engi cruisers achievements say that it is the "Quarian cruiser". I've tried reinstalling the game and deleting the root folder of the game but nothing helps. And sorry if this is the wrong place for this post
Sleeper Service

Postby Sleeper Service » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:47 pm

Sounds like and mod manager archive problem. Reinstall the game and alos delete everything in your SMM folder, the SMM thread has a more detailed decription on how to fix this I think.